sunflowers ~ jack

Water pattered against your skin as you stood under the shower head, washing off the stressful day you had. You ran your hands through wet hair, massaging the shampoo into your scalp. Jack noticed how tense you had been from the moment he walked in the door. He had come up to you and pecked your lips, rubbing his hands up and down your arms. "You look tired baby." He said against your hair. "Am." You breathed out. "Why don't you go take a shower, I'll make supper." He told you, smiling gently. "Mmk." You said tiredly. Jack now stood in the kitchen, chopping up vegetables for the taco salad. He went to the fridge to grab the lettuce, stepping back when he realized there wasn't any. Jack made his way to the bathroom. "Hey babe?" You just barely heard his voice over the sound of the water. "Yes?" You yelled back. "I'm gonna run to the store to get some things for supper." "Okay, love you." You told him. "Love you too!" He said before walking back to the kitchen to grab his phone. As he walked down the hall, Jack noticed the pictures of the sunflower field you had taken and hung on the wall. He had an idea, his face lighting up with a smile. Jack stepped out of the house and pulled his phone from his pocket. It was 6:15 pm and you had already been in the shower for five minutes, which meat Jack had about twenty until you got out. He opened instagram; "Hey guys, y/n's had a pretty rough day and I'm heading to the store to get some things for dinner, anyways, I had the best idea ever! I'm gonna get her some flowers! But i have to do it quickly, before she gets out of the shower and sees this." Jack hopped into the car and drove to Walmart. Once he got there, he quickly retrieved the lettuce an a few other ingredients for the taco salad before journeying to the florals section. Bringing out his phone again, Jack spoke; "okay, I'm at Walmart right now looking for y/n's favourite flowers; sunflowers." His eyes traveled around for a few moments. "Awe shoot, they don't have any." He said disappointed. "I'll have to hit up Trader Joe's." Jack stopped the recording and went to the register. Once he had payed and parked the car in the Trader Joe's parking lot, he started recording again. Walking into the store, he headed straight for the flower section. "Okay, sunflowers, sunflowers, ah, sunflowers!" He exclaimed. "Hopefully y/n's still in the shower and hasn't seen any of these videos yet, don't wanna ruin the surprise." He paid for the flowers and drove back to your shared home. When he opened the door he poked his head inside before fully entering. When he decided the coast was clear he stepped inside, setting what he bought on the table. Jack heard your voice coming from the bedroom, singing softly to a song that was stuck in your head. Jack came into the room, finding you in nothing but his sweatshirt and a pair of Calvin Klein's as you ran your hair through the white towel. "Hey baby." He breathed. "Hey." You said, clearly feeling better than before. "Did you get everything you needed?" You asked. "Yup...you didn't check your instagram did you?" You stopped moving your hands around your hair. "No. Should I?" Jack smiled innocently, "no." He came over and kissed your cheek, "supper will be done in a few minutes." You smiled at him, knowing he had done something. "Okay." Once he left you pulled on some pajama pants and ran a comb through your hair. Shuffling down the hall, you could smell the seasoning and cooked meat. You noticed the yellow flowers wrapped in brown paper resting on the table. Jack heard your footsteps stop and turned around. "Surprise." He said with a smile, giving you slight jazz hands. You looked him in the eyes and picked up the flowers. "Thank you." You said quietly. Jack came up to you and wrapped you in his arms. "Your welcome love." You set the flowers back down on the table. "What are these for?" You asked as you brought your arms around his neck. "What, I can't get my beautiful girlfriend her favourite flowers when she's had a crappy day?" You blushed and looked down. "Of course you can, but you made dinner too and-" Jack shut you up with a kiss, which you immediately melted into. "And what? You work hard too baby, thought I'd do something nice for you." He said after he pulled away. You fingers gently tugged on a few of his curls. "I love you." You said simply. "I love you too." He said before dipping his head down to kiss you again.
____________________________________
A/n: i thought of this awhile ago and i think it came out well. thank you for reading and somehow suddenly 530+ reads!?