july 1st ~ jack

sorry this is late!
June 29th
You woke up to the sound of Jack's alarm going off. He didn't get up to turn it off, he only tightened his hold on you and buried his nose further into the crook of your neck. "Jack, baby, you gotta get up or you'll miss your flight." You said gently, scratching your fingers along his scalp. "Mmmm, I know but I don't want to." He groaned in response. "You know, if you don't turn it off, the alarm will keep going and it's pretty annoying." You smirked. Jack let out another groan before untangling himself from you and rolling over to turn off his phone. He pulled the covers away from his body and was about to leave the bed when you grabbed his wrist. "What are you doing?" He asked with a little smile. You buried your face in the pillows, a blush flushing on your cheeks as you pulled him back down to you. "I don't want you to leave yet." You mumbled. Jack rolled on top of you, kissing the back of your neck. "You just told me to get up love." You could feel his lips spread into a smile on your skin. "I know, but I changed my mind." You said sheepishly. You flipped over so you were face to face with Jack, who was still on top of you. You lifted your hand, your fingers brushing a few of his curls from his eyes. He leaned down, his lips touching yours softly and kissing you slowly and deeply. Another alarm went off, causing you both to jump at the sudden noise. Jack picked himself up and got off of you. You lifted yourself onto your elbows and watched him turn off his phone once again. He shuffled to the dresser, pulling out a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. You got out of bed too, wrapping your arms around him from behind. "Y/n, baby, I gotta get dressed." Jack said, sadness evident in his voice. You stepped back and let out a sigh. "I know." Jack slipped the hoodie over his head and pulled you into his chest. "I'm really gonna miss you." You admitted softly. Jack kissed your hair tenderly. "I'm really gonna miss you too babygirl." You looked up at him, your chin still resting against his chest. "Jack, I feel really bad that you don't get to spend birthday when your family." Jack pushed you back slightly and looked into your eyes. "Is that why you're upset?" He asked. You moved out of his hands and sat on the bed. "Well yeah, you're turning twenty and you're not gonna be home to celebrate." You stood up again. "Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy you get to spend your birthday in Australia with your brothers living your dream, but still." You finished, your gaze cast to the floor. Jack walked over to you and took your hands in his. "Hey, of course I'm kinda sad that I don't get to spend it with my family and you-" He smiled and kissed your cheek, causing you too blush. "But it'll be ok. And I'll be home on Tuesday." He added, dipping his head to look you in the eyes. You lifted your eyes, the trace of a smile noticeable on your lips. You hooked your arms around his neck, mumbling an "ok" against the fabric of his hoodie. Once you pulled away you went to get dressed, settling on a pair of leggings and one of Jack's band tees. "Do you have everything?" You asked from the living room. Jack came out of your shared bedroom, suitcases in tow. "I think so, now if only I could bring you." He smirked, spinning you around with an arm securely around your waist. You giggled as you fell into him. "Mhmm, if only, if only." You said, leaning in to kiss him. "Alrighty J, you ready to go- oh come on y/n, he's never gonna leave now." Zach whined from the doorway. Jack pulled away, a smile still placed firmly on his lips. You shook your head. "Off to the airport." You said, grabbing your keys and phone from the counter and heading out the door, patting Zach on the shoulder on your way. "C'mon buddy." Jack chuckled, walking out after you. Zach closed the door, following behind Jack. "How long were you two making out before I walked in?" He asked, walking quickly to catch up to you and Jack. You nearly choked on the coffee you had just sipped from the straw. "Eh, about ten minuets." Jack joked, elbowing you in the side.

July 1st
Jack woke up to a string of notifications on his phone. Multiple tweets and DM's wishing him a happy birthday, but his favourite was the one from you. You texted him a heartfelt message; "happy birthday babyyyyy!! i love you so much and wish i could spend the entire day with you but we'll just have to make up for lost time when you get back. have the best day ever love, you deserve it <3" He responded with "best birthday gift i ever could have gotten was you." And even though he was on the other side of the world, he knew you were smiling.
___________________________________________
A/n: it's also canada day but obviously that's less important let's be real

happy birthday to one of my all time favourite people. jack continues to inspire me everyday. love you jackson robert with my whole heart