45

"Ariana wake up" Pete gently shakes her. Ariana sits up with heavy breaths bursting into floods of tears. "I WANT TO FUCKING SLEEP" Ariana screams making Pete wraps her in a hug. "I'm tired please just let me sleep" she sobs making his heart break for her.

"What's going on" Doug Alexa Frankie and Joan all come in. "Bad dream" Pete says "and she wants some sleep" he adds rubbing her back keeping her calm.

"I'm not supposed to be here." ariana sobs "Ariana" They all sit around her. "First 22 die because of me now Malcolm who else has to for me to completely break" Ariana sobs "first 22 people didn't die because of you" Frankie says "YES THEY FUCKIG DID THEY WERE THERE BECAUSE OF ME" Ariana screams. "LEAVE ME ALONE I JUST WANT PETE" Ariana screams at her family.

They all nod leaving the room.

Ariana turns around hiding her head into his chest. He laid them back down leaving her to cry into his chest as he whispers sweet nothings into her ear to help calm her.

Ariana cries herself back into sleep in Pete's arms.

****
Pete wakes up and Ariana looks up to him. "Did I really scream at my family" she asks and he nods "I didn't mean to" she covers her mouth "they will understand" Pete rubs her back.

Ariana let's out a yawn. "Why don't you get your headphone and music and go back to sleep" Pete suggests "because they'll only fucking wake me" She huffs "a few hours might help" he say and Ariana nods. Pete grabs his phone and puts on some music since he didn't get any notifications it wouldn't disturb her.

He pecks her lips leaving her to sleep.

"How is she" Joan asks "I think she's a little scared to come and approach you now but I've sent her back to sleep with some music" Pete says and Joan nods.

Pete cleans the kitchen and the living room a little bit. Ariana walks out shyly and everyone looks at her. "I'm sorry" she mumbles "it's okay we understand your having a hard time" Joan tells her hugging her.

"I know you don't like Pete though" she sighs "that's changing Ariana" Joan tells her holding her daughter. Ariana smiles weakly into her mums shoulder. "Pete" Joan says making him look up to her.

"She's asleep can you help me" she asks and he nod standing up and walking over to them. He gently picks them up making Ariana snuggles into Pete knowing it was him. Even in her sleep she knew he had her. He sits down with her on the sofa wrapping a blanket around them both.

"She's supposed to be going to the sweetener Spotify thing today" Alexa says "she'll want to go" Pete says "I know her answer already" he chuckles kissing her head.