deck the halls ~ jack

Jack was beyond excited when you had finally picked out a christmas tree. It had taken an hour and the help of the other four boys to get the tree into your living room. Both of you had been so eager to decorate it, but it kept getting put off. So now it was five pm on December 20th and the christmas tree that stood in the corner of your living room remained untouched.

You barely saw it when you looked up from your laptop at the kitchen counter, the window behind it dark, letting the lights from other homes shine through. You got off the bar stool you had been sitting on and loved your laptop, pausing the music that had been playing on your speaker.

"Hey babe!" You called down the hall, rummaging through a closet for the box of christmas decorations. '

"Yeah, what's u- whoa whoa whoa." He quickly rushed to your side, catching the bin of christmas ornaments that was about to fall on top of you. "I got you." He placed it down next to you, his hand instinctively going to your waist. "Whatcha doin?"

"Thanks for the rescue." You huffed out, tucking your hair behind your ears. "I thought we could decorate the tree." You smiled, leaning down to pick up the antler headband from the box and placing on your head.

"You're a dork," Jack started, his hand falling from your waist as he heaved the large box back into his arms. "But I love you."

All of a sudden, it was nearly nine pm. You and Jack stood in front of the tree together, trying to decide where to place the last ornament for the fourth time. The two of you were wearing the matching pj bottoms Ava and Sydnie had picked out for you and the rest of Jack's family, the playlist Daniel had "expertly crafted" was now spilling from your speaker and enveloping the house in a christmas-y cheer.

"Oh my God! Babe!" Jack laughed, you doing the same. "Just put it here!" He said, trying to suppress another laugh.

"Okay, okay. Fine! We'll put it there." You hung the ornament on the branch Jack had been pestering you about for the past fifteen minutes. "Now what? We're all out of ornaments." You huffed, walking towards the coffee table and sipping at the now cold hot chocolate.

Jack only watched you for a moment before he got an idea. "Wait, lets go to my mom's house. I'm sure she has more decorations we could throw at our house."

You tried to think of an argument to convince him that doing that was a bad idea, because knowing Isla and Kristen you would be there for hours. But honestly, you wanted to be there for hours. "Okay, let's go."

Isla was the first to hug you, she smelled like gingerbread, and so did the rest of the house. "Hey y/n, come finish these cookies with us." Kristen told you, ushering you into the kitchen.

The next few hours were spent laughing with Syd and Ava, you and Jack running away from Isla as she chased you around with a spoonful of frosting and somehow getting roped into christmas karaoke.

"That was fun babe." You smiled as you climbed into the passenger seat of Jack's jeep. "It was a good idea to terrorize your family." Jack laughed slightly, leaning over the console and kissing you gently.

"Ah shit."

"What's wrong J?"

"We forgot the ornaments."
_______________________________________
a/n: merry christmas everyone!!!! i hope you all get to spend time with your families and those you're close with and can eat some good food. i love you all and just know every one of you deserve a magical holiday season xoxo