on campus ~ jonah

pt two of university au!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When you had gotten back from your last class you had expected to stay in your dorm and watch friends while you worked on some study material. What your weren't expecting was your boyfriend calling you and convincing you to meet him in the front courtyard so the two of you could study together. But there you were, body engulfed in a big crew neck, hands wrapped around a steamy mug of your chai latte and bag filled with your books and pens.

You spotted him settled underneath a tree on the lawn, his things spread across a big blanket. Leaves scattered the ground around him

"Jonah, why are we studying outside?" You whined as you plopped down next to him. He looked up when he saw your blanket hit the ground beside him, his eyes smiling when he pulled an earbud out.

"What did you say baby?" He asked, not hearing you the first time.

"I said, why are we studying outside? It's like thirty degrees out here and I'm cold." Jonah schooched closer to you as you rummaged through your bag for your notes.

"Well then we'll just have to cuddle." He said as he wrapped his arms around your torso from behind and pulled you into his chest.

You let out a laugh as you pulled you away from your backpack and into him. "Jo, I still need my stuff." He heaved out a sigh, feigning annoyance and slid his hands away from you so you could lean forward again.

Once you had grabbed all your materials you sat back into Jonah, your notebook in your lap and pencil case to the side.

You sat between his legs as he leaned back against a tree behind him. The two of you tested each other on different subjects, ensuring you had a steady grasp of what you were learning in classes. Every so often you would get distracted, either from the song playing on Jonah's speaker or him placing soft kisses to your neck, or even just remembering something that happened during a lecture.

After about fifteen minutes of Jonah not saying anything, you found yourself stopping your pen and turning around to see your boyfriend fast asleep. His arms were still hugging your waist and the collar of his hoodie was pulled up to his nose.

"Jo." You whispered gently, trying not to wake him too suddenly. He didn't respond. An idea quickly came to your mind, along with a devious smile. You repositioned yourself in his arms, placing your hand on his chest and leaning forward. Your lips hit his gently, molding together. He didn't respond at first, so you deepened the kiss. You felt him start to kiss back, one of his hands trail up your back to the back of your neck. You smiled against him, knowing your plan had worked.

Finally you broke away. "What was that for?" Jonah aksed.

"You fell asleep and I wanted to wake you up nicely."  You said sweetly.

He smiled and rubbed his eyes with his fists, a yawn emitting from him. "Should we go back to my dorm? It's warm and comfy and we can watch the office." You tried to convince him, running you hand over his arm.

"That sounds good, it is actually freezing out here." He chuckled, knowing he was about to get an 'I told you so' from you.

"I tried to tell you." You laughed, knowing he was expecting it.

You watched him stand up and shove all his books back into his bag, you followed along, placing everything where it belonged before standing up as well and helping him fold the blanket.

"Do you wanna get coffee?" Jonah asked as the to of you began walking towards your dorm wing.

You glanced over to him, finding his hand and entangling your fingers with his. "No Jonah, I want to sleep."

"Okay, I'll just get one for me then." He said before leaning over and kissing your cheek.
_______________________________________
a/n: {10/24/19, 9:47pm} i just finished writing this and i'm only staying up till ten so i can listen to the new song but i'm lowkey about to pass out

also, before i started this a/n the imagine was at 666 words so there's that