november 25th ~ corbyn

call me zach cause im always late ;) also, ignore my a/n at the end lol
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You woke up Monday morning next to your now twenty-one-year-old boyfriend, his blonde hair disheveled across the white pillow case and his arm resting over your bare waist. Reaching over to the bedside table, you grabbed your phone and clicked on Corbyn's contact, typing out a birthday message for him despite him being right next to you.

"i love you so much. more than i should really. i cant believe you're twenty one now. you get to legally do shit now. i've been so blessed to be able to spend the last two birthdays with you, and i'm so excited to be here to celebrate the rest."

You heard Corbyn's phone vibrate next to him, his figure shifting due to the disturbance. His fingers brushed against your stomach and his breath fanned over your neck. Every part of you was beaming, being able to spend his birthday with him in Australia felt like more of a gift to you rather than him.

Your eyes closed, the warmth of the sun's rays pushing through the sheer curtains and landing on your face. The duvet felt heavy on top of you and Corbyn's hold on you was comfortable. Neither of you had really come up with any plans for the day, Corbyn didn't have any shows or interviews to go to, so the two of you were going to spend every hour together not doing anything in particular.

The bed dipped a little bit on Corbyn's side, his body weight shifting as he turned over onto his back. He glanced over to you after opening his eyes, a sleepy smile residing on his face.

"Happy birthday babe." You smiled.

"Thank you love."

You rolled over to your side, placing a hand on his chest. "You're old now" You giggled.

"Oh shush." Corbyn mumbled, kissing your temple before pushing the covers off of him and getting out of the bed.

"So superstar, you don't have anything important to do today, is there anything you want to do for your birthday?" You asked as you sat up, pulling your hair into a messy bun.

"I don't know...wanna start with breakfast?" He suggested, pulling a t shirt over his head.

"Ooh, that sounds good. Is there anywhere you want to go?" You asked once you had gotten out of bed, rifling through your suitcase for something to wear.

"Um, the Manchester Press cafe place looked pretty cool."

"Alright, we'll go there then. Is there anywhere else you wanna go while I'm here?" You wondered, setting a pair of jeans to the side as you searched for a shirt.

Corbyn was in Australia for the last bit of the 8 Letters tour, and since he had yesterday, today and tomorrow off you thought to go with him.

"Oh yeah, we should go on a boat ride! That would be cute." He said enthusiastiy, you could tell he was excited.

You laughed slightly at his excitement, walking over to kiss his cheek. "Sounds good, whatever you want to do baby."

____________________

The bistro table you and Corbyn sat at outside of the small cafe was immersed in sunlight. The warm rays on your France and the smile your boyfriend wore made everything melt away.

"y/n, you want some of my mocha?" Corbyn asked, his voice dragging you away from your thoughts.

"Oh sure." You reached across the table and grabbed his mug, taking a sip. "What time are we meeting the boys for dinner?" You asked as you placed the mug back on the table.

"What?" You wondered, reflecting the smile Corbyn was giving you.

"You have whipped cream on your lip babe." He chuckled, leaning over and kissing you.

"Thank you." You laughed gently.

"I think Jon said we'd do seven for dinner." Corbyn told you, taking a bite of your french toast.

"Hey, thats mine!" You scolded him.

"C'mon it's my birthday." He argued playfully.

You gave him a dirty look, a smile still firmly placed on your lips. "Fine, but you can only use that one more time today."

"Oh, what time did you want to go on that boat ride?" You asked as you took a sip of your iced coffee.

Corbyn swallowed what he had in his mouth, "we could go when we're done here if you want to."

You nodded, "okay, sounds good."

____________________

You and Corbyn had meant to make your way to the dock when you were finished brunch, but ended up walking around the city or three hours. It was now five o'clock and the sun was hiding behind many clouds. Each of you had a few bags hanging from your arms, although that didn't stop you from holding hands.

"What time is it?" You asked as the two of you walked down the street.

Corbyn shuffled around in one of his bags for his phone before pulling out it and turning it on. "Oh shit, it's five."

"Wanna run back to the hotel, drop off our stuff and head to the docks?" You suggested.

"How did we end up shopping for three hours?" Corbyn giggled.

You glanced over to him, a giddy smile lighting up your face. "I'm not sure, you were the one that was so adamant on this boat ride. But you were also the one that said 'Hey! Babygirl! Let's go into this one mall real quick, I wanna see if there's anything I can give Ash as a late birthday present!' and then three hours later, we're still here."

Corbyn turned and looked you, biting his lip. "Who asked you?"

"You did pretty boy." You leaned up and kissed his jaw, squeezing his hand.

____________________

"It smells nice out here." You muttered to no one in particular against the wind, your chin resting on your hands. Corbyn rubbed your back from his place beside you, kissing your hair.

"The sunset is really cool." He mumbled against your hair.

"You should take a picture for your instagram." You told him as you sat up.

Corbyn took out his phone, setting the exposure on his camera just right and angling it to his satisfaction. "Do you like my caption?" He asked when he was done taking the photo. You leaned over his shoulder to see his phone.

'sunsets with my girl on my birthday :)'

A smile crept back onto your face, creasing at the corners of your eyes. "Very cute Corb." You told him, your face getting closer to his.

"Thank you." He closed the gap between the two of you, kissing you chastely.

"Happy November 25th baby." You smiled when he pulled away. "I love you."

"Love you too." Corbyn smiled back.

________________________________________
a/n: {11/29/19, 8:55 pm}
hey guys, so today way the last show of the 8 letters tour . i don't really know what to say. i didn't get to see the show live but that isn't what matters. what matters is that the show happened. what matters is that they changed so many lives, they changed my life. these were the songs that i fell in love with, the most recent ones when i had become a fan. they have grown so much in the year i've been a part of this. i'm so fucking proud of them and i am so beyond excited to see what the next era has in store for them and for us. so here's to 2020, here's to new music, new memories, new laughs, new interviews, new experiences and new fans. here's to our boys; i love you.

i guess those 8 letters weren't so hard to say, after all ;)

xx mads