jealousy pt 2 ~ daniel

read the first part if you haven't already!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You had stormed out of Daniel's apartment, getting into your vehicle and driving to the only place you could go to blow off steam; Jonah's.

He came to the door, mumbling "coming!" a few times in response to your fist pounding against the wood. "Whoa, y/n." Was his greeting when he opened the door, quickly noticing your anger between your balled up fists and heavy breathing.

You brushed passed him, heading into the kitchen for a glass of water.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong or just angrily drink my water?"

After placing your glass down you looked over at him, "Boys suck." Was all you said as you hoisted yourself up onto the counter top.

"I could have told you that y/n/n." He chuckled dryly, walking over to you from the door and filling your glass again. "But what happened?"

You let out a heavy breath before you started. "Daniel's been acting weird for the past three days and I finally figured out why." Jonah had his eyes on you, listening intently. "He's jealous. Of you."

He was clearly shocked, setting your glass down with a clink against the marble top. "Me?" He pointed a finger at his chest.

You jumped down and began pacing around the kitchen island. "Yeah, you. And he went on and on about how he thinks we're having an affair, that because we're so close we just have to be having sex."

Jonah couldn't tell if you were more angry or upset. "I just don't understand why he doesn't trust me anymore, why he doesn't trust you." You bit your lip to keep your emotions in check. "I love him so much, why can't he see that?" Your voice rose, cracking near the end of your sentence. Jonah could see the desperation in your eyes, truly wondering where you had gone wrong.

"I'm sure it isn't your fault y/n. I promise you that he knows you love him and he loves you too. Maybe he's just going through something." He offered. "We've all been pretty stressed out lately." Jonah tried to justify Daniel's actions.

"Well he could have told me if he was, I would have helped." Anger and sadness began bubbling up inside you again, mixing together and causing your fists to ball and your chest to. clench. "He didn't have to go and accuse me of cheating on him." By now Jonah noticed how on edge you were, walking over to you and giving you a hug, his hand flattening your hair.

"Do you wanna stay over?" He asked.

You pulled away from him, sniffling and wiping a few tears from your face. "No, no I think I'll go home." You swallowed. "Thanks Jo, and I'm sorry about what Daniel said."

He shook his head, "It's okay, you know I'm always here for you right?"

You smiled a sad smile, "I know."

______

When you got home you debated calling Daniel, but decided you were still too furious with him. You shuffled down the hall to your bedroom, falling onto your bed once you got there. The smell of Daniels cologne on one of your pillows stirred around your feelings of anger and sadness even more. You picked up the plush material and threw it across the room, the pillow hitting your dresser and knocking a picture of you and him to the floor.

______

"Jonah, open up!" Daniels voice desperately cried from behind the barrier. Jonah came to the door, not expecting to see him so flustered. "Is she here?"