The Crush of a lifetime

Requested by selenalove0701

Hope it's okay! Enjoy!

♡◇♡

~~~

Y/n tied her apron around her waist, then tied her hair up into a tight ponytail, picking at any loose hairs on her blouse. She quickly washed her hands before stepping out onto the floor, and putting on a semi real smile.

She walked to the podium and pulled out two menus, smiling at the couple in front of her, and asking them to follow her.

"May I get you gentlemen anything to drink?" She asks as they sit down, the two men looking at each other, silently communicating.

"Pepsi and.."

"... Dr. Pepper, hunny, we've been married for two years and you still don't know?" The guy sends his husband a playful glare, as the other gentlemen rolls his eyes and smiles.

"I know! How could I?! I'm sorry my love, please... if you truly love me, forgive me!" Y/n lets out a giggle, hoping on day that she would be able to find a playful and funny wife like that.

"You two are so adorable, take a look over the menu and I'll be right back with your drinks." She walks away with a smile, and quickly fills their drinks, before walking back and handing their drinks to them.

"Are you ready to order, or do you need a few minutes?"

"We need a few more minutes," she smiles and tells them to take their time, before walking back over to the podium. Another waitress taking a family of four, leaving the single woman standing alone.

"Hi! How many?" Y/n smiles, before her eye's widening when she sees who it is

"Oh, just me today." The singer's voice is soft and sweet, Y/n's heart melting a bit more at it. She clears her throat and nods, grabbing a menu and walking Selena over to the table, trying to keep calm and stopping herself from fangirling, on the outside at least. In her mind, she's jumping around and squealing, wanting to ask Selena so many question.

"Wh-what would you like to drink?"

"Water please, and add a lemon if you can?" Y/n nods and immediately walks away, grabbing onto one of her co-workers arms and freaking out, quietly of course, before cooling down and getting her water.

"Here you are, and are you ready to order, or would you like a few minutes?"

"Give me a few minutes?" Y/n smiles and chuckles.

"Take your time, no rush hun." Y/n walks away and returns to the gentlemen, apologizing for not returning sooner, but the men wave her off with a smile. She quickly takes their order and turns it into the kitchen, before setting another family down and taking their drink order.

She frowns when she hears them talking about Selena, seeing if they could take picture's with her. Y/n wants to say something, but if she does, she could get in trouble. She walks back to Selena, her mood putting her in a damper, but she puts a smile on her face.

"Are you ready to order now hun?" Selena quickly rattles off her order, smiling and thanking Y/n. The waitress smiles and walks away, putting Selena's order in before getting the family their drinks.

She sets the tray down on their table and dishes out their drinks, trying to ignore the looks they send the singer. The two youngest take their phones out since their parent's tell them too, that it would be okay to take Selena's picture and their mom starts getting out of the booth, the kids following, but Y/n stops them.

"Don't."

The mom looks at her with a confused look, and Y/n tries hard not to roll her eyes.

"Don't go over there disturbing her. She doesn't want her picture to be taken."

The mother scoffs and rolls her eyes. "And how do you know that?"

"How would you feel if people bugged you, or your family while you ate for a picture? Cause I would be highly annoyed. All she wants to do is eat in piece and you're over here telling your kids it would be alright? Your daughter didn't even want to disturb her. Leave her alone, or I'll kick you out." Y/n walks away, leaving the mother speechless and probably starting to plan revenge on her. She puts the tray away and walks back to the gentlemen with a smile.

"Do you men need anything?" They shake their heads, smiling at the waitress, before Y/n moves on towards Selena.

"Would you like more water?"

The singer shakes her head and smiles. "No no, I'm good, maybe when my order comes." Y/n smiles and starts to walk away, but a warm hand gently grabs her wrist. "Thank you." Selena lets her wrist go, Y/n nodding at her before walking to the kitchen.

She sees the manager walk out, a waitress directing him where to go, and she closes her eyes, hoping she's not about to get fired.

She picks up the gentlemen's order and quickly deliver it to them, before taking one of the guy's drink and refills it. "If you men need anything, don't hesitate to ask," they thank her with a smile before she walks back to the kitchen, but like she thought, her manager stops her and takes her to a covered area where no one was.

"Y/n..." she sighs and shakes her head.

"The mom was telling them to go interrupt her! I wasn't gonna let that happen, she deserves piece and quiet and that woman didn't care!" She almost whines, her manager rubbing his head, causing Y/n to roll her eyes.

"But telling her you would kick her out?"

"I told her if she didn't leave it alone I would. To make her not go over there. I know you've done it with your kids, threaten them with a time out or taking a toy away so they won't do it again." She crosses her arms, knowing she made a valid point.

"Just, don't do it again. Okay?" Y/n nods, walking away and up to her friend, asking if she could take the table instead. She grabs the singer's order and delivers it with a smile.

"You didn't get in trouble right?" Y/n chuckles and shakes her head.

"No, just a warning, but honestly, you're worth getting in trouble for. Anyways, would you like another water?" Selena stares up at her, slowly nodding and keeps watching her as she reaches for the cup. She walks over to the gentlemen and smile, asking if they need anything, amd with a shake of their head, she walks off, getting the singer another water.

"What's your name?" Selena asks as Y/n returns with her water.

"Y/n Y/l/n."

"Wanna go out?" Y/n has to hold onto the chair, so she wouldn't fall over.

"Ex-excuse me?" She lets out an airy chuckle, not believing Selena, her crush of how ever many years, asked her.

"Would you like to go out with me? Like dinner? Wine and dining?"

"Me? Are you sure?" Selena giggles and nods, looking up at her as she lays her chin on her palm. "Yea.. yea! Sure, um yea." Y/n rolls her eyes and chuckles as the singer pulls out her phone and hands it to her.

"Put your number in so we can set up a time." Y/n makes quick work of that, sending herself a text as well before handing the cell back to her.

"I'll be back in a few, enjoy your food."

"I'd rather enjoy you.." Selena mutters, Y/n hearing her causing her to stop and choke on her breath.

"Oh god..." Jesus, they haven't even gone on a date and Selena's trying to kill her already.