five am ~ jack

Jack's hand searched around the bed for you. "Y/n?" He said your name groggily. His head shot up when he heard something fall in the kitchen. "Babe?" He called for you again, still not earning a response.

He got out of bed, throwing a sweatshirt on. He squinted his eyes due to the harsh light that was pooling above the stove. "Y/n, babe, what are you doing?" Jack asked when he saw you standing on a stool to get at the back of the top shelf of the pantry.

You stepped down, an empty box of Oreos in hand. "I'm looking for some Oreos," You cast your eyes down to the box in your hand. "But we're all out." You pouted.

Jack stepped closer to you and took the box from your hand. "Why don't we go to Walmart in the morning and buy some." He said, taking the box from your hand and starting to pull you back towards the bedroom.

"Or." You started.

"I don't like that 'or'." Jack whined, wrapping his arms around you.

"We could go on an adventure to Walmart now." You added with a smile.

Jack glanced over to the clock. "It's five in the morning y/n."

"Okay, yes, but I really want some Oreos and it'll be fun! C'mon."

Jack looked at you, mouth slightly agape in disbelief. "No y/n, waking me up at the ass crack of dawn to get Oreos is not going to be fun." He said pointedly. "Now come back to bed," He began, dragging out the last word. "I wanna cuddle."

"I'll cuddle with you after we come home from Walmart." You tried to negotiate.

His face didn't move.

"Please? I promise to make it up to you, I just really want some fricken Oreo's." You begged, your arms coming around his neck.

Jack trialed his hands up your arms once then moved them back down,wrapping them around your waist.

"Please?" You tried again, your lips inching closer to his.

                ______________________

"I can't believe you convinced me to get out of bed and drive you to Walmart at five am to get Oreos. Oreos." Jack said from the driver's seat of his car, tightening the strings of his hoodie.

"We're gonna have a great time babe." You turned to him, your eyes smiling.

Jack looked back to you, displeasure cast over his face. You could tell he was trying to bite back his smile. He looked back to the road, pulling into the Walmart parking lot.

Jack didn't move from his seat when he pulled the key from the ignition. You had gotten out of the Jeep, expecting him to be following behind you.

You turned around, your shoulders falling when you spotted him, still in the driver's seat with his head leaning back against the headrest and his eyes closed. You exhaled out of your nose, shuffling back to the car.

You opened the door, Jack's arm lazily falling from where it had been resting. "Nooo." He groaned, trying his best to give you a hard time.

"Jack." You urged on, pulling out the vowel in his name. You grabbed his hand and tried to pull him out of the car. He let his arms go limp, refusing to cooperate with you. "You're an ass." You giggled.

He finally jumped out, reaching for your hand, which you swung back and forth so he couldn't grasp it. "Baby." He tried.

"Hm?" You turned to him, acting oblivious.

"Give me your hand." He set his hand out, waiting for you to place yours on top.

"So needy this morning." You teased, lacing your fingers with his. He pulled you closer to him, kissing your cheek softly.