40

Ariana sneezed making Pete jump out of his sleep. "Sorry" Ariana says before sneezing again. "It's okay" he rubs her back. "You sick" he asks "maybe" Ariana sniffs. "You have been complaining your cold lately" he says and Ariana nods.

"I have stomach cramps too. Maybe I should take a test" Ariana says "a test for what" Pete asks "pregnancy" she sighs. Pete wraps his arms around his girl.

"You could just be sick Ariana" Pete says "I know but shouldn't we be sure" Ariana asks. "Yes we should." He rubs her back. "Let's get some sleep first" he says and Ariana nods laying back down. 

"I love you" Ariana says "I love you too" Pete kisses her forehead.

****
"What the fuck" Ariana whines sitting up. "Is there actually a fire" she pouts "it's a test but you still need to go down" Joan comes in. Pete picks her up grabbing a blanket and carrying her. Ariana snuggles into him thankful for him.

"It's okay beautiful" he rubs her back as she covers her ears letting out cries. "Joan help" Pete asks "Ariana breath for me" Joan asks "can you turn the bloody alarm off yet" Pete asks trying to calm Ariana down in which the alarm had triggered something.

"Make it stop" she cries "I've got you. Your safe, everyone's safe" Pete tells her rocking her gently as she breathed to calm down.

The alarm goes off and Ariana hides her head into Pete. "Ariana its okay" Joan rubs her back "people died" Ariana says "I know they did sweetheart but it was a fire alarm. It happens sweetheart I'm sorry" Joan tells her.

"Can we go back up now" Pete asks and they nod. "I'm sleepy" she yawns "go sleep beautiful I've got you" he replies making her smile closing her eyes.

Once they were back up to the room he placed her on the bed. "She's asleep" Pete says and Joan nods "you not going sleep" she asks and he nods "I wanted to ask you something" he asks and Joan looks at him.

"She thinks she's pregnant" Pete says "why" Joan asks "she's got cramp and I think she's sick" Pete says "just get her to take a test. But you have used protection right" she asks and Pete nods.

*****
"Can we go for a walk" Ariana asks "sure" he says "I'm scared" she pouts "I'll be your side the whole time. You want a change of scenery. That's okay"
He says bending down in front of her. "I know" she sighs getting changed.

"One minute I want to be on you and the next I don't want you near me" she sighs "that's normal" Pete says "I'm depressed" she sighs falling back into the bed "Ariana baby. Everything will calm down. Your in therapy your dealing with it a little better now. It's falling into place" he tells her making her sit up and fasten the zip.

Ariana stands up kissing Pete's lips before grabbing her phone. They head out their apartment and walk the streets.

Ariana cuddles into Pete as they wait to cross the road. Pete gently kisses her head "I love you" she mumbles "I love you too it's okay to be emotional" he kisses her head again "I'm drained" she sighs and he nods taking her hand and crossing the road.

"You want a drink" Pete asks as Ariana takes his hand and she nods "please" she says and he takes her into a smoothie place.

"What you want" he asks gently keeping her close to him. Ariana whispered what she wanted making him nod and order for her. "Here you go" he smiles making her smile taking a sip.

They share a kiss. "Can I try yours"'Ariana asks and he nods handing her his drink to try "eww gross" Ariana gags making him chuckle slightly at her.

They arrive back at their apartment. "Why the fuck do we have flowers"
Pete asks making Ariana  shrugs. "There from Courtney" Ariana says and he nods.

Ariana sighs seeing the box of tests on the side. "What is the answer isn't what we want" Ariana asks "then we get through it together what ever you choose" he says and Ariana nods taking the test and going into the bathroom.