Book II, Chapter 6, Comfort Anyway, Anytime

Comfort Anyway, Anytime

Prince's POV

Prince woke up to a quiet house. He could smell coffee but could not hear Amiir stirring. He was tired. He remembered how restless he had been from the level of desire he had come home with the night before. The Universe had flowed knowledge into him at a furious pace the previous night at Temple about what needed to be done to bring the most Divine Musical sound from the choir in Worship. The results had been worthy of the Creator of which Prince was very grateful, however, it had left him highly stimulated and therefore hypersexual. While he had done the honorable thing when he realized he was losing control and left Bella's place, the way he had done it was in his mind seriously less than ideal. His lovely Bella probably thought he was a crazed madman, and in a way he probably was. He had to find a better way to handle this.

In his past existence he would have pulled out his journal of numbers and called one of the bevy of beauties he was dating and either invited her to Paisley Park or created some date experience and gone to her, had a meal or something and then bedded her to eliminate the extreme need. Woman had functioned in his mind as either objects or possessions often in that existence. He remembered telling Mayte once, that all women belonged to him, when they were having words about something that had offended her. While he remembered saying the words he could not fathom what he meant by them because he knew better even then. Rarely did he feel any guilt or shame for his behavior until he had literally become a man in his 50's. As his soul matured he had tired of being a borderline predator (as he had begun to think of himself) and had moved into celibacy some years after the breakup of his 2nd marriage. While he had slipped up on occasion, he had really tried to direct his energy into many directions other than sex, such as charity work through his foundation, coding education for inner city kids and many other projects as well. It had helped that his gift was becoming less demanding. His own voracious reading had allowed him to discover that science had proven extreme creativity was a product of youth...which is why he had been so prolific as a writer early in his career. His ability to create never waned, as a matter of fact, some of his best work had occurred later in his life, however, the demands of his gift changed as time moved forward. His reading had taught him that as one aged, one's brain changed and the number of receptors, he reasoned, tuned into the Universe changed also. Literature that he read shortly before his death also suggested that his growing depression had impacted the level of stimulation that occurred within his brain as well as the volume of it. In addition, as his pain from his physical maladies increased, it made having sexual relations more difficult as it was sometimes painful. However here in Paradise he had returned to a youthful level of vigor as all did. It was totally unacceptable, impossible and not his desire to attempt to use old strategies to solve his current dilemma. But he needed to solve it. He was grateful that with Bella in another incarnation he would have the One created for him to help quench the fires of his highly sexual nature. Jesus assured him she had been created to be his equal in this area, but here in Paradise on Holy Ground, sexual intercourse was forbidden even between eternal companions, so he needed to come up with an acceptable alternative. Deep inside him, he knew that Bella loved him and would help him in every way that she could. But he was uncertain as to how to share this with her. Was it his pride getting in the way again he wondered? He would need to consider that and if so work through it. He knew he could not go on as he was right now.

Prince got up, went into the bathroom, made his morning water and put on a robe. He needed some coffee before he could even think about dressing. Going into the kitchen, he poured a cup and got his flavored crème out of the refrigerator, added two sugars and stirring it took his first sip. He closed his eyes and said...better...out loud. He noticed a note on the sideboard from Amiir saying he had an early morning visit with one of his charges and would see him at Worship. Prince, still feeling really tired sat down at the table to finish his coffee.