kissing strangers ~ daniel

You parked your car in Daniel's drive way, huffing as you pulled the keys from the ignition. You stared into the living room window, dreading going inside the house.

Resting your head on the steering wheel you took another breath. "Just go in, and get your stuff, then leave. Just leave." You told yourself, exhaling once more at an attempt to calm your nerves. You stepped out of your car and made your way to the front door.

Inside his house, Daniel heard you pull up. He bit his lip and looked over at the two boxes of your things stacked neatly in the corner of the room. He rung his hands together to try and suppress his feelings. He still loved you, but he couldn't let you know that.

Daniel waited for you to knock at his door. He kept his eyes on the floor, swimming in his thoughts. You brought your knuckles to the wood separating you from him. You already knew this was going to be painful for both of you.

Inside, Daniel got up from the couch and opened the door, for a second he was happy to see you, he missed you so much. He missed holding you, and kissing you, and telling you that he loved you. He really missed hearing you say it back.

The moment was over quickly though. He remembered you came only to get the last of your things you had left in his house, the last of you that he had.

"Hey." You said, giving him a sad smile.

"Hey." He repeated you, his tone tired. "Come on in, your stuff is over there." He said, gesturing with his thumb to your things. You nodded, shuffling past him and grabbing the first box. He watched you leave his home again, go to your car and place the box in the trunk of your car.

"I miss you." His voice was hoarse. You stopped in the entry way, your eyes falling. "I know I shouldn't say that, that I really shouldn't say anything. But fuck y/n, I miss you." You went to say something, but Daniel continued. "Nothing I do makes me
miss you any less. Everything reminds me of you baby, every fucking thing." He didn't mean to call you baby, it just slipped out, he was so used to saying that to you.

"Daniel, I-"

"Do you know how many girls I've gone out with since we broke up?" You shook your head, sucking in a sharp breath. "Seven. I've gone out with seven people I barely even know, let alone like. I'm trying to get you out of my head. I'm trying so damn hard y/n, but it's you. And it's always gonna be you." You swallowed. The air felt thick, your eyes stung and your lungs tightened.

"I'm sorry." You said weakly. "Maybe you should wait, find someone you actually do like and go out with her Daniel. You'll find your perfect girl. I promise." You told him, your voice finding strength once again.

"But I'm not! You know why? Because they're not you!" Daniel's voice rose as he spoke.

"Daniel, you need to stop acting like I'm the only good thing in your life." Your tone was firm, angry even, but your face held a tinge of sadness.

You leaned down to pick up the last box. "I can't keep kissing strangers and pretending they're you!" He finally yelled.

You stood up and brushed your hands on your jeans, annoyed now. "Well you're gonna have to."

He came close to you, the only thing stopping him from being any closer was the box on the floor at your feet. "Y/n, we're both miserable without each other."

"Are we Daniel? Or is that just you?" Daniel ran his fingers through his hair, pulling at the ends slightly.

"You don't understand y/n-"

"No, you don't understand Daniel. I loved you. I did. And we were happy. But now, but now it's all gone ok. I'm moving on, and you're going to have move on too." You held eye contact, your firm voice cutting into him. You wore him down.

"I don't want to move on." His voice was breaking and barley audible. "I still love you y/n" He said, moving the box aside and taking a step forward, tears welling in his beautiful blue eyes. "You can't tell me you're just going to leave L.A., that you're going to start a new life without me." He was crying now. "I love you." he whispered again, his words shaking.

You looked at him, bringing your lips into your mouth, your own eyes glassy. "Well I'm going to, I'm gonna leave and I'm going restart, ok." "I'm sorry Daniel, but I don't love you. Not anymore." You said, picking up the last box and walking out the door, shutting it gently behind you.
__________________________________________
A/n: i'm back did you miss me?