Book III-Chapter 42, Negotiations

Negotiations

Andy's POV

Andy' s flight home was uneventful. just the way he liked them. He had actually napped on the plane and once he arrived at the airport grabbed a cab to his home. He and Linda had enjoyed the evening with him sharing the concept of the movie that Prince and Bella had created and Bella and Elaine planned to write. Linda asked him how realistic was it for two unknown college students to be allowed to take on a task this large for a major studio? Andy had smiled and said, unknowns became knowns all the time. But more important than that...he believed that the Creator intended for these two young women to write this story and screenplay...and until the Creator told him otherwise, he was going to fight for that to happen. Linda smiled and said you go for it. It would be wonderful for their daughter and God-daughter to become known authors before they were 21! Andy grinned and kissed his pretty wife. She was always in his corner and always had been. She was really something!

When he woke up this morning, he had showered, dressed and had breakfast with Linda. He was going into The Stork Club early this morning. He wanted to prepare a strategy for discussion with Christian. Although he did not know for certain what time he would hear from him, Christian liked to make his important calls in the early hours of the day...and he wanted to be prepared. He kissed Linda who said she would be at the club at about 11:00 AM and got in his AirCar and headed to the office.

Andy arrived at the Club and went directly into his office suite. He noted that Antoine's car was in the parking lot and therefore knew he was in the building. Picking up the phone on his desk, he called down to the kitchen. Antoine answered and he told him he was in the building and asked if they were the only ones there. Antoine told him yes, that the assistant chef would be in at about 10:00 AM to start prep. He would be receiving the food orders this morning and also giving the custom refrigerator a good cleaning. Andy told him he would talk to him later and disconnected the call. At 9:15 AM his cell phone rang. That was 6:15 AM California time. Looking at the screen, he saw that it was Christian. "Here we go" he thought and answered the phone. "Good morning Christian you are starting mighty early this morning", he said. "Good morning Andy. "Yes today is going to be a busy one. I got your message. How may I help you"? "I went to visit Elaine and Carlos yesterday and also had a chance to chat with Bella and Royal". Are you still considering doing the film with The World Changers? "Absolutely I am. I think that we can ride the wave of their incredible music and popularity and produce a blockbuster", Christian said. "I agree", said Andy. " In talking with them yesterday, they had some really interesting Ideas that I think you should both know about and may want to consider. But I think it best, if they tell you those ideas themselves. Did you intend to talk to them soon"? "Yes as a matter of fact, I was going to call Prince tomorrow". "Okay, good", Andy responded. Because of what they shared, I think you might want to do that in a conference call so that they four of them might be on with you at the same time. Prince has also asked that I be part of the call. Does that work for you"? Andy said without hesitation..."of course. Would a call at about 10:00 AM tomorrow work? I have an 8:30 AM meeting and then need to speak with our President for a while but am free after that". "10:00 AM California time? "Yes, that would be okay", Christian said. "I think it will probably work, but let me call them to make certain and I will call you back this morning", Andy said. "That would be great" Christian said. "Talk to you shortly" Andy said disconnecting the call.

Prince was still sleeping when Bella woke. She had slept well and felt really rested despite the activity of the last two days. She looked at her sleeping Prince and as she did most mornings, could not help but smile. He looked so sweet! She never failed to thank the Creator when she woke to his beautiful face for this magnificent gift to her life, the gift of love from a man she adored. She snuggled close to him for a minute kissing his forehead and then got up and did her morning routine, put on a robe and headed into the kitchen to make coffee. It was 7:30 AM. She put the coffee on and then went back into the bedroom and pulled out some clothes to wear. She decided on a pair of grey summer weight slacks and a grey and white pullover top and silver sandals. She pulled out some fresh underwear from her drawer and was headed into the bathroom when Prince said "good morning Bella" in his deep, sexy, morning voice. "Good morning baby" she said and went over to the bed and kissed him on his cheek. I put the coffee on and am about to get dressed. He smiled that lovable crooked little smile of his and said..."come back to bed Mama. I need some attention". Just as she was about to agree, Prince's phone rang. Looking at it he saw that it was Andy. He answered, "This is Royal". " Good morning Prince. I just got off of the line with Christian and he wants to know if all of you are available for a 10:00 AM conference call tomorrow". " Let me check" Prince said. "Bella, are you available for a 10:00 AM call regarding the film tomorrow"? "Yes, of course" she said. " Bella and I can do it...let me walk to Carlos's room and ask". Prince threw on a robe and walked to Carlos and Elaine's room and knocked on the door. "Yeah", Carlos said. "Can you and Elaine do a 10:00 AM conference call tomorrow morning regarding the film with Christian"? "Absolutely" Carlos said opening the door to their room. Great, we will talk with you once we are all up and awake, Prince said. "Okay Andy, we are all in for the call". "Good! I will get back to you with the details", Andy said. Andy disconnected the call and as he did, he smiled. He liked the way that Prince considered the others in his world. He did not just assume they would be available or tell them they would be; he always asked. This was a quality he hoped that he would retain as his fame grew...and it was about to grow exponentially. Andy, called Christian who was on another line and so he confirmed the call time with Dee, Christian's assistant.