Book III-Chapter 22, August

August

Bella's POV

Bella woke from a well earned delicious nap. The last few days had been incredibly busy but rewarding. She lay there thinking about all of the different things that had happened. 4 songs from Prince's album had been selected to go onto MTV and BET in rotation. After much rehearsing the benefit concert had been a great success both musically and financially for the Pan Hellenic Council in that $250,000 had been raised. They each had experienced great visits with their parents and Bella thought that all of the parents except maybe Royal and Savannah and Andy had a better appreciation for the genius of her Prince after hearing and watching him perform. He had grown so much. His parent's and Andy had always known his potential for greatness. Possibly even more important than all of those things, the music had proven itself to be a living entity capable of miraculous things when it had reached out into one of the roughest neighborhoods in LA, South Central, and pulled four 13 year old members of the Bloods into St. Brigid's Roman Catholic Church and helped them to ask for help and reconfirm their faith. The Creator and shown them all what his plan could do when an obedient servant like Prince did as the Universe directed.

Bella rolled over and looked at her still sleeping Prince. She had grown so accustomed to waking up next to him and seeing his beautiful face. Summer was going by so quickly and she wished that she could slow it down so that she would have more time with this man that she adored. Soon September would be here and she would need to head home to prepare to return to college. She couldn't think about that now...as the thought of separating from him even for a little while would bring her to tears. Her heart just couldn't bear it. But she knew that she had no choice and so she would have to find a way to make it okay. Bella looked at the clock. They had come home from Mass, eaten a quick bite and then laid down to take a nap. It was now 3:30 in the afternoon. They had slept for about 2 hours. Bella snuggled up closer to Prince and let her breathing and heartbeat be paced by his own. He looked so peaceful. After awhile she decided to get up and see about some dinner for them. As she started to do so, Prince gently grabbed her wrist. "Stay here with me sweet Bella" he said in a voice still filled with sleep. "Well if I do you will starve to death", she said smiling. We need to think about dinner. "Let's order in" he said. "Okay, what would you like"? "Ummmm I don't know...surprise me" he said finally opening his lovely amber eyes. She looked at him and said "Hmmmm I wonder if there are any hog maws left at the Soul Food Place". "What", he said sitting straight up! Bella laughed out loud..."I was just kidding". "Ugh" he said. "Seriously maybe we could have some California Rolls and some Lobster and Shrimp bowls from Edohani" he said. "Now that sounds great", Bella said. "Why don't you go ask Carlos and Elaine if that sounds good to them. Also baby, please make sure all of the body guards eat seafood". "Okay...stay put, I will be right back", he said. Bella reached for the remote to Cloud Stream and turned it on. There were still lots of church services being shown and also an old color movie where the colors did not look real. As she flipped through the channels, she came upon a news show. As she found it, it went to a commercial. Prince came back into the bedroom and said "mission accomplished. All eat seafood and Carlos said he would order the food for everyone".

The news show came back from commercial...

In the news this afternoon is the fact that crime has been down in the city all day. The major police precincts in the city of Los Angeles have reported no homicides or drug fueled activity since 6:00 PM last night. Saturday night is typically the worst for these types of incidents. The Police Chief was quoted as saying earlier, we don't know what caused it...but we will take it. Here is hoping for the rest of this Sunday to remain as peaceful.