saviour ~ zach

dear god i just really want him to hug me

"I'll be there a little after 9" You sighed,
locking your phone and putting it into your back pocket. "What's up?" Christina asked, coming up behind you with two drinks in hand. You took one of the glasses from her. "Nothing, Zach just told me he'd be a little late." You told her, sipping your drink from the thin plastic straw. "Well-" she started, downing the sharp liquid. "We'll just have to dance 'till he gets here." You grinned. "That sounds like an amazing plan." You agreed, gulping down your drink and letting Christina drag you by your wrist to the dance floor. She gave you a knowing look when Strip That Down began bumping out of the speakers. The two of you danced for what seemed like forever, almost tripping over your heels multiple times. You and Christina were welcomed into a group of mostly drunk girls, all of you dancing and smiling and falling into each other. "I'm going to go to the bathroom!" You yelled over the music. "Okay!" Christina nodded, still jumping. "Do you want me to come with you?" She asked, her voice barely audible above the music. You shook your head, signalling you were ok by yourself. You began pushing through the crowd of people, saying excuse me but not being acknowledged due to the volume of the music and people singing along. It was much quieter in the bathroom. You went to the bathroom and washed your hands. Standing in front of the mirror you fluffed your hair and reapplied your faded lipstick. You checked over your reflection one more time. Happy with how you looked, you started out of the bathroom, pushing the door open and stepping into the hall back to the dance floor. You noticed someone leaning against the wall, sipping something from his glass and looking out into the sea of moving bodies. You stood beside him, trying to spot Christina within the crowd. "Looking for someone?" His voice was deep and clear, which surprised you due to the noise. You turned to face him. He was attractive and he looked kind. "Yeah, my friend, I should have said yes when she offered to come to the bathroom with me." You laughed halfheartedly. He smiled and nodded at your comment. "How 'bout you, who are you looking for?" You asked, turning your head from the dance floor to him. "Eh, no one. I'm alone tonight."

Zach walked into the club, his eyes quickly adjusting to the dim lights. He scanned the crowd for you. He spotted Christina near the bar and pushed his way through all the people towards her. "Hey Chris." Zach said, sitting on an empty stool beside her. Christina looked up from her phone. "Hey, you made it!" She smiled. "Yeah, I can't wait to par-tay." He chuckled. "So where's y/n?" Christina looked back down at her phone quickly before glancing up to Zach again. "I don't know, she said she was going to the bathroom like ten minuets ago. She won't answer her phone." Zach stood up and peered over Christina's shoulder, looking at the string of messages she'd sent you. "Did you try calling her?" He asked. Christina nodded. "Yeah, like three times." "I'm gonna go look for her." Zach said, drumming his fingertips on the counter top. "Ok, keep your phone on." Christina told him before he walked away.

You had soon figured out the guy's name was Austin. The two of you stood at the very end of the hallway, the music was quieter there. "So where are you from y/n?" He asked, taking a step closer to you. You took a small step back, not really thinking anything of his subtle advancement. "Oh, I live here in L.A." You answered. "How about you? Are you from around here?" You asked. Austin shook his head. "Nah, I'm just on a trip with my dad and brother. We're actually from Oregon." He finished, placing his arm on the wall above you. You threw a glance at his hand, feeling slightly uncomfortable. "Oh, one of my best friends is from Oregon. What city?" You tried your best to maintain eye contact. "Medford." You could faintly hear your phone ringing in your purse. Silently thanking God for getting you out of this situation you pulled it out, seeing Zach's face flash across the screen. "I gotta go my boyf-" Austin cut you off. "No, don't leave, I'm having a good time talking to you, beautiful." You smiled tightly at his compliment. "Thank you, but I really need to go, my friend's probably wondering where I am." You started, about to walk away. Austin stepped in front of you. "Let them wonder." He smirked.

Zach looked down at his still ringing phone. "Damn it." He cursed when it stopped and you didn't pick up. He drug his gaze over the club for the thousandth time. He began walking towards the bathrooms, completely missing you as he walked by. Austin stood directly in front of you, blocking your view of the rest of the hall. "So, does a pretty girl like you have a boyfriend, or can I have you all to myself?" He asked, smirking.

Zach walked into the girls bathroom, ignoring the looks he got from the two women inside. "Y/n?" He said, his voice louder than usual. "Fuck." He whispered to himself when you didn't answer. He walked out of the bathroom and started walking down the hallway.

"No, I have a boyfriend." You said sternly. "Now get off of m- Zach!" You spotted Zach walking down the hall. He didn't turn around at first. "Zach!" You yelled again. He spun around, his eyes bouncing around looking for you. Austin pressed his body against yours firmly. "Who's Zach? Is he your boyfriend?" You squirmed between him and the wall. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you into him more. "You son of a bitch let me go!" Zach heard you yell and quickly came towards you. "Or what?" Austin whispered into your ear, kissing just below it. You weren't able to answer, Austin was pulled away from you harshly and you saw Zach standing in front of you. "Oh my gosh, y/n are you ok?" He asked, wrapping you in his arms. You nodded against him. "Yeah, that was sketchy though." Zach turned to look at Austin. "Did anyone ever teach you to not touch what isn't yours?" He spat. "So what if I do pretty boy?" Austin snarled back. You felt Zach's fist clench under your hand. "Zach, don't." You whispered. "You'll find yourself somewhere you don't want to be." Zach said, starting to walk away. "Oh, are you gonna put me there Zach." Austin said his name mockingly. You and Zach kept walking. Austin scoffed. "Yeah, leave, if you ever get tired of her let me know." He snarled. Zach clenched his jaw and within three seconds he disconnected his hand from yours, the collar of Austin's shirt crumpled in Zach's fingers and his fist colliding with Austin's nose. "Zach!" You yelled, pulling him away from Austin who was now on the floor. "Hey! What's going on here!" The manager asked, anger written across his face. "Nothing." Zach growled, shaking his hands out. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave." The manager said. "Already leaving." Zach bellowed, grabbing your and again. "Y/n." Chirstina said when she rounded the corner. She hugged you quickly, relieved.

After you dropped Christina off at her and Corbyn's house, you and Zach began driving to your apartment. Zach was visibly tense. His knuckles were white from gripping the steering wheel and his jaw was tight. "Babe." You whispered softly. He didn't acknowledge you. You reached over and placed your hand on his thigh gently. He jumped under your touch, glancing your way before moving his eyes back to the road. "Are you ok?" You asked him. "No." He didn't look at you. "Zach." Your voice was quiet. "He touched you, he fucking touched you, manhandled you basically." His brown eyes were glowing with anger. "But I'm ok." You stroked your hand up his arm. "That doesn't make what he did ok y/n." You rested your hand on his shoulder. "Of course not Zach, but you don't need to dwell on it, I'm ok, you saved me." He looked over at you, his features relaxing a little bit. "My saviour." You smiled, leaning over to kiss his cheek. "Ugh, some people just really piss me off of you know?" Zach said. You laughed, falling back into your seat. "Some enough to punch them in the face, break their nose maybe?" You smiled at him. "He was being a dick!" He argued back, a smile now tugging at the corner of his lips.
_________________________________________
A/n: im going to be away for the next week so there won't be any updates but as soon as i get back there will be! <3