Book III-Chapter 32, A Time of Change

A Time of Change

Bella's POV

Bella woke up to find that Prince was already out of bed. She laid there for a moment and heard his voice speaking to someone from inside the bathroom. She heard the words coffee for two and a breakfast pastry basket and fresh fruit for two as well. What a sweetie he was. He was ordering breakfast for them from room service. She looked at her phone and saw that it was 7:20 AM. Her alarm would go off in 10 minutes. Prince opened the bathroom door and came over to her side of the bed and saw that she was awake. "Good morning pretty girl", he said. "Good morning Prince", she responded. " I hope I didn't wake you. I went into the bathroom to try and let you sleep while I ordered room service", he said. "No baby, you didn't wake me. I just woke up. So what is for breakfast", Bella asked? "Fresh fruit, breakfast pastries, and coffee". "Sounds lovely", Bella said. Prince went back to his side of the bed and getting back in rolled on his side and kissed her on her cheek. "So we go back to LA today and to the new place". "Yes" Bella said. "The realtor sent a picture this morning of the two master bedrooms. They are identical, but she wanted us to see the look now that they have new linens and things in them. This is the beige and lavender one. She didn't shoot the lavender sofa but she assured me that it is still there. It does look really inviting doesn't it"? Yes it does Bella said looking at the picture. "Think you can sleep in that bed with me", Prince asked smiling? Bella turned on her side facing him and said "I can sleep in any bed you provide for us with you Prince. What does it matter as long as we are together"? He looked in her beautiful eyes and saw that she meant every word she had just spoken. He kissed her deeply and said, "you are the most loving woman"...and kissed her again.

Reaching for the remote on the bed stand, he turned on Cloud Stream. It was Sunday so there were several religious programs on and he started scrolling through the channels. He stopped at a local News Show that was called. Sunday Morning In Manhattan. "Manhattan woke up to a wonderful morning with temperatures in the high 70's and a forecast of sunny skies all day", the announcer, Brett Garrison said. "We have a special guest this morning, Andrea Williams, music correspondent for the New York Times is with us to tell us about the concert she attended last night at the Metropolitan Opera House. Good morning Andrea, it is good to have you back on the show. So tell me how was the concert last night, who was the artist...how was the show"?

"Good morning Brett and thank you for having me back on Sunday Morning. The concert last night was one of high energy, strong performances and amazing band direction. The vocals were exceptional and the dancers were definitely not your run of the mill, Hip Hop, show my private parts kind of performers. These two women were as good as any from the American Ballet Theater and would probably be accepted if they did walk-on auditions. The Artist, is Royal also known as the Royal Prince, and his band is called The World Changers. Each and every one of his musicians from keyboards and guitars to horns, and he has both trumpets and sax in the line up and his drummer is beyond talented. I of course have only heard Michael Bland and John Blackwell play in videos from the 20th and 21st centuries. They were drummers for Prince Rogers Nelson back then, but anyone who knows anything about drums knows that they were probably 2 of the best of their time or any time...unless you compare them to Prince himself, who it is said was even better than they. Carlos Rodriguez though last night took things to a whole new level and Royal called him the best drummer in the world and he may just be right! The dancers double as background singers for the band and as I said appear to be professionally trained. They are Bella Borden and Elaine Grady and from what I have learned, Bella and Royal are an item as are Carlos and Elaine. The entire band is a group of unknowns except for Royal who apparently is a recognized musical genius out of Chicago who began playing the piano at 3, played his first classical piece at 5 and plays 23 other instruments with guitar being his favorite to play these days. It is said that he writes most of the music they play and arranges all of it. Carlos shares some music writing credits with him on the new album which is called If I Love You and is on the Arista Label.Those two go way back to kindergarten as far as how long they have known each other. As a matter of fact the entire band other than the girls are boyhood or long term friends from Chicago having met sometime between elementary school and college. All are college graduates and most graduated from University of Chicago. The only exceptions to that are Bella and Elaine who are attending the University of Michigan and are going to graduate a year early it was rumored with the new school year beginning next month being their senior year. Royal is related to 20th Century wunderkind Prince Roger Nelson who was his gggg Uncle. The acceptance in the US of their music has been very exciting in that they have 7 of the Top 10 on the R&B charts which has broken the Freshman Album record by 3 and they own the Places 1,2 4,6 and 8 spots on the Billboard Hot 100 which has also broken the Freshman Album record by 3 as well and have 4 diamond records on both. Having diamond records on a Freshman Album has never happened before to a contemporary artist. Royal is said to be humble and gracious and not into the whole Rock Star entitlement behavior stuff. It is too early to call that one though. Here is hoping he retains that as part of his reality as well as his image Brett, because if he does, this band can go as far as it wants to...they have all the right stuff"!