public transit ~ corbyn

Corbyn's third alarm went off, resulting in him groaning and rolling over to turn it off. "Oh crap" he cursed to himself once he realized the time and the seventeen notifications from his bandmates, telling him to get up and that he was already an hour late. Corbyn practically jumped into a pair of jeans and a threw on a t-shirt. Quickly, he started packing his bag, toothbrush hanging from his mouth. He shot a text off to the Why Don't We group chat. "Leaving now, woke up late sorry guys" Corbyn ran out the door with his bag barely hanging onto his shoulder, keys in hand. He rushed himself into his car and pushed the key into the ignition. Much to his dismay, the car failed to start. He tried again and again only to be met with a faltering rev of the engine. "Dammit!" He growled angrily, slamming his hand against the steering wheel. He lifted his head, his eyes fell on the public transit sign about a block away from him. Without a second thought, Corbyn began sprinting down the sidewalk to the bus stop. The bus was just about to pull away when Corbyn arrived. "Wait!" He yelled seconds before the bus driver closed the door. He climbed the few steps and let out a breathless "thank you" as he handed the driver a five dollar bill. He sat near the back on the right side. Once he was seated, he called Jonah. "Hey man, where are you?" Jonah's voice came through the other end. Corbyn was still breathing heavily from the unexpected run. "I woke up late and my car wouldn't start so I'm on the bus" Jonah noticed his friends breathing. "Okay, did you like, run to the bus or something?" "Yes!" Corbyn said, frustrated. "Whoa, sorry" Jonah said defensively. Corbyn pinched his nose. "Sorry, today's just not going too well so far." Corbyn knew Jonah would understand. "It's okay Corb, I'll tell everyone you'll be here soon, see you in a bit. And don't die, I know how much you hate taking the bus. " Corbyn nodded despite not being seen. "Thanks man" "no problem, gotta go, Zach and Daniel are fighting over water again" Corbyn laughed slightly. "Okay, bye." Jonah cut the line. When Corbyn looked up from his phone he noticed you. He noticed how much kindness your voice held when you said good morning to the bus driver, how you picked up the little boy's toy that had fallen into the aisle and gently handed it back to him. He noticed the bright smile you sent him as you sat in the seat opposite him. "Wow" he said under his breath. Maybe taking the bus wasn't so bad.  You pulled your phone from your pocket, detangling your earbuds and placing them in your ears. His eyes remained on you as you watched the moving California scenery before you.  He took in your appearance. The way your hair fell gently past your shoulders, moving a little bit in the wind from the open window. He watched as your fingers tapped out a beat on your thigh and your lips curled around every word that was playing in your ears. You looked over for a split second, realizing the handsome stranger that seemed to be staring at you. His gaze immediately fell from you, looking down at his hands. You blushed, flattered that he was admiring you. You turned to face him fully, taking in his features as he continued to avoid your gaze. You examined the dashing stranger across from you. Your blush deepened when his eyes returned to you. You saw his lips move, but you didn't hear a word. Removing an earbud you began to speak. "Sorry, I didn't catch that, music's pretty loud." Corbyn's face lit up after hearing your voice. "Oh, um just wondering what you were listening to."  You smiled, lifting up your phone to show him "patience" by Shawn Mendes displayed on the screen. Corbyn locked eyes with you, "great song" his voice made you dizzy. You nodded, "I think so too." Your eyes were still on each other when you put your phone down. Corbyn seemed to have shaken out of a daze as he stretched a hand to you. "Corbyn, sorry" with a nervous laugh. You shook your head, signaling no need for an apology. "Y/n." You responded. "Y/n" he repeated softly, allowing your name to roll off his tongue. "You've got a beautiful name." You smirked at his compliment. "Thank you, my parents really like it." He let out a breathy laugh, his eyes falling to the floor then back up to you. "What kind of music do you like to listen to Corbyn?" You pressed yourself back against your seat as he contemplated your question for a moment. He leaned forward, elbows on his knees, and began to give you his answer. The way he talked about music was so intriguing to you. "Well, I love all kinds of music really" he started off. "It really depends on my mood" you nodded, listening intently. "I've been making music since I was a kid." He said shyly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. "Really?" You wondered. "Yeah, it's kinda, you know, my thing." By now you were curious and wanted to know more about the mysterious, musical boy that just so happened to be incredibly sweet and very attractive. The bus came to a slow halt. You tuned your attention to your location. "Hey, this is my stop." You said with a sigh, clearly disappointed. "Oh" Corbyn's words held the same emotion that yours had. "Could I, uh, get your number?" He said hopefully. You nodded, a smile lighting up your face. Corbyn beamed, pulling his phone out for you to put your number into. You entered your phone number and name, adding a yellow heart emoji next to it. "I'll text you." He said as you stood up. "I'm looking forward to it." You told him before walking off the bus. The two of you made eye contact through the window. You waved, he returned the gesture . You blushed again before the bus pulled away. Corbyn rested his head against the seat. Never did he think he'd meet a girl -possibly the one he'd fall desperately in love with- on the public transit. 
___________________________________
A/n: i thought of this idea awhile ago and i'm actually pretty happy with the out come. hope you are too! leave a comment, i'd love some feedback :)