Book III-Chapter 89, Sunny LA, Premiers Ahead

Sunny LA, Premiers Ahead

Prince's POV

Their flight had arrived right on time on Monday evening and the 4 had been really excited to return to the warmth of Los Angeles. Frank and Melvin had gone to pickup their SUV from VIP parking and they had waited outdoors for it to pull up next to the plane. The rest of the men had helped to get the instruments and luggage out of the luggage bay and to load it into the touring bus which had pulled up while they were unloading. Once the instruments were secured, the touring bus took the band members to Arista, where they would set them up in rehearsal hall 3 and then get into their individual vehicles that had been parked safely in the VIP Arista garage and head home, some to wives and families who lived with them in LA, others to the quiet solitude of their apartments and call Chicago to speak with their families. Still others would stop by girlfriends places for a much anticipated reunion. Carlos and Prince loaded their things into the SUV that Frank and Melvin had pulled up and headed to their LA home. Arista security had stayed in the home during their 3 month absence so they were certain that everything was fine. Frank, however, followed the full protocol as he pulled into the garage. They checked and found the alarm was not engaged so they were certain that the Arista guys were in the house, but they took no chances. Frank and Melvin entered the house and walked it greeting the Arista team and then returned to the garage with the all clear. Ross and Larry helped the four with their luggage and also brought in their own. They were back, but their lives had already changed although that was not yet as apparent as it would be in the next few weeks when they walked the Red Carpet for the Premiers in Detroit and Los Angeles. After that, nothing would ever be the same. But that was still up the road and only Prince was aware of just how different things would become . He would sit them down and share some of the things they needed to know and prepare them for the changes to come, but not tonight. Tonight they would enjoy being back in their own space, unpack and enjoy each other's company. Tomorrow he and Carlos would discuss the Premier schedules with Christian and afterwards, maybe over dinner, they would talk about life after the premier of Another Chance. Bella went into the kitchen and was happy to see that Christians's team had stocked the refrigerator and cabinets with the items she and Elaine had put on the list before they left. She poured 4 glasses of lemonade and then asked over the intercom if the security team would also like some. The Arista team had a big pitcher full in the refrigerator, just as they had requested. A resounding yes came back in seconds. She poured 4 more glasses and left them on the sideboard. The Arista team however said thank you but no...they wanted to head back to their own lives. Carlos, Elaine and Prince came into the kitchen and got theirs. "Prince, I am going to unpack", Bella said. "Let me help, and then we can relax for the evening" Prince responded. The two of them headed to their bedroom and Carlos and Elaine did the same. It was 3:30 PM and they would be finished with the job with both of them doing it in an hour. They unpacked, hanging what needed to be hung, putting the folded things in drawers and Bella took the few dirty items that were in need of washing to the laundry room and started a load. Returning to the bedroom she bundled the items that needed to be cleaned and Prince said that he would take them to the cleaners in the next day or so. With that out of the way, Prince went into the den and sorted the huge piles of mail into his, Carlos, Bella and Elaine piles. The good news was there were no bills as they had converted them to on-line accounts before they left for Michigan and had paid them as they came in. He would let each of them go through their own mail and determine what was junk. He, however, threw out all of the junk mail addressed to him right then. He looked at the remaining mail that was his and determined he would open it the next day. With this task as complete as it was going to get today, he joined Bella in the family room. Elaine had joined her, Carlos was on the phone with his dad in the bedroom. They turned on Cloud Stream and caught a story that surprised them.