cafeteria ~ jack

pt 3 of university au!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was much later than you wanted it to be; 11:27 pm. You and Jack had been in the library for four hours now, going over endless amounts of material and rewriting a painful amount of notes. The only people left inside were the two of you, one of the professors and another girl.

You had set up camp upstairs where it had grown dark due to the skylights being the major source of light up there.

From across the table you heard Jack's pen drop onto his papers and a long, painstaking groan leave his lips. "This sucks." He whined, letting his head fall into his notebook, one of his hands covering your flash cards.

You lifted your eyes from what you were writing and placed a hand on his head, massaging his scalp. "I know." You whimpered back. Pulling your hand back you rested your head on your folded arms onthe table top, willing yourself to keep your eyes open.

"I'm so hungry." Jack stated over dramatically as he lifted his head up. "Like starving." He continued, his face falling into his hands and pushing up his cheeks.

You glanced at your phone for the time. "Shit, it's 11:32. We haven't eaten since..." You paused to try and remember the last time you actually ate something. "Since like four." Jack's eyes were still on you. "Now that I think about it, I'm really hungry too."

He sat up straighter in his chair, pulling all of his things into a pile, "lets go get something to eat then."

You remained in your seat, staring back at him as he packed his things into his bag. "Y/n are you coming?" He asked, waving a hand in front of your face after noticing your zoned out state.

"Hmm? Yeah." You pushed your chair back and stood up, closing your books and gathering your pens. "Where are we going to eat anyways? I have no food back in my dorm and I know for a fact that you and Zach haven't been grocery shopping for at least two weeks."

Jack smiled and laughed at what you had said. "Hey, we're all just broke college students here." You loved the way his eyes were creased at the corners while he was smiling. "We could go to the cafeteria?" He offered, looking up to you.

You stopped zipping up your bag and looked at him, your brows folded together. "But its closed? Has been for three hours?"

Jack paused for a moment, licking his lips before responding. "So?" You stood silently, questioning his logic. "If we don't get caught I don't I see the problem." He reasoned.

You nodded along, "Alright Avery. But we should do this fast before I change my mind."

_______________________

"Y/n, hurry!" Jack whisper-shouted from across the room, violently waving you over. Rolling your eyes, you jogged over to him, making sure to keep your footsteps quiet. Jack dramatically cast his eyes over the empty space around him, ensuring no one was around before swiping his card and unlocking one of the doors.

"Jack, this isn't Area 51." You tried to scold him, but the smile on your face proved it to be a failed attempt.

"That's what they want you to think." You said slyly before slipping inside.

You followed closely after him, deciding it would be more fun to just go with it. "Okay, we need some quick nutrition. How about we smuggle a few of those bananas and apples?" Jack said seriously. You laughed and walked over to the countertop scattered with bowls of fruit, taking in as many as you could carry.

"How's this?" You turned around to find your boyfriend elbow deep in the muffins. "I- what."
Jack turned around, muffins covered in plastic wrap falling from his hands and stuffed into his pockets.

"What? Zach's probably hungry too."

A beam of light entered the room from the small window in the door. You and Jack locked eyes, both thinking the same thing.

A security guard spotted the two of you, quickly rushing into the cafeteria where you stood. "Abort mission!" Jack exclaimed, shoving the muffins he held into the pockets of his joggers. You ran off towards the door that led outside, Jack hot on your heels.

"Hey! You guys aren't supposed to be in there!" The guard yelled after you.

Once you had reached the front lawn you both stopped running. Jack was counting his muffins, making sure he had them all while you sat back and laughed until you count breathe. Jack joined, your smile being contagious.

"You should have seen your face when the light came in." You wheezed.

"Shut up." Jack grinned as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders. You leaned into him, your smile hurting your cheeks.

"All joking aside, I'm glad your my partner in crime baby." You said, smiling up at him.

He kissed your forehead. "Me too. Even if we get caught."

___________________________________________
a/n: {11/07/19 8:29pm} complicated by avril lavigne will always be a bop and that's on period.