Book III-Chapter 49, Homecoming

Homecoming

Prince's POV

Time had flown all too fast after Thanksgiving day. Friday after dinner, the two couples and their parents and grandparent's had enjoyed a movie together at the historic Fox Theater in Downtown Detroit and then had come back to Kendra and David's home to pack and enjoy the last of each other's company until the next month which would bring the Christmas Holidays. Prince felt a little sad when he and Carlos along with one of David's security team drove his and Carlos' parents to the airport for their flight back to Chicago on Saturday morning. As he grew older, he realized what wonderful, loving parents he had been given through the grace of the Creator and he truly loved and appreciated them. He hoped that he and Bella would be as good as parents to their children, as Royal and Savannah had been to him. He prayed for that daily and knew he would give his best effort at doing so. His Mom kissed him and thanked him for a lovely holiday. His dad just embraced him and said I will talk to you soon. When he did, he avoided looking directly at his son. He only did that when he was feeling very emotional and he was feeling so proud of the Royal Prince for the man he had become...if he had looked at him, he thought he might have started to cry. Prince embraced Alejandro and Nita as Carlos embraced Royal Sr. and Savannah and they each said their goodbyes. Prince watched his parents and Carlos's folks too walk up the ramp toward their plane until he could not see them anymore. He was so blessed and so happy that these would be the 4 people aside from he and Bella and Carlos and Elaine who would influence his children the most. Those babies would be so incredibly blessed. He smiled to himself at the thought. Carlos went back to Linda and Andy's to collect Elaine and Prince went to Kendra and David's. He thanked them for their wonderful hospitality both for himself and his parents and grandparents and told them how much he had enjoyed being there with Bella. He helped Bella get everything packed and then afterwards he rode with the chief of security to take his grandmother back to Southfield. His other set of grandparents would ride with the four of them to the airport as their plane back to Atlanta left 30 minutes after Prince's did for California. When they let his grandparents out of David's Security SUV, he checked their bags and gave them long and loving hugs. They did the same with Bella and then walked inside of the Delta terminal. He settled back into the SUV with Bella and held her hand until they arrived at the United terminal where they would board their flight home to Los Angeles. He got their bags to curbside check in and then hugged Linda and Andy who had ridden with them to the airport. Jermaine, David's Chief of Security would drop them at home before heading back to David's place. "Prince it was really good to see you and Bella" Linda said. "Thank you" Prince and Bella said at the same time. "It was good to see you too", Prince said. " We will see you next month for the Fire and Police events and Christmas", Bella said. Elaine hugged her mom and said thank you for a wonderful holiday Mom. She then hugged her dad and said the same. Andy fist bumped Carlos and Prince and kissed Bella on the cheek. "See you all in December. Take care of our girls", Andy said! The 4 of them waited until Linda and Andy were back in the car and then went inside to prepare to board their plane. They were called to board almost as soon as they got to their gate. Their security team was there waiting for them. "How was the holiday", Prince asked Frank and his brothers Larry and Melvin? "Fabulous" Frank said. Melvin was smiling like a Cheshire cat as Helen was traveling back with them and he was holding her hand. Prince laughed and said "I can see how your holiday was Melvin". Melvin smiled even wider while Helen blushed. They boarded and had an uneventful flight back to LA.

Once they deplaned Frank went and got the car and they waited in the UNITED Club room until Frank called and told them to come downstairs to avoid the crowds and the paparazzi. A few snapped their pictures as they left the terminal, but it was not too intrusive. Frank took to the air once they were all inside of the vehicle and they were at their home within 35 minutes. Melvin then took Helen home. Frank walked the house while Larry stayed with the couples. The alarm was already off and as they entered the house they smelled a lovely aroma. Ross was back already and had made a Won-ton Soup, Egg rolls and Crab Rangoon for a light supper. "Hey guys", he said..."welcome home"! The guys gathered in the family room to swap stories about the holidays while Bella and Elaine went to their rooms and unpacked with each taking their dirty clothes to their respective hampers in the laundry room. They would wash tomorrow and get ready for classes on Monday. Tonight though they would relax and enjoy each others company and that of their men.