dazed and confused ~ corbyn

i am literally in the bathroom of a&w using their wifi to upload this.

You pulled into the driveway of the mansion the boys were hosting their latest release party at. The block was lined with other cars and music filled the entire neighbourhood. You walked inside, lifting your sunglasses off your face and into your hair. "Y/n!" You heard Daniel exclaim from across the room and over the music. He came over and hugged you, earning a wide smile from you. "Hey Danny! It's so nice to finally see you again." You told him. You had just moved to L.A. and promised to come to the party your old friend was throwing. "I want you to meet the rest of the boys." Daniel said, leading you outside to the pool. Around a table of drinks stood four boys, conversing with others. "Guys, this is y/n, the girl I've been telling you all about, she's your new best friend." The boys turned around to face you, each waving and saying hey. Your smile widened. "Hey, it's really nice to finally meet you all." The tallest boy stuck out his hand. "Jonah, we're already besties." He winked. You laughed. "Yes, can't wait to tell you my life story." He chuckled. The next boy to introduce himself was a curly haired one. "I'm Jack, I'll be your favourite." "I'm sure you will be." He smiled at you. "I'm Zach, now I'm where the party's at, so if you're ever bored." He said, giving you a friendly hug. "I'll hold you to it Zach." Lastly, there was a slimmer boy with blond hair. He bit the inside of his cheek as you talked to the others. Daniel pushed him towards you. "This is Corbyn, he's never quiet so I dunno what's up." He said with a knowing smirk. Corbyn shot Daniel an annoyed look before turning to you with a gentle yet nervous smile. You definitely found him the most attractive. "Hi, sorry I didn't say anything." You found his nervousness slightly endearing. "It's ok." "Y/n!" You're name was called from across the yard. You looked over to see one of your girlfriends waving you down. "I gotta go Corb, but I'll catch you later?" His cheeks tinted a little at the nickname you inadvertently gave him. "Yeah, ok, sounds good." You smiled sweetly at him once more before making your way over to your friends. "Welp, I really screwed that up." Corbyn said to himself. "Sure did." Daniel quipped from behind him, sipping a drink of some kind from an obnoxiously coloured straw. Corbyn whipped around. "How long were you just observing us?" Daniel pushed himself up from the wall he was leaning against. "Oh I observed it all" He smirked mischievously, taking another long sip of his drink before stepping away. Throughout the reminder of the party, Corbyn caught small glimpses of you. He felt a weird pang in his chest every time he saw your smile. When you caught his eyes once, his thoughts fogged and his vision narrowed to just you. When you noticed his stare you bit your bottom lip, secretly loving that he was looking at you.

It had been a few days since the party and Corbyn could not get you off his mind. Every time he did something he would wonder: "would y/n like this? Would she do that?" Now he sat on the couch, a dazed look on his face. Jonah walked into the room. "Hey man, sorry to intrude, but your door was unlocked and I think I left my charger here." Corbyn remained in his thoughts. "Corbyn?" Jonah asked. "You ok?" He said, waving a hand in front of Corbyn's face. "I-wha- yeah I'm fine." Jonah lifted an eyebrow. "What's on your mind?" Corbyn thought about Jonah's question for a moment, as if he wasn't sure. "Y/n." He finally answered with a nod. Jonah smiled. "So you like her huh?" Corbyn looked confused by the question. "Well, I don't know, that's the thing. I can't stop thinking about her, but I barley know her. And I can't help but want to." Jonah now had a smug look on his face. "You definitely like her dude." Corbyn chewed on his lip. "I hate that you're right." Jonah sat down. "I am the wise one." He boasted. "Mhmm, sure." Corbyn laughed. "Did you say you left your charger here?" Jonah stood again. "Yeah." "Is it that one on the counter?" Corbyn asked, pointing to the counter by the window. "Sure is." Jonah said as he jogged over and grabbed it. "Later man, good luck with your y/n problem!" He shouted as he left Corbyn's apartment. "Yeah, I'm gonna need all the luck I can get." Corbyn whispered to himself. "Ugh, I gotta go grocery shopping." He remembered. He lifted himself off the couch and retrieved his keys before stepping out the door.

Corbyn pulled into the Trader Joe's parking lot and walked into the store, the air conditioning ruffling his hair when he stepped inside. You stood in the produce section, examining some peaches. "Oh shi-" Corbyn noticed you and quickly ducked into the cracker isle. He thought back to when you first met. He came to the conclusion that he now had the perfect opportunity for a do-over. "Ok, she's just a girl." He tried to calm himself. He peeked out of the isle at you. "A really pretty, definitely out of my league, damn I wish she was mine, girl." He stepped away from the isle and into your view. Before he could say anything or approach you, you saw him. "Corbyn! Hey, it's y/n." He didn't seem to recognize you. "From your party." You said, a little disappointed. "I remember." He said with an admiring smile. "I'm glad, thought you forgot about me." He walked closer to your cart. "How could I forget you?" He didn't mean to say that. You blushed. "I uh mean, you're just really pretty and have a nice laugh and I don't know why you thought I would forget you." He tried his best to make up for the fool of himself he thought he was making, but you found it cute and he was definitely winning you over. "I'm glad you like my laugh." He blushed this time. "Could I get your number? I'd like to take you out for ice cream or something." You nodded. "Daniel's gonna freak." You giggled as you entered you phone number into his phone. "What? Why?" You didn't look up from the phone. "Because ever since I told him I was moving out to L.A., he's been telling me how he has this friend that would be 'perfect' for me. Now that I think about it, I kinda think he was talking about you." You handed him his phone back. He stood there, a little dazed. You looked up at him through your lashes. "You ok?" "Oh, ye-yeah, I'm great." Both of you had smiles placed firmly on your faces. "I've gotta go, my roommate's making me cook tonight." "Oh, ok. Have a good night y/n. I'll text you." The two of you held eye context for 3 seconds, although it felt so much longer. "Can't wait." You said quietly before heading to checkout.

You and Corbyn hadn't gone on your date yet, but it was scheduled for this Friday. You walked into the studio, five boys quickly coming towards you. "Ok, I've got way to many Starbucks orders here." You giggled. Each boy grabbed their drink. "Thanks y/n! We love you!" You shook your head. "You better, cause that was 35 dollars." Corbyn lingered next to you after the rest went back to the couches. "Hey, thanks for the drinks." He said as he handed you a 20 dollar bill. "What's this for?" "You payed for our drinks, I thought I should give you something in return." You put your hand on his, lowering it. "Corbyn, you're taking me out for ice cream in two days, you can buy mine and we'll be even. How does that sound?" He smiled. You really couldn't get enough of his smile. "Fine." He told you. "Alright, I gotta go, class starts in twenty minutes." "Bye boys!" A chorus of "bye's!" Came from them. You made your way to the door, Corbyn's eyes never leaving you. "Are you ok? You seem zoned out." Jack asked, waving his hand in front of Corbyn's face. "Yeah, there's just something about her that's got me dazed and confused." He answered as he watched you walk out and into the L.A. heat.
________________________________________________
A/n: if you know this song i really love you