horror movie ~ jonah

You sat next to Jonah in the theatre. Your hand clinging to the plastic arm of the chair so tightly your knuckles had turned white.

The screen flashed black then a scream came echoing out of the speakers. Jonah flinched, his hand quickly moved to cover yours. You looked at him and gave him a sympathetic smile which he returned.

You focused your attention back to the big screen. Jonah noticed your tense demeanour. He watched as you tightly closed your eyes, how quickly you bounced your leg up and down and how firmly your fingers were wrapped around his.

He let out an audible sigh. You turned your head to check on him but he was looking down. You assumed he was regretting agreeing to go to this movie with the boys just as much as you were.

You looked away again. Jonah lifted his head to observe his bandmates then turned his eyes to you again.

He leaned over to Zach, his voice barely above a whisper. "Hey man, y/n and I are gonna head out"

Zach nodded slowly, his eyes still on the screen "oh,um,ok,we'll tell you when the movie is over, just text us where you are."

Jonah patted him on the shoulder. "Thanks man"

"yeah" Zach grunted back, clearly very into the film.

Jonah lowered his lips to your ear. "C'mon babe, lets go" you brought your attention to his words.

"What? Go where?" you asked. He shrugged his shoulders

"I dunno, let's just get out of here."

you nodded once "ok." The two of you stood up, hands still intertwined, and exited the movie theatre.

Once you left the building, you shielded your eyes from the sun by turning your head. You noticed Jonah's sunglasses perched on his head, you reached your arm over to grab them. Jonah noticed of course, especially because you were so much shorter than him and had to stand on your toes to reach the glasses. He let you take them. You put them on, they were too big on you and slid down the bridge of your nose slightly.

Jonah laughed at you and kissed your cheek lightly. "Where are we going, love?" You asked. Jonah glanced around, his eyes landing on a 7 Eleven a few minute walk down the street.

"Wanna grab some slushies?" He requested.

"Yes I do" you said to him, smiling. As you walked to the gas station, the two of you discussed movies.

"I honestly just don't understand the hype around horror movies" you argued.

Jonah laughed at your defensiveness. "Hey babe, I don't get it either but the guys love 'em so I thought 'why not'?"

You chuckled. "I know, like why can't our friends be more into Disney movies?" You questioned with a mocking tone.

"Oh don't even get Jack and Daniel started with Disney movies." He said through small fits of of laughter.

You giggled at his comment "Oh I know, one time Jack kept me up until 1:30 in the morning talking about Brave." Jonah perked up,

"Oh my goodness, I remember that!" You both bursted into a fit of laughter.

Before you knew it, you had reached the 7 Eleven. Jonah, being the gentleman he is, opened the door for you. You thanked him silently with a smile.

You wondered to the back of the small shop to where the slushie machines were. Jonah grabbed you both a medium cup. You filled yours with sprite, then a layer of vanilla ice cream and finally some fuzzy peach.

Jonah filled his with root beer and vanilla ice cream. He always told you it was so much better than your own combination, to which you just scoffed playfully.

Once the cups were filled, you grabbed Jonah an orange straw and placed it into his slush. He smiled at you and retrieved a green one and put into your cup.

You put lids on your cups and let your legs take you to the snack aisle. The two of you each plucked a bag of chips from the rack and went to the cashier. You went to get your wallet out of your purse only to have Jonah place his hand on yours, signaling that he was going to pay.

His eyes never even left the young boy behind the counter as he stopped you from pulling out your money. He swiftly swiped his card and led you out of the store. "Jo, you didn't have to pay for mine" you said as you walked out.

His hand found yours, "I know, but I did anyways" he sent you a sly smile. You just shook your head.

"Thank you baby." You whispered to him before placing a gentle kiss on his lips. Both yours and his cold from the slush.
_______________________________________
A/n: i'm not really into horror movies but hey, anything for Jo right? Hope you enjoyed! :)

{11:32 pm}
07/29/19
i promise you they get better