boy next door ~ daniel

Hey there sunnies! Here we have an au set in high school! and also can we just appreciate this image real quick^^

You looked up from your desk and out the window. Through the foliage of the tree that stood between you and the next house, you saw him.

Daniel Seavey.

The gorgeous boy that went to your school and was in your ap bio class.

He was already looking at you, which you were surprised by. Your eyes drifted to his. The two of you stared at each other for a few seconds. You smiled at him, biting your lip slightly. He waved to you. A light blush dusted your cheeks as you waved back.

You returned your focus to your work, still smiling. You didn't know it, but his gaze lingered on you awhile longer, admiring you after you turned away.

Daniel's phone let out a ding which pulled his attention from you.

Jack had texted him.
"hey, can the guys and I come over? zach's dad says we can't go there anymore because of what happened last time."

He quickly responded. "yeah, what time do you think you'll be here?"

Jack texted back rather quickly,
"ok great, we'll be there in like 20 minutes."

Daniel nodded to himself. "see ya then."

After sending the message, he looked out his window, hoping to catch your eye once again, but you were no longer seated at your desk. His small smile fell.

Taking a deep breath, he shook himself of his thoughts of you and tried to get as much of his English homework done as he could before the guys came over.

Approximately twenty seven minutes later, Daniel heard the familiar sound of four sets of footsteps bounding up his stairs. Not bothering to knock, in came Corbyn, Jack, Jonah and Zach.

"Hey guys." Daniel gretted, spinning himself around in his desk chair. A series of "hey's" chorused from the boys as Zach flopped himself onto Daniel's bed, along with Jack. Jonah sat in the bean bag chair in the corner of the room and Corbyn sat on the floor, guitar hanging on his shoulder.

"So what did we do last time that made your dad not want us back?" Daniel asked, laughter in his tone.

Zach sat up, "Well we did play the same beat on the drums for about six hours, and by 2:30 in the morning, I dunno, guess my family got kinda sick of it."

Jack shoved Zach off the bed a little bit. "It was a good song." He said.

Jonah let himself into the conversation. "Yeah, one that we still haven't wrapped up yet."

Daniel let out a defeated "yeah."

Corbyn spoke up. "Well, we almost have the melody down and a good chunk of the lyrics, so we just gotta write a bit more I guess."

Zach returned to his original place on Daniel's bed, "Did you write anything like you said you would, Daniel?"

There was no response. Daniel's focus was on you as you walked back into your bedroom. Your hair was up in a messy bun, your body clad in sweat pants and an old cropped t-shirt.

The boys noticed Daniel's lack of attention to the conversation. "Whatcha lookin' at there Danny boy." Jack smirked. Still no acknowledgement was given by Daniel. Jonah laughed and gestured to Corbyn to hand him his guitar pick. He flicked the small piece of plastic at Daniel and it successfully hit him the ear.

"Wha- what?" Daniel turned, surprised. Each of the boys had silly grins plastered on their faces.

"Who are you checking out there Daniel?" Corbyn teased.

Daniel's face heated up as his cheeks flushed. "No-no one."

Jonah scoffed and stood up, making his way over where Daniel was sitting. He peered out the window, Daniel's lack of attention now making sense. "Ooh, someone's got a crush." Jonah squealed, pushing Daniel's shoulder.

"Shut up." Daniel mumbled shyly. The rest of the boys began to hoot and holler, bringing your attention to the house next door.

Through the opened window, you could barely make out the words they were saying, things like "how long have you liked her?" And "why didn't you tell us?" You brushed it off, thinking they were talking about someone else.

What caused your stomach to erupt with butterflies was when you heard Jack's voice above the noise of the others; "Wait, isn't she the girl you sit next to in bio?" Your head shot up from your journal and you looked into the room.

"Hey y/n!" Jonah began. "Daniel here ha-" his voice was cut off by Daniel tackling him to the ground. Daniel stood up and waved nervously at you before closing the window. You slowly waved back. Tomorrow was going to be interesting.

               __________________

The next day was almost normal. Apart from the silly grins and winks you got from Daniel's friends.

When bio class rolled around, the seat next to you was occupied by an extremely nervous Daniel. Not being able to help yourself, you smiled, knowing you were the reason he was nervous.

The entirety of class consisted of shy glances and awkward shuffling in your seat. At the end of the day, you stood at your locker, collecting your things and putting them in your bag. A few feet away from you, your ears picked up the sounds of familiar voices. "Just go you idiot." It was Zach.

"I'm not going anywhere." Daniel protested.

"For the love of God man, just go ask her." Impatience was evident in Corbyn's tone. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Jonah push Daniel in your direction, but you pretended not to notice.

"Uh, h-hey y/n." Daniel started. You turned to face him.

"Hey Daniel." You smiled. His left hand went to the back of his neck and he looked down a little bit. "I was wondering if you would um, like to go out with me this Friday. The guys and I are gonna be performing at a little party thing."

You put your bag down and looked at him. "I love to." You beamed.

His eyes darted to yours. "Really?"

You giggled, nodding. "Yeah, it sounds like a lot of fun."

A huge smile swept across his face. "Okay."

"Here, I'll give you my number." You said, putting out your hand for him to put his phone in.

"Thanks, and don't worry about texting me directions to your house." You laughed. "Wait that sounded way creepier than I wanted it to." He said bashfully.

Laughter remained in your voice. "No, its ok, I get it."

Daniel let out a breath. "I'll see you later?"

"Yeah." He walked off, looking over his shoulder at you and smiling once he reached his friends.

"That clearly went well." Jack commented.

Daniel laughed. "Yeah, this was the one time you guys being a pain in my ass actually paid off."
____________________________________
A/n: yo yo yo hope your having a poppin day my friends :) and also blonde daniel? idk i kinda like it