distraction ~ corbyn

this is the first of a lil series i impulsively decided to write ! it's just going to be a bunch of university au type things, hope you like <3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Alright everyone, open up your textbooks to page 109 and read to 115, highlighting things that stand out and that you think are important. This is what your paper is to be based on." At the sound of your professor's instructions, everyone took their textbooks and pens from their bags, getting ready to read.

You took your book out, opening to the correct page and grabbing your phone and earbuds. From across the room you heard the door shut harshly, your boyfriend jogging over to wear you sat, plopping down next to you. "You're late pretty boy." You grinned, your things now forgotten in your lap.

Corbyn huffed, his bag hitting the floor between his feet. "I know, I hit snooze like four times before I realized it is in fact Monday and I have an eight am class with my beautiful girlfriend and the legendary professor Greyson." He pulled a travel mug from his backpack, taking a sip of his coffee before continuing. "So I then proceeded to bust my ass to get here only to miss the campus bus so I had to run. Run."

You laughed lightly at him, leaning over to kiss his nose. He scrunched his face at the contact, making you laugh more. Once you sat back you took in his appearance as he sipped more on his coffee. His hair was disheveled, strands of the faux blond going in every which way, his torso covered with a loose t shirt. You were pretty sure he hadn't even changed his sweatpants.

Glancing back down to your yellow highlighter and still tangled earbuds, you picked them up, trying to untie the knots formed in the cords from being shoved in your pocket. Corbyn fiddled with the chain around his neck absentmindedly as you went back to reading and highlighting. He stared around the room aimlessly for two minutes before you felt a tap on your shoulder, interrupting your focus.

"Hi, I love you, what are we doing?" You shook your head at him, reaching into his bag and retrieving his textbook, flipping to the page he was to read and placing it in his lap.

"Read to page 115 and highlight what you think is important. We have to use this info in our paper that's due next week." You explained. "Oh, and I love you too." With a quick peck on the lips you turned back to your work, earbuds in.

Corbyn settled his eyes on the words in front of him, reaching for something he didn't have when he saw an important sentence; a highlighter. He turned to you, your lips forming around the lyrics of the song playing in your head. He hesitantly tapped you again, only your eyes lifting this time. "Hey baby, I need a highlighter."

You tilted your head, giving him your best playful scowl as you pulled out your pencil case, unzipping it and grabbing him a pink highlighter. "Thank you." He nodded, his eyes still on you as you returned your focus to your book.

Corbyn looked down to his lap again, his eyes scanning over the words for a few seconds. His focus was spotty, he couldn't stay concentrated on the task at hand for very long before looking to you again. Your hair was thrown up, secured with a scrunchie, although many strands fell loose. He dipped his head, examining your lips and the deep rosy colour they were. His eyes followed the slope of your nose to the shape of your eyes. Leaning forward, he poked your cheek.

You dropped your pen, startled. You glanced over to him, your eyes questioning. "What?"

He dropped a kiss to your forehead before saying; "nothing, you're just cute."

"You stopped me from working to tell me I'm cute?" You giggled. He didn't move for a second, debating his answer. Finally he nodded.

"Yeah."

"You're so distracting." You looked back down to your book, reading a sentence then looking back up to him. "But you're also cute." The smile that spread across his lips was worth your broken focus.

__________________________________________
a/n: {09/24/19, 4:29pm} when i was writing this docs decided to be fake and delete eVERYTHING on the document. everything. i had every single corbyn imagine on there, including some unfinished ones. how rude right? good thing i remembered most of this one