Book III-Chapter 9, What Fathers Understand

What Fathers Understand

Prince's POV

The Brunch show was as successful as all others.  Prince had delivered some amazing vocals and his guitar playing on Purple Rain had brought applause that that threatened to raise the roof right off of the building.  The Universe was directing Prince now and had been he realized since he had played his first note in this city.   It moved him to sing  4 the Tears in Your Eyes  again but had changed the placement of the Praise songs to the end of the show.  His mind was telling him that was a huge risk as there would be no love song or dance song to recover the mood if the audience was not accepting of the more religious tone of the music.  But his heart said as it always did 'trust God'...and this time also said 'trust his Creation'.  And so he stood up from the chair in which he had sat as he played Tears with Elaine on one side of him and Bella on the other. Carlos,  who had been next to Elaine for harmony on Tears had returned to the drums and like the rest of the band was waiting to be cued as to what the last song would be. 

 Prince said,  "Detroit, thank you for the love you have shown to the band and me this weekend.  It has been a joy to share our love through our music with you.  Detroit,  would it be okay with you if I consider this my second home,  away from home"?  That brought a lot of shouts and applause.  "Thank you Detroit"!  He gave the signal for Into The Light.  The girls walked off of he stage one to each side and stood and watched the Royal Prince become the Magical Being he was created to be.  His vocals were like light itself filled with just enough angst.  Carlos played the drums like a man possessed and Jeremy, Holy Father, Jeremy,  the sax player, brought the house down.  Royal's guitar licks were understated throughout the song  and then he did an unplanned solo that was haunting, beautiful and absolutely mind blowing. He brought the song to an end on the 1.  The stage went black and there was total silence in the house when lights came back up seconds later no-one was there. The pandemonium that erupted was unlike anything that the Stork Club and ever experienced. Clapping and shouting in a chant Royal, Royal, Royal, Royal began.  The legend of The Royal Prince being magical began that night with the legend being directed by the Universe for Divine purposes. 

Prince and Carlos headed for their dressing room and each of them took a quick shower. Once they were dressed they began to pack up their personal things.  When that was completed the band met back upstairs at the stage and broke down their equipment and began carrying it out to the truck.  Royal Sr. and David helped. Andy was handling some other business related to the club.   When that was completed Prince went looking for Bella.  He couldn't find her, surely she hadn't left.  He doubled back and found her in the VIP room talking to Elaine.  "Can anybody join this party" he asked?  He walked up to Bella and for the first time since seeing her again embraced her in a full hug.  I need to talk to you Bella.  Elaine laughed and said" well I guess that is my cue to leave". Prince waited until Elaine was out of earshot and then said,  "Bella this has been an amazing weekend.  I have loved working with you as well as just being in your company.  We are going to build a wonderful relationship but it starts with me making some changes in my thinking and in my life.  I will be considering some ways to do that.  There is also going to be a lot of work and separation for a while.  I don't know if I will sign with Sony or not but eventually I will sign with someone and most likely they will be based out West...so I may have to be there a lot to record.  That will mean us not seeing a lot of each other at times".  "I know" Bella said. " Are you going to be able to handle that" Prince asked?  "I think the bigger question is are you", Bella said?  Prince knew exactly what she was referring to.  I am going to give my best effort Bella.  I want to be worthy of you.  Bella looked at Prince and knew that what she had to tell him might have an impact that she did not want but it needed to be said.  "Prince" she said, she took his hand and sat down on one of the chaises and he sat next to her.  I thought about what you said to me the other night and clearly because I am so young,  I had not even considered how this would effect you.  While we never had sex in Paradise we did use our best judgment as to how to help each other to get through the tough times of sexual hunger.  Clearly that cannot be handled in the same way and I don't know that it is fair to ask you to live like monk at this time of raging hormones in your life.  So I guess I am saying if you want to walk away I will try my best to understand.  I feel like what this is going to take is going to be so unfair to you and..."Bella", Prince cut her off. "Now you listen to me.  I am not going anywhere unless work takes me there.  I certainly am not walking away from you.  Are you crazy?  I lost a whole lifetime without you already, I will not do it again.  First of all you are not asking me to do anything.  God is and has for eons.  While very few people practice it , we are not supposed to be sexual until we marry according to his commands. Most of us including me have just ignored that.   It's not easy but it can be done and if that is what it has to be to be with you then so be it.  I will either succeed or I won't but if I don't I will die trying.  But I have to ask this of you, unless you no longer want to be mine, please do not ever suggest that one of us should walk away again.  I can take a lot of things but I cannot handle that.  On the flip side though, if you do ever feel that way, be honest enough to tell me and I will do the same". Bella looked at him and said okay.  We better go upstairs as I am sure  Andy will be looking for me.  I will call you everyday and see you next weekend okay?  "Okay".  "Bella"?  She turned around and he pulled her gently to him.  Have you ever kissed a boy?  "No" she said, and he then kissed her on her lips very gently and lovingly but his member started to act up.  He quickly broke the embrace and said "now you have; see you soon". Bella looked at him and smiled.  She was feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.