snuck out ~ jonah

You sat at your desk, your lamp illuminating the paper you were working on. You continued to drag your pencil across the paper, writing down the rest of your homework when a ding emitted from your phone, temporarily stalling your music.

You lifted your head, pushing some hair that had fallen from your ponytail behind your ear. A small smile lifted your lips when you saw who had texted you.

jo <3: open your window
10:37 pm

                                                                              what?
10:37pm

jo <3: open your window i have a surprise 10:38 pm

                                                                        mmmmk
10:38pm

You rolled your desk chair to the centre of your bedroom and stood up, tugging at the ties of your sweatpants as you made your way to the big window beside your bed.

You kneeled on your bed and leaned over, unlocking the window and pushing it open, cool fall air instantly spilling into the room.

Jonah came tumbling onto your bed out of the tree that stood directly out of your window, a few leaves sticking to his sweater and landing in your blankets.

"What the fu-Jonah!"

He sat up, careful not to touch his shoes to your bed. "Hey." His breath was short, you knew it was because he had just climbed the big oak outside.

"What are you doing here?" You asked, still confused as to why your boyfriend had just fallen into your house.

"I came to pick you up, we're going somewhere." He had stood up by now, walking over to your closet.

You spun around to watch him shuffle through your clothes, a questioning smile tugging on your lips and an eyebrow raised. "Where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise, like I said before." He told you, still rummaging through your things.

"Here, you should wear this, it's kinda cold." He retrieved a red hoodie and pair of black leggings. You only stared at him across the room, your arms folded over your chest. "C'mon baby, we don't have a lot of time." He urged.

You shook your head at him, grabbing your clothes and walking out of your bedroom to the bathroom across the hall.

When you came back your hair was brushed out and laying on your shoulders, the big hoodie enveloping you in the warm fabric.

Jonah was sitting on your bed on his phone, he looked up when he heard your dresser drawer open as you looked for some warm socks. He stood up to stand next to you. "You look pretty with your hair  down." He said, wrapping you in his arms and dropping a kiss to your cheek.

You smiled, grabbing your socks and turning around in his hold. "Thanks baby." You mumbled before kissing his lips.

You pulled back and moved to your desk chair again to put your socks on. "My parents are going to kill me."

Jonah only shrugged.

You gave him a disapproving look through your eyelashes.

"Okay let's go." He said, dragging out the 'o'.

You stood up, Jonah reached out and grabbed your hand. You went back to your closet and grabbed a pair of slides, slipping your feet into them.

Jonah pulled you over to the window, climbing out first so he could help you out.