dance with u ~ jack

inspired by dance with u by staring in spaces (also idk if this imagine is good or bad but i hope you enjoy lolol)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The gathering was small, just a few friends under the soft yellow lights of Daniel's kitchen, laughing and dancing in the open area.

Your relationship with Jack was still new and at first, you were nervous about meeting his inner circle. Of course, you had met -and loved- his band mates, but the idea of meeting the other people that he deemed family was stirring around your anxiety. It wasn't too hard for him to convince you though.

"Babe, it'll be great I promise."

"J, your friends intimidate me" You whined back, throwing your legs over his lap.

He laughed at you, his hand rubbing gently over your shin. "Just a few hours, I really think you'll like them. And I know they'll like you. Please?"

You rolled your head over the back of the coach, now facing him. "You're the worst." Your grin was unmistakable.

"I know." He leaned over you, a kiss landing quickly on your lips.

Because of the freshness of your new found spark, both of you were still learning about each other, and he was learning that you loved to dance.

Mostly everyone was scattered around the kitchen island and coffee table, you were in the middle of the kitchen with Franny and Daniel, the three of you dancing together and throwing your heads back in laughter.

Jack was watching you from his place on the couch, the game of monopoly that the others pulled out forgotten to him. His whiteclaw was nearing empty, which gave him the perfect excuse to head to the kitchen where you were.

You watched him stand up and throw his empty can into the recycling bin before grabbing another from the fridge. He left it unopened as he placed it on the counter top, leaning onto his forearms so he could watch you.

A wink flew his way as you spun around due to Franny grabbing your hand.

Jack watched you with a tipsy smile on his face for a few more minutes, enjoying the sway of your hips and the delight tracing your lips.

"Y/n, baby, c'mere." His voice was distant, and you knew that one more drink would have him a little too far past tipsy.

"Hey J, missed you." His fingers were soft on your waist as he approached you, a quick kiss landing on the side of your lips. "Aren't you playing monopoly?"
You nodded towards the living room where the others were shouting over Crawford stealing Tyler's money.

"Was, but I needed another drink you looked so pretty from where I was sitting, I wanted to come see you."

"You're such a flirt." You teased, turning your head to face him.

He shrugged, his famous giggle tumbling past his lips. "What can I say?" His hand came up to tuck a strand of hair that had fallen from the clip holding it up, "I wanna dance with you."

"Okay, pretty boy, dance with me."

One of his hands left your waist to grab one of yours, your fingers tangling together as he pulled you closer to his chest where you rested your cheek.

Jack could feel you humming against him, the vibrations reverberating through him and warming him from the inside out. "You like this song?" He asked against your hair.

"Mhmm." was all you said in return, snuggling in closer to you.

The hand that was wrapped around the curve of your waist traveled up to your chin, lifting your gaze to his. A short glance in his honey brown eyes pulled you into him, a deep, heavy kiss finding its way to your lips.

The two of you stayed like that for a while, swaying together in the kitchen like you were the only two in the world.

we don't have to have a plan
let's run away
until we fall out of love

i think i really wanna dance with you

_____________________________________
a/n: {14/11/20, 10:17pm} alright, there she is, the last imagine in this lil book i impulsively started over a year ago. i'm really gonna miss you guys. this book has been such an amazing experience for me. i have grown so much in my writing and that's all thanks to my lovely readers. i love you all so much and am so thankful that you all gave me the opportunity to do something i love for the boys i love. i'm going to continue writing casually on my tumblr (@/angelzacharyy) and i'd love to see you guys over there! thank you again so much for everything you have done for me, which is more than you know. i love you, and those 8 letters aren't too hard for me to say. (i'm not even sorry i will make this pun every chance i get)