not really friends ~ jonah

she's kinda ~spicy~ but not really lol
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You've been close with Corbyn Besson for most of your life. He was the annoying and protective older brother you'd always needed, and you loved hanging out with him and his friends. For the most part.

Jonah Marais was someone you couldn't really make your mind up about. Sure, he was devastatingly handsome, with a voice too good to be true, but he seemed too quiet. Too mysterious for your liking. Whenever you would hang out with the five boys, whether it be just the six of you or a whole group of friends, Jonah seemed to keep his distance from you. Perhaps it was because of the underlying sexual tension that he had to have noticed between you. Yeah, maybe that was it.

It came in the form of small glances here and there, him brushing his hand over the small of your back when passing you at a crowded party, and when he'd be talking to one of the guys about picking up girls, but was only looking at you.

He knew what you thought about him, and you knew he thought the same about you.

"Hey y/n." Jordan greeted you from the kitchen.

You looked up from your phone and smiled at him. "Hey Jordan."

"Are you waiting for Corbyn and Jo?"

You got up from the couch and went to the counter. "Yeah, I was waiting for Corb, we were going to meet the guys a bit later. Do you wanna come? Eben will be there too."

Jordan shook his head, "nah, I got a date in about an hour. And Corbyn's just in the shower, he should be out soon."

"Okay, thanks. And have fun."

He gave a wave as he left the house, and you heard his car pull out of the driveway.

You went back to the couch and turned your phone back on. A couple minutes went by when you heard footsteps coming towards the living room, assuming it was Corbyn. "Hey Corb, you ready to go?"

"Not Corbyn." A voice teased behind you.

You whipped around to find Jonah leaning against the wall, Wes sitting by his feet. "Oh, um sorry Jonah, I'm just waiting for Corbyn."

"Yeah, he just got into the shower, so he might take a while to get ready."

You fell back against the cushions, "I swear he takes longer to get ready than most girls I know."

Jonah laughed at that, pushing himself off the wall. "You have no idea." He sat down next to you, and you almost didn't know what to do.

"Did Corbyn tell you what we're doing today? I heard from all the other boys but, um, not you."

Jonah shifted beside you and he was close enough for you to smell his cologne. You tried not to notice how enticing it was, but you were failing.

"Oh, I wasn't really planning on going." He seemed almost nervous in his response, which was a state you had never seen him in.

"Oh, why not?" This was the most you had ever spoken to him at once, and even though it was minimal you couldn't get enough.

Jonah cleared his throat, fingers spinning his ring around on his other hand. "Well, I dunno, it's just there's always a lot of, um-" He cleared his throat again, and you were enjoying how flustered he was far too much. "-um, tension between us."

"Ya think." You laughed, which had him relaxing slightly.

"You never talk to me." He stated bluntly.

"I'm talking to you now." For whatever reason you were feeling bold, and you leaned in closer to him.

"So, you notice the tension too then?" His usual charming manner was back in an instant.

You only nodded.

"And you wouldn't mind if I kissed you?"

This time you shook your head.

He closed a little more space between your faces, giving you plenty of time to pull away from him, but you didn't.

At first the kiss was gentle, just testing the waters. Soon enough though, one of his hands was behind your head while his other arm wrapped firmly around your waist. Your hands were over his broad shoulders and chest, feeling the firm muscle beneath his shirt.

After about a minute, he heaved you into his lap, your thighs straddling him as the kiss deepend. His lips trailed down your jaw, your head tilting to the side to give him more access. A sigh left your swollen lips when he bit down on your skin lightly, resulting in you tugging gently on his hair. Your actions elicited a groan from him, the sound sending a shiver up your spine.

His hands slid under your shirt, his rings cold pressed against your skin. You shifted yourself off of him so you were laying on your back, pulling him on top of you.

"Why haven't we been doing this the whole time?" He asked through pants and kisses on your collar bones.

It was hard for you to focus on his words when all your attention was on his hands and lips, but you got out a strangled "wish I knew."

Your fingers fiddled with the hem of his shirt, itching to take it off. "Wait, wait." Jonah lifted himself up, now straddling your hips. "We can't have sex on my couch right now, not with Corbyn in the next room and not until I take you out on a proper date." He was breathless.

"A proper date?"

__

After three proper dates, you were his girlfriend. Secret girlfriend. You had both decided to keep your relationship a secret from both the public and everyone else in your life. You wanted to figure out everything first, know that this relationship would go somewhere and not tear apart your friend group if anything were to happen. The thing is, your secret was only supposed to last about a week or two, but here you are nearly two months later.

Everyone else had noticed how you and Jonah always had a strange sort of relationship. You never really spoke during group hangouts or parties, but a few stolen glances were noticed every so often.

"Hey y/n!" Corbyn came up to you excitedly, some of his drink spilling from his cup. "Jonah's here, didn't think he'd be coming." He was trying to be subtle, but wasn't succeeding.

"Oh, that's awesome Corb, glad he could make it." you smiled to your friend, a certain someone catching your eye.

"What's up with you and him? Ever since you two met you've been acting weird, and you don't really talk to him. Do you not like him or something?" Corbyn was genuinely curious, he wanted you to get along with all the important people in his life, because you were important.

"Oh, no I like him just fine. It's just...we're not really friends."

A snicker was heard from behind you, and you knew exactly who it was.

__________________________________________
{10/18/20, 4:02pm} this was super fun to write! gonna miss writing for mr jonah