rainy days ~ zach

The rain was a soft pitter patter against the window. Music played softly in the background, filling the comfortable silence.

You were hunched over your computer, hastily typing out your essay. Zach was leaning against the headboard scrolling through his phone.

"My head hurts." You whispered to yourself. You felt the mattress shift as Zach came up behind you. His arm wrapped around your waist and his chin rested on your shoulder.

"Mine would too if I had been staring at a computer screen for the past two and a half hours." He said, leaving a kiss on the side of your neck.

You sighed "I've typed out and deleted the same sentence seven times, Zach." Your voice was low and tired. He paused for a moment, looking at your work. Suddenly he moved away from you, grabbing your laptop and setting it on the bedside table.

"C'mon babe" he said, taking your hands and dragging you off the bed. You groaned, a smile on your face.

"Where are we going?" You asked him.

"Out." His answer was simple, a silly smile curving his lips.

"But baby, it's raining," you said, looking out the window.

"And?" He said, throwing a hoodie at your face. "You make a compelling argument, Herron." You said back, pulling the hoodie over your head. He smiled, pulling the car keys from the hook.

"Let's gooooo" he said, holding his hand out for you. You took it and the two of you strut down the hall to the elevator, swinging your hands back forth.

Ince you reached the elevator you pressed the button. Zach stood there for a moment then lightly tapped your shoulder, "tag" he exclaimed and sprinted to the stairwell. A huge smile broke out onto your face.

"You are so dead, Zachary!" You yelled, chasing him down the stairs, both of you laughing the whole time.

You ran after him down three flights of stairs. He eventually stopped at a landing to catch his breath.

Once you caught up to him, you stood a few feet from each other. He stared at you, both your chests heaving from running. "What?" You asked him, slightly breathless.

"Nothing, you're just cute." You looked down for a second, blushing, then back up at him "You're cute too, Herron." He took a few steps forward, you took a few steps back, your back now pressed against the wall. Zach rested his hands on the railing on either side of you. "Your trapped." He said gently.

"I see that" you whispered back, glancing at his lips. He leaned forward, pressing a kiss to your lips. The kiss was soft yet urgent.

You placed your hand on his chest as you broke apart for air, both yours and his cheeks flushed.

You smiled.

"Tag, your it." You said innocently, dashing down the final flight of stairs.

Zach threw his head back, "y/n!" He yelled after you. You could hear his footsteps coming behind you. "You can't go anywhere, I have the keys!" His voice was full of laughter.

You looked over your shoulder, throwing him a smile, "you better catch me then."
__________________________________
A/n: zachary dean will be the death of me I swear.

04/29/19
the imagines get better i promise ;)

07/29/19 {12:45 am}
lol this sucks?