where were you in the morning? ~ jack

this one is kinda long and kinda ~spicy~
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

you said I wanna get to know ya

The lights of the afterparty were dim and the music was so loud Jack could feel it in his chest. He loved afterparties. The music, the people, the celebration.

"Hope you're enjoying yourself." Jonah said, coming over to Jack and sitting next to him at the bar.

Jack moved his gaze from the dance floor to his friend. "I sure am." He nodded, taking a sip from his glass

"Go dance." Jonah urged. "You've been sitting here the whole time."

"Eh, I dunno, I really like just sitting here and observing you know? And besides, someone stole my dance partner." Jack laughed, motioning over to Zach, who was dancing with Daniel.

Jonah looked around, his eyes falling on you.

"Go dance with her, she's been checking you out for like twenty minuets."

It was true, you've had your eye on the curly haired boy since you got to the party.

why you gotta get my hopes up

Jack groaned and turned back to Jonah. "Do I have to?"

Jonah gave him an unimpressed look. "Yes, she's pretty and you're single, now go." He said, pushing Jack off of his chair.

Jack straightened his back, "okay, but if I get rejected I'm blaming it on you." He said before starting off in your direction.

"Sounds good J." Jonah chuckled at Jack's retreating figure.

You saw Jack coming towards you and moved your view to the half empty glass of coke in front of you. "Hey, uh, could I sit with you?" He asked, his hands falling into his pockets.

You smiled up at him, he was even better looking up close. "Yeah, for sure." Jack pulled out a chair opposite of you.

So, does the curly headed cutie have a name?" You asked once he was seated.

Jack blushed. "Curls get the girls, everytime. And my name's Jack, Jack Avery."

You laughed at Jack's statement. "How about you, what's your name?" You took a sip of your drink before answering.

"Y/n." You leaned forward a little bit.

"Well y/n, would you uh, like to dance?" You smiled, glad he made the first move.

"I'd love to Jack." He stood up and took your hand, walking the two of you to the dance floor. "So tell me about yourself." You said once you made it to the floor.

"Well, I'm 20, I'm part of a band and I like to skateboard in my free time." He stopped for a moment and just looked at you, beams of lights cascading over your face before vanishing. "You're really pretty."

You blushed and looked down. "Thank you." Jack smiled. "You should smile more Jack, it's a good look for you." You told him, poking at his cheek.