Book III-Chapter 14, Jimmy Sanders, Predator

Jimmy Sanders

Jimmy's POV

Jimmy Sanders had left the meeting absolutely furious at Royal.  Who the hell did this young punk think he was.  Jimmy had been in the record business for over 25 years and he knew his game.  Royal was like so many of these new artists thinking the rules did not apply to them.  He would show him though.  He would make his album fail and then Royal would come to him begging for his help, and when he did, he was going to have that beauty of his, Bella as his payment for getting him a gold or platinum record.  He had to chuckle at the thought of that babe on her knees in front of him...doing his bidding, doing exactly what he told her to do. 

Jimmy was 45 years old and was a very good looking black man.  He was 6'0" wore his hair in a short, curly afro and wore primarily custom made suits and shirts.  He had been married, but his wife, Monica, had left him a year ago when his Cocaine problem became worse after he had promised to go to rehab, which he did not do.  He had 5 children, 3 with his wife and 1 from a previous relationship.  It was the last one though that had brought the walls tumbling down in his marriage.  The youngest of his children was an 11 month old girl that he had with a 19 year old groupie for one of the many groups he had helped to launch.  When the girl was confronted by his wife she had told her a very difficult to hear story.  She said that Jimmy had been out of his mind on Coke the night she had shown up backstage after a Fine as Wine concert.  He had asked her who she was looking for and then introduced himself as their manager and taken her to a dressing room...only it was not their dressing room, it was a room that was not being used for this show.  The young woman, whose name was Jessie, then told Monica that Jimmy had raped her.  Monica had looked at the woman in disbelief, but as she continued to describe what had happened to her, Monica knew she was telling the truth.  Monica had gone home and made some phone calls, plane reservations and was on her way out of the house with the children when Jimmy had arrived home.  He asked her what was all of this when he saw the suitcases in the hallway.   Monica had looked at him in total disgust and said "ask Jessie".  He had grabbed her by her elbow, but she had reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out the Derringer he had bought her in happier times for protection when he traveled and put it to his forehead and demanded he let her go.  Jimmy had only seen Monica in either one of their attorney's offices or a courtroom since.  He was pissed as this divorce was costing him a lot of money. 

Jimmy needed a taste.  He went into his new office, locked the door and unlocked the top side drawer in his desk and pulled out a vial made of elephant tusk ivory.  Reaching for the chain around his neck, he pulled out a little diamond and ruby encrusted handle of a white gold spoon.  Tapping some of the expensive white powder into the spoon, he put the spoon up to his right nostril and snorted.  Then he did the same to his left nostril...within 30 seconds he started to feel the effects.  He swiveled in his chair and looked out of the windows that overlooked the Hollywood Hills.  He was going to get even with Royal and Carlos and Andy and Royal's father for messing up his life and he was going to make sure they felt worse than he did when he was done.  He looked at his watch and saw that it was 3:00 PM.  He wanted a drink.  He locked the vial back into the top side drawer, put the spoon back inside his shirt and headed for his car.  He had another identical vial hidden in it.  Going downstairs, he said good night to Maxine, the golden haired receptionist with the big tits and headed for his car.  Getting in it he reveled for a moment at the thick brown leather in his Mercedes 500.  He turned on the engine and pulled out of the garage.  He drove to Century Blvd and turned toward the airport.  There were a lot of gentleman's clubs on this strip and he was going to go into one of his favorites, The Platinum Club and  have a drink and find some pussy.  He needed to release the pressure and nothing was better for that than some Coke, Hennessey, and some poontang.  Jimmy unlocked the glove box, pushed a button that accessed a hidden compartment and pulled out the small vial.  He pulled out the small spoon around his neck and tapped enough for two snorts into it.  After snorting them, he put the vial on the inside of his jacket pocket and went into the club.  He would stay until it closed down at 2 AM.  Before hooking up with some chick with big tits and ass, he called one of his buddies and told him he wanted to find out where Royal lived and he wanted to know tomorrow morning.  His buddy, a former rapper and recently released convict asked what he was paying.  "What did he want", Jimmy asked? "Some Coke"..."done".  A half pound when he delivered the information was promised.