36

Ariana opens the front door and creeps in. She couldn't see a damn thing but she felt a piece of paper so she turned on the light. He smiles at the little note Doug gave her before creeping to her bedroom.

She smiles at Pete fast asleep on the bed. She shuts the door and takes off her shoes quietly changing into some shorts and a top.

She creeps to the bed and slides in. She lies there awake for 15 minutes before rolling to face Pete. She kisses his lips. "Your not Ariana go away" he mumbles "fuck you wake up" Ariana whines slapping him making him open his eyes. "Baby" he smiles "I didn't think you were home till later" he asks "I wanted sleep"

*****
"How is she" Doug asks "sleeping like an angel I've spoken to her this morning but she just wants to sleep due to the lack of it during the week" Pete says grabbing himself a drink.

Pete presses play on the series he had began watching while Ariana was sleeping. Reuniting isn't always being together it's wanted the best for that individual.

Pete grabs his phone and sighs. "Do we have to wake her" Doug asks "you reading what I'm reading" Pete asks "that Malcolm's passed away" Doug asks and Pete nods putting the laptop on the side.

"We have to wake her" Pete says "before everyone comes round we should tell her while it's quiet" Pete says and he nods. "I'll go and get her" Pete adds standing up.

He walks to the bedroom and his heart broke. "Ariana Baby" he asks sitting next to her making her roll over away from him. "Ariana baby I don't want to do this but you do need to get up" Pete places his hand on her arm making her open her eyes.

"I don't like the sound of your voice what's going on" Ariana asks "come with me" he asks making Ariana grab a blanket and walk out with him. She sat on the chair and Doug gave her a sad smile.

"What's going on" she asks "we have some news and its news your not going to like" Doug says handing her the phone.

"No!" ariana shakes her head grabbing her phone. "Ariana" Karen picks up "please tell me it's not true" she wipes her eyes "sweetheart I'm so sorry he's gone" Karen tells her. "No no no" Ariana drops the phone letting out a cry as Pete sits down next to her.

"I loved him I really did" Ariana cries her eyes out into Pete's chest. "I know you did Ariana" Pete tells her picking up the phone. "I'm so sorry for your lose" Pete says "keep her safe Pete. Malcolm would want you to do that" Karen sniffs "I will don't worry." He says before ending the phone.

"My best friend. My love. My hero" she cries "can you get me some water?" pete asks and Doug nods.

Pete gently picks Ariana up placing her in his lap holding her closely gently rocking them. "He cant be dead" she covers her ears. "I don't want him to be dead" she cries holding onto Pete.

Pete takes the water off Doug and thanks him. "Come on Ariana take a sip" he ask placing the glass to her lips making her shake it off her lips.

Pete sets it on the side rubbing Ariana's back. "Go let them in but Make sure they stay quiet" Pete says and Doug nods.

Pete carries her to the kitchen and grabbed a straw before going to sit back down with her. "I should have helped him" she sobs "that wasn't up to you Ariana." Pete rubs her back "you left because you were scared not because you didn't love him. Deep down in your heart you love him that's a special kind of love" Pete tells her. "Like me and you" she mumbles and he nods "if you feel that way yes." He tells her putting the straw In her mouth and getting her to take a bit of water.

Everyone comes in making Ariana cry even more and hide her head under the blanket. She couldn't find her words. She just wanted to cry. Malcolm was so special to her and for her to know that he wasn't here anymore broke her heart.

"Can we disable her Instagram comment" Scooter asks and Pete nods. Scooter hands her phone to Pete and he puts the passcode in before handing back the phone.

"I need a wee" she cries "go on then it's okay" he rubs her back Ariana stands up and takes Pete's arm making him follow her to the toilet. She hands him the blanket while she sat down and did her business "you want something warmer to wear" he asks and she nods her head wiping her self and washing her hand.

He gently takes her hand and takes her to the bedroom where he found some fluffy pyjamas for her to wear. "Want me to leave you get changed in private"
He asks and she shakes her head. "Want me to help" he asks and she nods just standing there.

He lifts off the top and swapped it over and helped her with the pants before grabbing the blanket and taking her back out. Tears still pouring out her eyes.

"can you all give us some space" Pete asks "sure" They all says rubbing Ariana's back. "Frankie can I come with you" Doug asks and Frankie nods.

"Take care of her. Call me if you need anything" Scooter tells Pete who nods his head before focusing back on Ariana.

"I need the toilet okay will you be okay here" he asks her and she nods rolling into the sofa and cuddling into the blanket. He stands up walking to the bathroom.

Ariana picks up her phone and googled Mac miller reading all the articles about him. "Ari you shouldn't read up on it" he sighs stroking her cheek "he overdosed it is my fault I left him when he was struggling" Ariana cries "he overdosed himself Ariana he didn't get help" Pete tried to reason with her.

"He loved you. I know that. He loves you so fucking much and you both had to let that go to help each other." He tells her kissing her head. "He's gone" Ariana says to herself.