record store ~ jonah

this is actually a zach chapter from city love! thought i'd morph it into an imagine for jonah and give y'all a sneak peek ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The light in the small record shop was dim and soft, giving the room a vintage feeling. "You work here?" Jonah asked.

You led him through a couple shelves brimming with plastic milk crates filled with records, all sorted by genre. "I sure do, it's the best job ever." you smiled.

"I'm sure it is." He chuckled.

"Here we are." You let go of his hand, reaching out for a yellow crate labeled "MISC"

"This is really just all my favourite records that I piled into one crate if I ever run into the situation of not knowing what to listen to." His eyes looked like honey under the golden light from the lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. "Which happens a lot." He moved closer to you, his hands overlapping yours as he grabbed the crate from you.

"Lets see what you got in here." He moved closer to her, his hips touching yours. Jonah felt your breath hitch when he dipped his head closer to yours as he rifled through the assorted records. 

As time went on, the pair of you moved along the shelves, pulling out different records as you went. Jonah ended up with a handful of vinyls, his back against one of the shelves. Every so often he'd glance back up at you.

His eyes were on you as she rifled through a few vinyls in one of the baskets. "Oh, look at this one." You smiled at the record in her hand. "I have a secret love for Prince, although I'm pretty sure it isn't a secret, I tend to blast doves cry pretty often." When You looked over Jack was just barely smiling at you, trying to hide his giddiness .

"What?" You blushed, smiling back at him.

He pushed away from the shelf he had been leaning against, his arms unfolding. "Nothing." He said as he cleared his throat. "What are you looking for?" He stood next to you now, your arms brushing against each other.

You urned back to what you had been doing. "All that we needed, Plain White T's." Jonah began looking with her, his fingers bumping yours every once in awhile.

"Ah, found it." He said, pulling the yellow and black record out of the others. "Here you go." His voice fell silent when he went to hand it to you, noticing that you were already facing him.

"Thanks."

He was standing dangerously close, he could have kissed you if he leaned down only slightly.

So he did.

His hand came up to your face, cupping your cheek. You placed the record on top of the others, your now free hand finding its way his neck. His fingers tapped along your waist, the kiss deepening. If it weren't for the shelves they were hiding behind, you knew you would have pulled away.

You smiled against his lips, he smiled back.

_________________________________________
a/n: hope you guys enjoyed this little sneak peek! more coming soon :)