wedding ~ corbyn

THIS WHOLE IMAGINE HAD ME SO SOFT YALL
You had just walked into the apartment, throwing the mail down onto the table. Corbyn peeked around the door of the fridge. "Hey baby, how was your day?" He asked, coming to stand by you. "It was pretty good, busy, but we get to open the invitations, so I'm excited for that." You said a little giddy. "They came in?" Corbyn's tone radiated the same excitement as yours. "Mhmm." You nodded, smiling. "I know we're already invited but its still so awesome that we get invitations." He added. "I know, ugh I'm so happy Jack and Gabbie are getting married." You beamed. "Ok let's open them." Corbyn urged, picking up his invitation and handing you yours. You slid the envelope off the invitation and began to read the message. "Because you have shared your greatest love and friendship in our lives, we, Jack Avery and Gabriella Gonzales invite you to share the beginning of our new life together when we are joined in holy matrimony on Wednesday, the twenty first of September, 2019." You read aloud. "Oh my gosh, y/n you're crying." Corbyn said, quickly hugging you. "Well yeah, two of my very best friends are getting married and I literally cannot wait." He kissed the top of your head, mumbling "me neither" against your hair. "Did Gab already ask you to be her bridesmaid?" Corbyn asked after pulling away and readjusting so you were pressed against his side.. "Yeah, I cried then too." You giggled, turning back to the table. "Not gonna lie, the boys and I almost cried when Jack asked us to be his groomsmen." You let out a little laugh. "Three months till we watch our best friends get married. Can you believe that?" Corbyn nodded at your question. "They're meant for each other." You turned around again so you were facing him. "That's not what I mean, three months. So much still has to be done." You said,waving your hands around. "You worry too much love." Corbyn laughed, kissing your cheek before entering the living room.

Three months went by too quickly. You and Corbyn now stood at the end of the isle, ready to walk down. "He looks so good, and like he's about to cry." You whispered to Corbyn, referring to the smile Jack had cascading over all his features "I think he is gonna cry." Corbyn whispered back. "I can't wait for him to see Gabbie's dress. She's so beautiful." You said excitedly, your voice still hushed. "Not as beautiful as you y/n." Corbyn said, looking away from you at the doors you were about to walk through. "Now isn't the time to try and be cute there babe." You said giving him a side glance and a smile. Cobryn didn't say anything, he just leaned down and pressed a chaste kiss to your cheek. The two of you began walking down the aisle, the fabric of your bridesmaid dress being kicked up by your heels. You unlinked your arms once you reached the end and ascended the few steps to stand where Tate and Gabbie's sisters also stood. Corbyn made his way up the steps to the rest of the boys, performing the small 'bro' handshake with Jack before standing in his place. Next came Gabbie's mom, pushing Lavender in a small bassinet. Finally, Gabbie's father entered entered the room, Gabbie on his arm. Let's just say Jack did cry.

The reception was just as good as the ceremony, the lights were bright and the music was loud. People all around you were dancing and smiling and laughing. You looked at Corbyn, his eyes gleaming as he held you in his arms, swaying to the beat of the music. "They did it, they finally did it." You smiled brightly, your voice cracking with gleeful tears. "I know, I'm so happy for them." Corbyn smiled back and rested his chin on the top of your head, looking over to where Jack and Gabbie were holding each other, not really dancing. "That was the most beautiful ceremony I have ever been to." You said against your boyfriend's chest. "It really was." He agreed. Corbyn grabbed your hand and twirled you around. You giggled at his actions and fell into him. A more upbeat song began to play, both you and Corbyn smiled widely at each other. "Gabbie's coming over!" You yelled as the music grew louder. Corbyn nodded and looked around the room. He saw Tate and Jonah gravitate towards you too. Corbyn let go of your hand and you started dancing with Gabbie, holding both her hands in yours. Kay and Zach began dancing their way over to the small group you had formed, along with Jack and Daniel, who had Lavender in his hold, bouncing her slightly. Everyone was smiling and moving around each other, Jack and Gabbie eventually coming together as the rest of you grabbed the nearest person to dance with. You ended up with Tate, the two of you watching as Jonah and Corbyn mimicked some form of a slow dance a few feet away from you. As the slow song progressed you and Tate picked up a conversation. "He's looking at you y/n." She smirked. You turned your head to look at the boys behind you, and sure enough, Cobryn's eyes were locked on you, a small and shy smile tuned up on the corner of his lips. Heat rose to your cheeks and you moved your glance to the floor, only making Corbyn smile wider. "You've been together how long now?" Tate asked. "Oh god almost four years?" Tate peeked over your shoulder before fixating her gaze back to you. "He's gonna ask soon." She sang with a knowing smirk. "Ask what?" Tate tilted her head as if to say to you "You know exactly what." You smacked her shoulder lightly. You smiled at the thought of Corbyn asking you to marry him. "I don't Tate, he's busy with the band, what if it isn't the right time?" You finally said. Tate stopped dancing and grabbed you by your shoulders and spun you around to look at your boyfriend. "First of all, you can't tell me he's too busy because we just watched two of our best friends, and one of them is part of the band mind you, get married. Second, it may not be the right time now, but I'm telling you, the next wedding you'll be dancing at will be your own." You tried to shake the grin from your face. "I think I want a new dance partner." You smirked with an eyebrow raised. Tate covered her heart with a hand and let out a mockingly offended gasp. You only laughed breathily as you danced towards Daniel and Lavender. Tate was right, the next wedding you'd be dancing at would be your own. Corbyn watched as you danced with all his friends, smiling like that was the only place you belonged. He looked at you one more time before heading towards the punch table, squeezing the small box in his pocket a little tighter.
_________________________________________
A/n: i've been mia for waaay too long and still haven't finished jonah's birthday imagine (i hate myself lololol) because i've been lacking inspo for it but don't worry it should be up soon! love you all •3•