carmex ~ zach

If you think i applied a nice layer of carmex before i started typing, you'd be right

You and Zach lay cuddled up in the small space of his bunk. You were pressed against his side, hair tickling his chin. His arm was firmly wrapped around your waist. He took a deep breath, nuzzling his nose into your hair. "You smell so good oh my gosh." He said as he exhaled. A light giggle bubbled out of you. "Thank you baby." You turned around in his hold so you were facing him. You brought your leg over his hip and snuggled into his chest. "I missed you so much Zachary." You told him, voice muffled by his shirt. "Mmm, I missed you too baby girl." He hummed. You shifted slightly. Zach lifted his head, "what is it?" Your hand dug into the pocket of your sweatpants, pulling out the yellow tube. "Oh nothing, I was just laying on my carmex and it was uncomfortable." You said, placing the lip balm on the bed. "Okay." Zach said, his head returning to its place on his pillow. You rested your head on his chest. His hand gently grazed up and down your side as your breathing slowed. "Night babyface." You whispered. Zach let out a muffled laugh. "Night babe, I love you." You pulled yourself closer to him, if that was even possible. "Love you too, sweet dreams." His fingers tangled themselves in the loose strands of hair that were falling over your face. "My sweet dream is already here." He said in a hushed tone, kissing your forehead. You leaned upwards, his lips centimetres from yours. "You're too cute Zachary." You said, lips barely touching his. "I know, but you're cuter." He mumbled before kissing you. His palm brushed your cheek gently as his tongue slipped into your mouth. Fighting for dominance, the two of you giggled and pulled apart. His eyes heavy with sleep, Zach kissed your nose. "Night princess." "Night hun." You muttered before drifting off.
The next morning was a whirlwind of "where are my pants?!" And "Zach get out of the bathroom! I need to pee and that's more important than your hair!" Until finally you and the boys stepped out of the bus into the streets of Amsterdam. Holding Zach's hand, you all walked to the small cafe on the corner of the street. There you ate fluffy waffles with whipped cream and strawberries and drank coffee with intricate designs drawn on top with cream. "Hey, wait babe, you got whipped cream on your nose." You laughed as Zach looked up from his plate. Jack snickered, "it's a good look for you man." You used your napkin to wipe it off. "Thanks baby." He said sweetly. "Your welcome." You were barely able to finish your sentence before Zach cut you off with his lips on yours. "Awe man, they're doing it again." Daniel whined. The other three laughed, "shut up Daniel, they haven't seen each other in two and a half months, let them kiss." Jonah remarked. "Mmk, but I'm still trying to eat my waffles, he doesn't have to eat her face." That caused you and Zach burst out in laughter. "Good one Danny." You said shaking your head. After breakfast it was time to head to the arena. You sat in the empty rows as the boys went through sound check. You went with them to their interviews, laughing along with the answers they gave to each question.
As night fell, everything grew louder. The lights dimmed and vibrant ones danced around the huge room in strips. No matter how many of the guys shows you went to, the excitement and thrill was still the same. You sung every lyric and bounced on the balls of your feet to the beat. "Thank you!" The boys chorused, blowing kisses into the sea of people. They all jogged off stage. Zach tackled you in a hug, his breath heavy from running around, the adrenaline and singing his heart out. "Ew, your all sweaty." You teased. When you looked at his face you noticed his flushed cheeks and wide smile. "You did so good baby." You told him as you tugged gently on the strand of his hair that hung over his forehead. "Thank you." He said, kissing your cheek. "I will never get tired of being on stage." He breathed out as he caught the bottle of water Tyler threw at him. "I don't doubt it." You giggled. The rest of the night consisted of new and old inside jokes, so much laughter that you were clutching your stomach and taking a large amount of blurry photos with bad lighting, although you knew you would never delete them.
Before you knew it, it had been four days and you were at the airport, gripping onto Zach's arm, tears welling in your eyes. "Flight ten sixty six to Los Angeles." Your hand tightened around his bicep at the announcement. Zach turned you so you were facing him. He pulled you into him and you inhaled deeply, breathing in his scent for the last time for two more months. His chin rested on the top of your head. "I'm gonna miss you." He mumbled. You looked up at him. "I'm gonna miss you too babyface." He chuckled at the nickname. "I love you y/n." You nodded, more tears forming. "I love you too." You said quietly, throwing your arms around his neck, his finding your waist. "Kiss me Zach." You said, pulling back. He desperately pushed his lips onto to yours, grabbing at your sides to feel your body pressed against his. "Last call for flight ten sixty six to Los Angeles." A woman's voice echoed throughout the airport. "I gotta go." You told him through a gentle cry. "I know." He nodded, eyes filled with sadness. He lifted his hand to brush away the tear that rolled down your cheek. "This isn't goodbye y/n, it's just see 'ya later." He smiled. You laughed. "I love you Zachary." You said against his hand. "I love you too, so much." He said as he pressed his lips to your forehead. He passed you your suitcase and waved as you entered the plane. You turned around and blew him a kiss, which he returned. Once Zach got back to the tour bus, he flopped his tired body into his bed, stripping himself of his jeans and pulling on a pair of sweats. He laid on his stomach, moving uncomfortably when something poked into his skin. He reached under himself and pulled out your yellow tube of carmex. A smile ghosted his lips. Pulling his phone out from under his pillow, Zach took a picture of the lip balm. On the picture he wrote "guys, y/n left her carmex on the bus, it's gonna be in my pocket every day bet" and posted it on his instagram story.
A week had passed and another show was about to begin. You sat in one of the auditoriums of your university and texted Zach "good luck! Not that you need it <3" before closing your phone and pulling out your notebook, getting ready for your class.
Once you got home from the lecture, your phone let out a ding. It was a message from Jonah; "just thought I'd let you know that literally thirty seconds before we had to be on stage, your stupid boyfriend freaking sprinted back to the green room to get your carmex because it wasn't it his pocket and he 'just needed it' to preform." You let out a laugh, quickly typing out a response. "That is both the sweetest and most hilarious thing ever." Jonah responded soon after. "He's so whipped for you it's scary." You scoffed. "I think it's pretty great ;)" you typed out, pressing the send button. About an hour later, you were sitting at your desk and got a phone call. "Hey princess!" Was the first thing came from the other end. "Hey baby! How was the show?" You asked eagerly. "It was so good! Limelight's go so hard!" He said proudly. "So, I heard you almost missed your cue because you didn't have your good luck charm." You said cockily. "Well, technically, my good luck charm is at home in L.A right now, but her carmex is in my pocket." Even though he was halfway across the world, you could feel the smirk on his face.
___________________________________
A/n: hiii! It's been a hot second since i updated but tomorrow all five will be up i promise <3