study buddy ~ zach

he can hit me up anytime. pt 4 of university au
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Zach waltzed into your dorm room, dropping his books on your bed, his body coming not long after. "I do not want to do this." He groaned in complaint.

You stepped out of the kitchen, startled by your boyfriend's entrance. He rolled over so he was now on his back. "Do not, I say." He had an arm slung over his face, hiding the slight flush that always hindered on his cheeks.

Leaning against the doorframe you stirred the honey into your tea and smiled gently at the goofy boy that had come into your dorm.

The room was slightly messy, one of Zach's sweatshirts that you had stolen hung from the back of your desk chair, empty water bottles lined the windowsill and the blankets that were supposed to be on your bed were closer to the floor. With a sigh you placed your mug of tea on your bedside table and went after the plastic bottles, throwing them into the recycling bin.

"What are you doing?" Zach said, his voice muffled from under his arm.

You continued to pick up the scattered items as you answered. "Cleaning up a little bit, giving you time to chill and procrastinate some more." You flicked your eyes over to him, watching him let out a mocking laugh.

"Oh ha ha babygirl, very funny."

Turning back to your desk you picked up and stacked the stray papers, tossing ones that were no longer of use and organizing the ones that were. "And I've decided I can't live in this mess of a dorm anymore. My life may be a disaster but my room doesn't have to be."

Zach sat up, grabbing the throw pillows from the floor and setting them back on your bed. "Tell Jonah that please, you really don't want to go near our dorm."

You snickered and tossed his sweatshirt at him. "I don't doubt it, how does a room even get that messy?"

He stopped straightening your blankets and turned to you. "I have literally no clue. All we do is sit on our beds or at our desks, I'm convinced all our shit just moves while we're in class." He explained, moving his hands around as to mimick his belongings. You nodded along, agreeing with his theory.

Scanning over the room once you finished cleaning your eyes landed on your roommate's side. "Should I even bother with Christina's stuff?" Zach shook his head rapidly.

"No, her ocd will kill you." His eyes remained on you as you nodded and bit your lip, thinking of the next step.

"So, now we study."

Zach fell back onto your bed, a deep huff coming from his lungs. "I was afraid you'd say that."

______________________

"Okay, I finished rewriting my notes!" You happily exclaimed, pushing the cap to your highlighter back on.

"Woo! Go baby!" Zach over-enthusiastically shouted, his eyes trained on the two cups of coffee in his hands. "Alright, this is only cup two, which means we're doing pretty good considering we've been at this for three hours." He said after sipping at the steaming mug.

You looked up from your notebook, licking your lips. "Honey, it's only eleven." Zach's head shot up from the textbook he had just opened.

"It's only been an hour?" He basically cried, falling back against your pillows.

"Unfortunately." You soothed, rubbing his shoulder.

"What if I drop out and become a stripper." He stated more than asked, completely sincere.

"Well, I'd come to all of your shows baby." You told him, running a hand over his cheek. He kissed your hand and sat up, pen falling from his lap when he did.

You watched him shift around on your bed, papers and pencils hitting the floor from the sudden movement. "Zach, what are you-"

"One sec." He grunted.

Once he had finally stopped moving, he was situated with his head at the foot of your bed. You stared at him, waiting for him to pick up the things he had dropped. "Hey, I love you. Could you grab that stuff for me?" You shook your and smiled, a puff of air coming from your nose.

After handing him his papers he kept a hold of your hand. "Wait no come here." He urged, pulling you on top of him. He positioned you so you had one leg on either side of his torso, notes still in hand.

"What's this?" You asked, referring to how you were now sitting.

"The ideal studying position." He reached over and grabbed your flash cards, looking up at you. "Now tell me, what is the definition of amylase?"

Leaning down you caught his lips in a teasing kiss, your hands running over his exposed chest. His came up and wrapped themselves around your hips. Both of you slightly breathless, you pulled away. "Okay the amylase is th-"

"Oh come on! I don't wanna study now!"

__________________________________________
a/n: {11/09/19, 10:48pm} idk how it's november i swear it was july last week