hold my hand ~ jonah

It had been a few weeks since you were let out of the hospital. Your body still had minor bruising on it, although it didn't hurt so much anymore. Jonah walked into your shared bedroom, mug in hand. "Hey baby, I made you some tea." He said sweetly, sitting next to you. "Thank you." You smiled. He handed you the warm cup. "You didn't have to make me tea Jo, I could do it myself." He looked at you with scolding eyes. "Y/n, you were in a car accident, a bad one, I can make you tea." You rolled your eyes. "Okay, if you can make me tea, can you cuddle with me?" His eyes twinkled as he nodded and scooted closer to your body. "Ow." You winced as his knee hit your rib cage. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry are you okay?" He let out in a rush, worry evident in both his tone and eyes. You clenched your jaw in pain and nodded. "It's okay, I'm okay." He kissed your temple and carefully wrapped his arm around your shoulders. Letting out a breath, you opened your mouth. "What do you wanna do today?" Jonah turned to you. "Well I gotta go to the studio, do you wanna come?" You thought about it for a second. Jonah noticed your hesitation. "Y/n?" You swallowed. "What is it babe?" You looked down to your folded hands. "I uh, don't really wanna, um..." Jonah pushed the hair out of your eyes. "Baby." He whispered. "Jo, I just really don't wanna get into a car just yet." He looked at you with adoring eyes, "that's okay." You shook your head. "It's not okay, the accident was like a month ago, I shouldn't be so scared to get into a vehicle." "Well, how about I drive and you can have aux and we'll hit up the Burger King drive thru." He lifted your chin with his index finger. "I don't wanna push you to do something you don't want to do, but I think it'll be good for you, love. You sighed again, knowing he was right. "Okay, I'll go get dressed." You began to move away from Jonah and out of the bed. "Well, That was easier than I thought." You looked over your shoulder at him. "But you're right Jo, I've barely left the bed for almost a month, I need to get out before I go crazy." You searched the closet for something to wear, "besides," you huffed. "I need to get back into a car so I get over my fear and move on with my life." Jonah placed his hands behind his head. He admired you as you continued to comb through the clothes on your side of the closet. "I love you." He stated simply. You back still turned to him, you blushed. You didn't really know why. You have been going out for three years but he still had this affect on you. "I love you too Jo." He came up behind you and pulled you into his chest. "I think Gabbie will be there, I'll ask Jack to make sure." "I hope she's there, I miss her." You told him. You eventually settled on an outfit. Pulling out a pair of leggings and one of Jonah's old sweatshirts, you started to get dressed. Jonah came back into the room, "she'll be there." He said before lifting his head to find you in only leggings and a light blue bralette. "You so gorgeous, do you know that?" You glared at him. "Am not." You retorted, looking down. Jonah noticed your tone had become serious. "Hey, baby, what's wrong?" He came up to you and gently placed his hand on the small of your back. "I sure don't feel gorgeous." Your voice was small in the large room. Jonah's face filled with concern and sadness. You were the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, and he wanted to make sure you knew it. "Why not?" You stepped away from his comforting hands. "Because of all these bruises, and these scars." Your voice cracked. "I hate them." He cautiously stepped towards you, keeping his eyes locked with yours.  "Hey" he brushed his thumb over the scar on your left shoulder before before softly kissing it. "You are the most beautiful person I have ever laid eyes on on okay? No matter what, you will always be beautiful." You looked up at him with glossy eyes, mouthing "thank you." "Always" he said reassuringly. You stood on your toes and kissed him. "I love you y/n." "I love you too Jo." You turned back to the bed and grabbed your shirt, slipping it on. "I'm gonna go start the car babe." Jonah said, his voice still held concern, wanting to make sure you were okay. You smiled, hearing the meaning in his tone. Once you were dressed you entered the living room. "Ready?" Jonah asked. You wiped your sweaty palms on your thighs, "yes." You got your purse from the counter and followed Jonah out the door. You slid into the passenger seat and plugged your phone into the aux cord. "Play the playlist I made you babe." You nodded to Jonah's suggestion. The vehicle pulled out of the driveway as you pressed on the playlist labeled "this one's for you babygirl" and put it on shuffle. The car stopped abruptly at a light that had just turned red. You dropped your phone and took in a sharp breath. You're hands started to shake involuntarily. Jonah looked over at you. "I'm so sorry, are you okay?" You tried to slow your breathing to a normal pace. "Ye-yeah, just startled me." You stuttered. He reached over and squeezed your arm. The light turned green and you started moving again. You looked out the window, hoping that the California scenery would calm you. You came up to an intersection and a car seemed to be going too fast before it stopped. You reached for Jonah, he noticed your panic. "Hey, hey it's ok." Your eyes glazed over with fear. "Here, hold my hand baby." You laced your fingers with his and he brought your hand to his lips and kissed it gently. You decided to focus on Jonah. You still had some fear from the crash floating around inside of you, but you knew you had Jonah. So you just held his hand.
___________________________________
A/n: hi guys lol i ain't dead (yet) i had an exam in physics today AND i have a midterm on friday which i learned about yesterday (fml) i hATE that i didn't post on sunday like usual but don't expect any more imagines until the weekend. IM SO SORRY