jealousy ~ daniel

"Y/n, you wanna go get something to eat?" Jonah asked as he trotted down the steps.

You lifted your head from Daniel's chest, his fingers still running through your hair.

"Sure." You stood up from the couch, Daniel groaned and held your hand. "You wanna come babe?" You asked him, messing around with his hair.

"Mm, no thanks, I think I'll finish mixing this song." He said, pulling his computer onto his lap.

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit. Love you." You smiled, leaning down and kissing his lips. When you tried to pull away Daniel placed his hand under your jaw to bring you back in. Both of you smiled.

"You guys are cute." Jonah laughed, shrugging on his coat. "You sure you don't wanna come Daniel?"

"Yeah." Daniel answered as he watched you walk from the living room to the entry way. His arms rested behind his head as he stretched out and watched you slip on your shoes, a smile on your face from something Jonah had said.

"Bye babe, love you!" You told him as you closed the door behind you.

"Bye." Daniel said, not even trying to stop his smile.
_

"Hey man." Corbyn greeted coming into Daniel's apartment.

"Hey." Daniel mumbled, not looking up from his laptop.

"Where's y/n?" Corbyn asked, pulling a bottle of water from the fridge.

"With Jonah, they went out to eat." Daniel replied, still typing on his computer.

Corbyn sat down on the couch next to Daniel and took a sip of his water. "You know I think it's really cool that you're so chill with them hanging out all the time. I dunno if I'd feel comfortable with that, my girlfriend and best friend being that close. Y/n's lucky she's got you bro."

Daniel looked up from his screen. "What?"

Before he spoke Corbyn shifted on the couch so he was facing Daniel. "Well, they're always together, and I know they've known each other for like ever and their best friends but you're her boyfriend. I think most people would at least feel a little bit insecure if their girlfriend had such a close relationship with another guy."

Daniel started at Corbyn, a shallow fear settling into the pit of his stomach. "Why would I be insecure?"

Corbyn noticed a change in Daniel's tone. "Well, you don't have to be, because they're just friends and y/n really loves you. But some people might be in fear of a," He paused to think for a moment. "In fear of a 'Chandler and Monica' situation. You know, two best friends falling for each other."

That really messed Daniel up. "Oh." He swallowed.

When you came home later on you were wearing Jonah's hoodie. Daniel barley spared you a glance
_

Eight of you sat in Jonah's living room; Gabbie, Christiana, you, and all the guys. You all had been hanging out the whole day, watching tv, playing some card game or just talking about whatever came to mind. Eventually, nine pm rolled around and Jack and Gabbie left, soon followed by Zach, Corbyn declared he was going to bed as well and Christina went back to her apartment.

Now only you, Daniel and Jonah were there. You sat on the counter with Daniel standing between your legs, the two of you looking through instagram together.

Jonah entered the kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing out an apple. You looked up when you noticed him.

"Hey Jo do you still wanna go to that coffee shop/book store place?" You asked. Daniel looked up from your phone and glanced between you and Jonah, remembering what Corbyn had told him.