we need to talk ~ zach

Oddly enough, this one wasn't a product of my boredom in social, it was a random idea i had on the bus. enjoyyy :)

Jack had led you to an opening directly behind the stage, where him and the boys would come through once the show was over.

You thanked him for bringing you from the airport and driving you to the arena. "Ok I gotta go now, try not to let Zach see you" He said to you.

"Will do, thanks Jack, good luck!" He nodded, "Thanks y/- oh shoot the guys are coming, go back there quick!" Jack shoved you behind some equipment and you held your breath, nervous that Zach might see you.

After a few minutes, you heard Tyler talking to the boys, telling them it was show time. You heard them pray, and silently joined in.

Then the cheering started. It was loud and excited. Carefully you crept out of you hiding place and stood slightly behind a beam so you could see the show but none of the boys could see you.

You mouthed along to every lyric, a huge smile plastered on your face for the entirety of the performance.

Zach was the last of the boys to come off stage. First it was Jack, he sent you a thumbs up. Then it was Daniel, you placed a finger to your lips, signalling him to stay quiet. After him it was Corbyn, his face broke into a surprised smile, you returned it and sent a look to Zach, which Corbyn understood. Jonah came next, winking at you. Finally, Zach.

He hadn't even completely come off stage when he noticed you. "Y/n!" he screamed, running to you. His arms instantly went around your shoulders, you own circling around his torso.

You took a deep breath, breathing in Zach's sent. It smelled like home. It was a smell you had been missing for the past 2 months, even if he had left you with three hoodies and a pair of sweatpants.

You looked up at him, your cheeks starting to hurt from how big your smile was. He leaned down slightly, kissing you like his life depended on it. You kissed back with just as much desperation.

Once we pulled away you looked at the boys, all smiling. You looked back at Zach "I-um need to talk to you" You let out a breath as you spoke. Daniel must have noticed how choked up you were as he said: "We'll let you guys talk, c'mon" he motioned to the green room, the rest of the boys following behind him.

Zach's face had concern written across it. "What's up,babe?"

You looked up at him, "Yikes, where do I even start?" you whispered to myself, Zach heard you though, and you could tell it only made him more confused and nervous.

"Zach, I love you"

"I love you too" he said back immediately and sternly, his eyebrows furrowed.

"But-" you continued

"Oh no" he said under his breath.

"But I hate this. I hate saying goodbye to you. Saying goodbye to my parents was easier, hell saying goodbye to my best friend was easier when I moved out to LA." You took a breath. "But you? saying goodbye to you sucks." His eyes traveled her your face. "I hate how physically attached to you I am." You started rambling now, waving your hands around. "How you always have your arm around my waist or shoulders, or your holding my hand or kissing my cheek. I hate how emotionally attached to you I am. I hate how you always know how to make me feel better, how you can always make me laugh. I hate how you always know what to say." Tears brimmed your eyes, Zach lifted a hand and brushed them away with his thumb.

You calmed down slightly "I hate that I'm here telling you this. Because this is your job, this is your dream, and I hate myself for being upset that you get to live it without me." Your words were shaky and weak. 

"Y/n" he whispered your name.

"Zach I am so, so sorry." Your voice quivered, tears now spilling from my eyes.

He shook his head "Why are you sorry? Do you think I don't go through the exact same thing?"

"I-" he cut you off. "You not being here is honestly the worst thing ever. Not being able to have my girl right by my side while I live my dream makes it feel like a whole lot less of a dream" A sad smile graced your lips

"There you go, saying all the right things again" You chuckled lightly.

"Y/n, baby, I want you here all the time but it just doesn't work out that way."

You sighed "Ugh I know." He looked down then back into my eyes, his own glossing over. "Please- please tell me that's all you came to say, don't tell me you can't do it anymore." His voice was weak and it cracked when he said the last part.

"No! of course I can, it's just hard. That's all." You licked your lips.

He let out a breath "I know, love." This time you kissed him.

Once you parted he spoke "We'll get through this I promise" his hands finding their way to your waist.

"Ok" You smiled. He kissed you again.

The boys came out from the green room. Corbyn glanced between the two of you. "You two are still together right?" He asked.

You and Zach looked at each other "Yeah..?" You both said at the same time.

"AHHA" Corbyn shouted. The other boys groaned, each handing him a 5 dollar bill. "I told you they're meant for each other!" He exclaimed.

You and Zach turned to them, "You bet on the strength of our relationship?" You questioned "Ummmm" Daniel hummed, the other four looking at their feet, clearly guilty.

Zach raised an eyebrow. "Wow guys, just wow" he said, kissing my hair.
_______________________________________
A/n: drop a bit if you enjoyed

07/31/19
{3:37 pm}
my entire thought process while editing this: "do i not know what punctuation is? capitalization? hello? why did i even think this was good the first time??"