Book III-Chapter 72 Tour's End; Soul Sanctuary

Tour's End; Soul Sanctuary

Prince's POV

It was the morning of August 16, which was the day of the last concert on this European Tour. Prince's eyes opened slowly and adjusted to the light in the room. They had left one of the shades up slightly when they went to bed. They had flown into Vienna, Austria last night from Sweden. The show there had been a huge success as had they all. The shows though in Zurich, Switzerland Johanneshov, (Sweden), and Vienna, he had been informed, had sold out within the first 2 hours tickets were released for sale. He had really thought about adding some shows for those cities , but had decided against it as it would have meant eating into the vacation time they had planned right after this show which both their women and the band desperately needed. Who was he kidding? He and Carlos really needed it too. Adding shows also would have impeded his getting a couple of days of recording time in. He had some new music running around in his head that he thought would be great for the upcoming film that he needed to record. Plus Bella and Elaine needed time to complete the screenplay, which despite all of the moving around and some of the adrenaline driven excitement that had occurred, had come along quite nicely. Prince yawned and stretched his arms above his head while still laying on his back. He looked at Bella. Her eyes were closed and she looked lovely as always. He smiled. He really wanted to feel those gorgeous breasts and go for some lovin' but she had been exhausted when they had finally gotten to the hotel so despite his craving, he would let her sleep. He looked at the clock and couldn't believe it. It was only 7:10 AM. He thought they would at least sleep until 9:00 AM. He got up and went into the lovely bathroom and took care of his morning business. They would play tonight at Wiener Stadthalle-Halle D. Vienna, Austria. It was a beautiful venue and their hotel, The Guest House was just minutes away. Prince finished his business and after washing his hands returned to bed. Climbing in he scooted over next to his Bella placing his right arm lightly over her stomach and giving her a kiss on the cheek, closed his eyes to catch at least another hour or two of sleep. Bella smiled when he kissed her and he fell back asleep with that image of her in his mind. Bella was the next to awaken and did so at 9:15 AM. She only woke up because she had to go to the bathroom. Doing so she also returned to bed when she finished. Prince had felt her stir and had waken up when she got out of bed. When she returned, he cuddled up to her and said "good morning my Bella". "Good morning Prince". "Hungry" he asked? " I could eat", she said. "But I could also sleep more", she added. " Well let's do both" Prince said. "Soundcheck is not until 3:00". "Okay" Bella said. "Let's sleep first". Prince pulled her to him and kissed her pretty lips and cuddled and they slept another hour or so. At 10:30 they finally got up and ordered breakfast. They had a typical Austrian breakfast of Semmeln (breadrolls) with butter and jam, Coffee, cut sausages, boiled eggs and orange juice. Afterwards, they showered and dressed casually and called Carlos and Elaine and agreed they would have lunch at 1:00 PM in one of the hotel restaurants before leaving for the soundcheck. The Security team had continued to take turns having their families come to visit. All had been except Melvin's girlfriend and so she had flown in to join them last night. She would stay through their downtime and then fly home with them since she lived in LA. Prince would record at a local studio at least one day of their stay, but other than that it was going to be relaxation only on the agenda! After their showers, Bella and Elaine hooked up to finish the screenplay. They estimated that they should have a finished product in two more work sessions. They had decided to meet in Elaine's room.

Prince sat on the window seat in the living room of their hotel suite looking out over the city. Vienna even looked rich in history and it was, especially in musical history. Beethoven,Brahms, Hayden, Mozart, Schubert, and many more had their talent nurtured by this amazing musical city. Was it any wonder that his creative juices were flowing so actively? This was the last tour he would ever do without having a piano in his room. Right now his hands were itching to follow the lead of the universe and the musical secrets that it was depositing into his mind. Prince could hear the chords and the delicate notes of a song about soul healing. He immediately thought of Soul Sanctuary, a song written in a previous incarnation that spoke to the love of a woman and how she had become a peaceful sanctuary for his soul. When he had written it so many years ago, he knew nothing of Bella then, and yet the song had described her impact on him perfectly. From the beginning of time his soul had known she existed but it took eons for him to be given the gift of having her in his life, to have earned her in the eye of The Creator. He shivered as though a cold wind had come through the room despite his sitting in the warm rays from the sun through the window. The thought had come quickly of life without his Bella...life before her...he quickly sent the thought back to the pit of hell from which it came. He had been a miserable man in that life despite all of his gifts...now he would use them as they had been intended when given...to better and brighten a world that had been on the road to corruption since the incident in the Garden of Eden. He would use his gifts under the direction of The Creator and somehow His magnificent creation...Arabella Brianna Borden made that possible. His eyes filled with happy tears and he whispered, thank you to the God of Creation; thank you for bringing her to me at last. Prince got up and picked up his acoustic guitar and settling back on the window seat, began to play Soul Sanctuary...he did it as a form of worship of The Creator and a form of thanks for this wonderful life that he and his Bella were creating together. They were allowed to see the world together, they were allowed to have one another as life...no as eternal companions all because of the music. Thank you Father for the music he thought. Thank you for my precious woman...for my Bella. And thank you for not giving up on me all of those times when you could have. I will do my best for you Father...he thought as he played and as he played, he began to glow with the light of heaven.