Book III-Chapter 39, The Interviews Part 2

The Interviews, Part 2

Andy's POV

As the Good Morning America Show had ended and as he and Christian had approached Royal and Carlos to congratulate them on not only amazing performances, but also very impressive interviews, Andy had noticed something he had never really appreciated before.  Prince was totally distracted, emotionally overwrought and really stressed until Bella approached him and he embraced her.  In the confusion on the set he could not see her and he had cried out for her with the same intensity as an injured man would on a battlefield.   As she whispered words to him that only he and God knew,  It immediately calmed him and was like seeing two halves of a whole come together and somehow comfort each other despite the chaos that was swirling all around them.  He had always known that like most truly gifted artists, Prince was very sensitive to many things, some of which most human beings did not even know existed, but he had never really appreciated how perfectly the Creator had molded each of these young people for one another, to help each other in their assigned roles until that moment earlier today.  Right there on full display was the Creator's love in its purest form.  It was not flashy, or overly dramatic;  it was subtle, soft and so incredibly beautiful that even an alpha male, driven, entrepreneur like himself was moved to tears.  

He thought about his own daughter and how she had found in Carlos a protector and friend and future husband and father for her children, who in this decaying world was like a fictional character from another time where honor, kindness, gallantry, commitment, honesty and fidelity were still the guiding principles for all people and he once again saw and felt the paint brush of the Creator at work.  He was bringing a wonderful world into being in which his daughter could safely live out her life.  And, then he thought about the words that these two  young,  talented men had used to describe he and his wife Linda, Bella's parents, David and  Kendra and their own loving parents and he realized what God had intended all along for families to be.  It was all about loving relationships and trusting God to establish and guide them, not we ourselves,  and letting that love reverberate in larger and larger concentric circles that took into account passing it from generation to generation.  It was all about each member of each of those circles doing his or her part within the role assigned by the Creator, not some role we picked for ourselves  to protect, enrich, produce and nurture the precious, precious love that God had allowed for them to find.  It was all about Love!   He was so moved and grateful and realized how fortunate he, his wife and daughter were that Prince and Carlos had entered their lives.  He appreciated so much being allowed to help in some small way to move forward the Creator's mission that was tied to these young people achieving success.  He was thankful  that he, his wife and his daughter had been chosen as vessels and that thankfulness made him truly happy.  When he arrived at his suite at the hotel to take care of some things before going to Arista to lunch and the second round of interviews today, he found himself going into his room and falling on his knees and just offering prayers of gratitude and asking for nothing.  He had everything that he wanted and needed and was most joyful at being used by God for whatever His purpose was.  He wondered what the day would bring from these meetings with Andrea...last week she had seemed like such a threat to Prince and Bella and even Elaine and Carlos, but today he was not worried or even concerned.  The Creator was in control and making his presence known.  Nothing, Andy believed,  would be allowed to derail whatever the Creator's plan was. So he simply said, "God's will be done".   He was tired.  He would make two critical phone calls and lay down.  In looking at the clock it was only 7:30 AM. He would sleep for 2 or 3 hours and then shower and head for Arista.  He removed his clothes pulled on a pair of summer weight sweats, made his calls and pulling the spread on his bed over him laid down and fell into a deep and restful sleep.