notes ~ daniel

enjoy some brunette dani, final part of university au
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When you closed the door to your dorm room you pulled your phone from your hoodie pocket and clicked on Daniel's contact, waiting through the first three rings for him to pick up.

"Hey baby." He said when he answered.

"Hey, have you landed?" You asked, pressing the down button in the elevator.

"No not yet, I'm gonna miss the first class." He sighed and you heard Tyler say something beside him. "Tyler says hi."

"Hi Bam Bam." You smiled before continuing. "I thought you guys were supposed to land an hour ago?"

"We were but our layover got canceled. We got on the plane like forty five minutes ago."

The elevator doors opened and you stepped out, walking towards the exit. "Did you email professor D?" You asked once you were outside, thankful for Daniel's red hoodie that was currently wrapped around your body.

"Yeah, but he hasn't responded yet. Could I just grab the notes I miss off of you?" Daniel asked hopefully.

"Of course, I'll make sure I take extra good ones today." You smiled.

Daniel's smile was noticeable in his response; "Thanks baby."

"'Course. So anyways, how was your trip?" You asked as you boarded the campus bus.

You and Daniel went to UCLA, even though neither of you grew up in Los Angeles. You met because of a class you shared in your first year, and you were forever grateful for it.

He had been down in Portland for the past week, visiting his family and getting away from school.

"The trip was so good. I feel so much better than I did when I first got here." He sighed contently, sinking into his seat.

"Awe, that's so awesome," you were sure he could hear the happiness you had for him in your voice. "You were really stressed before you left, glad you feel better."

"Yeah." He dragged out. "But I know that once I'm back I'll have a few things to catch up on, hopefully I can stay on top of it this time."

"Don't worry love, I'll make sure you don't work too hard." You smiled to yourself, knowing he was smiling too. "Oh I gotta go, I'm right outside the hall."

Daniel licked his bottom lip, "okay, love you! And thanks again for letting me copy your notes."

A laugh tumbled past your lips, "anytime baby. Love you too."

"Bye." Daniel said softly before hanging up.

You got off the bus, smiling at the bus driver when you did. Walking into the lecture hall, you took your normal seat, preparing for the class and getting your notebook and pens out. You decided to use a blue pen today, knowing it was Daniel's favourite colour.

____________________

"Daniel!" You shouted when he came into your apartment. You jumped off the couch where you had been sitting and ran over to give him a hug. Daniel picked you up,one arm secured around your waist as he spun around. "How was the flight? Did Tyler terrorize you the whole time?" He gently placed you back down on the floor, kissing you before answering.  

"Mostly yeah, but it's okay because I finally get to see you." He winked.

You rolled your eyes at him, the smile on your lips failing to fall. You leaned up and kissed him again before pulling away and walking over to your backpack. "Alright, are you ready to get caught up on some knowledge?"

Daniel's hands were on your waist again, he pulled you back into him and rested his chin on the top of your head. "Ugh, no." He argued playfully.

"Aw, c'mon." You mumbled against him. "We'll go to Philz, have some coffee, take some notes, do cute couple things. It'll be fun." Pulling away from his chest you looked up at him, giving him your best pouty look.

"Noooo, don't look at me like that." He groaned, throwing his head back.

"Please?"

He looked down to you and grinned, kissing your forehead. "Fine, you win."

"Ooh, yay." You said, leaning his arms and grabbing your bag and laptop, "let's go. Oh! I call aux."

"Damn it, y/n." Daniel cursed behind you as he closed the door, a smile on his face.

________________________________________
a/n: {11/16/19, 11:05am} i'm listing to christmas music as i write this :)

hEY GOOD LOOKIN HOW YOU DOIN
HEY GOOD LOOKIN WHATCHA DOIN
TO ME TO ME TO MEEE