Book III-Chapter 19, The Tsunami Hits

The Tsunami Hits

Prince's POV

The next few days were a whirlwind of activity. They appeared on the Good Morning LA show the next morning having to get up at 4:30 AM, arrive at the sound stage before 6:00 AM, do a sound check and block the dance movements, and then perform. As had happened the previous day, the performance was very successful; the audience was very enthusiastic about their performance and had let all know it with their clapping and chanting of Royal's name. They had re-shot If I Love You and were pleased with the outcome and now had four very viable videos to present to MTV and BET for rotation. After the show, they had grabbed a bite and gone home to take a nap. They then went to rehearsal at Arista using the 3rd floor Practice room that was assigned to them. They started at 6:00 PM and left at 10:00 PM. They would return at 4:00 PM for the next two days and leave and head directly to the Tonight in Los Angeles show for a sound check and finally Late Night In LA that would begin at 11:00 PM both evenings. They performed at 11:30 PM and at 11:40 PM over the next two nights. They kept the same set list for both shows and were very well received on both nights. The band and Bella and Elaine were tired though and Prince observed that. He decided he needed for them to be rested when they appeared to play the benefit concert on Saturday night. He told them there would be no rehearsal but to report to the venue at 2:00 PM. They were adding the faith based songs to the program and therefore would need for the sound check to run until 5:00 PM or so. They would then get into their costumes with the help of the costumers and perform. Prince was very pleased with the last few days and was looking forward to the concert and to the meetings the following week with MTV and BET, Christian and Lou Levens. Once the videos went into rotation, he was going to take Bella someplace to unwind a little. They had been working hard and needed to relax a bit. He knew that Carlos and Elaine were up to a change of scenery too. He waited until Larry told them it was clear and then he, Bella, Carlos and Elaine and the rest of the body guards got into the SUV and headed home. They would eat a little, sleep and prepare for the concert tomorrow night.

After entering the house, the two couples ate an entree type salad with endive and spinach, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, shrimp, cheese and croutons that Bella and Elaine threw together. They chatted for a few minutes after clearing the kitchen, but they were feeling a little weary from the activity of the last few days and decided to call it a night. Bella let the bodyguards know that there was plenty of salad for them in the refrigerator and then joined Prince in their bedroom. She could hear the water running in the bathroom and guessed that he had decided to shower, so she was surprised when he appeared naked in the bathroom doorway and invited her to join him in the bathtub. He had run wonderful bubbles with his lavender bubble bath and had added a little lavender oil for good measure. Bella quickly undressed and joining him, slid down into the luxurious bath sighing as she did at the wonderful feeling that the hot silky water gave to the weary muscles in her back and her legs. Prince had gotten in behind her and her head was resting on his chest and they were covered in mounds of bubbles. You could see nothing of either of them except their necks and heads. Prince began to rub her arms and breasts gently not so much out of desire but rather simply enjoying being close to her.

"Bella" he asked, "what month of the year do you think you would like our wedding to be in"? Bella smiled at the thought of them marrying and said, "that's easy, June". "I would like to be a June bride". Prince said, then we should start to think about which year. You will graduate next May. But you will only be 19 years old, turning 20 in December. I think it important that you be at least 21". "So 2 years from when I graduate"? "Yes, can you agree to that"? "I guess so, although I do not really see the benefit of waiting once I have graduated". So you would not mind marrying before you are 21? "Not at all", Bella said. "Okay, then. I can concede that point. One year after graduation then, as long as your parents agree". Bella gave him a kiss on the cheek. Prince then asked, "which city"? "Well I guess Detroit" she said. "It is my home and that of my parents. Isn't it tradition for the wedding to be in the bride's home city"? "Yes, if you want to follow tradition", Prince said. "Why, what were you considering", Bella asked? "I was thinking about an away wedding. Perhaps somewhere warm of course, but also very romantic like the Greek Isles or Majorca, an island in Spain. We could fly in our guests...and book accommodations for the day before the wedding through the day after. If they wanted to stay beyond that they could do so on their own tab. We would of course fly them back at our expense though, whenever they wanted to return", he said. Bella thought about it. Prince, I like that idea, and will speak to my parents about it, once we lock in on a country or island. Prince said "I will work on the budget for it". Bella turned her head to her left side and gave him another kiss on the cheek. "Prince, I know you will help all you can, but I am an only child with only one wedding to plan ever...and dad did become a millionaire from the IPO of his company a few years back. I don't think he will have an issue about the money if it is what we really want. I like the idea better than the old hall rental or something like that for the reception. After the concert is over let's spend some time looking at locations and venues". Prince smiled and said "OK baby. One last thing. Will we marry in the Catholic Church or the Methodist Church", Prince asked? Bella would have to think about that one. She had been Catholic all of her life and her parents were totally committed to the faith. Her mother had even converted to marry her dad. She loved her faith but did not believe that to marry Prince in his church was a sin no matter what the church taught. God loved all of his houses of worship and those who did so therein, regardless of denomination, Bella thought. "What would you feel most comfortable with", Bella asked? Prince said" I would feel comfortable with either, but I have come to love Father O'Rourke very much as you know" Prince said, "and I would like it if he married us so I guess we should do so in a Catholic Church". Bella asked "Prince how will your parents feel about that"? "Well I am certain they will be disappointed", Prince answered. "Well what if we asked for the role of 'Pastor' in our wedding to be shared between my Priest and your Pastor. I am sure these two very fine men of God will find a way to make that work" Bella shared. Prince kissed Bella on her cheek and said "I love it. I think that will satisfy both sets of our parents". They wanted the occasion to be one of beauty and joy and did not want anyone to have hurt feelings because of their decisions. About the finances for the wedding though, Prince would talk to Bella's dad. He did not want him to feel that he was taking advantage of his wealth for their wedding. Bella would be his wife and it was his responsibility to give her the things that she wanted. They kissed a little in the bath, and then getting out, they dried each other off and moisturized each other. They put on their bed clothes and after Prince had cleaned out the tub, they got into bed. Prince cuddled Bella close and they fell asleep. They were exhausted but pleasantly so.