not who you are ~ corbyn

requested by @interracial_besson ! hope you like it, love :) aslo y/s/n means your son's name.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Corbyn was always your favorite person. He was always the one that could make you laugh or the one that could dry your tears with a simple hug or kiss to your lips. He was the one that gave you your son, who was now seven years old, and promised to love the two of you for as long as he lived. That's who Corbyn was, or who he was supposed to be at least.

Lately he had been so guarded, so off and snappy. He'd barely given you the time of day in weeks, and it was starting to take a toll on your little family. You had been having to take care of your little boy all by yourself, Corbyn coming home late and ignoring you as soon as he came in the door. The worst part was having to explain it all to y/s/n.

"Where's daddy?" His small voice asked you as you tucked him into bed.

You gave him a sad smile before answering. "He's still at work baby."

The little boy snuggled further into his blankets, "Still? We haven't seen him in three days?" His words shook delicately, his cheeks getting red and his eyes getting glossy.

Every piece of your heart fell apart, bringing him towards you and hugging him close. "Daddy's just really busy sweetie."

That wasn't the first night you cried yourself to sleep.

The next morning, Corbyn left the house early, before you had even gotten out of bed. The smell of his cologne lingered in your shared bedroom, only making your heart sink further.

Y/s/n came rushing into your room as you were brushing your hair, a smile resting on his lips. "Is daddy home?" He asked excitedly.

Your eyes softened at his excitement. "Not right now babes, he already went to work." The little boy looked at you quizzically.

"But it smells like him in here." He pouted.

A sad laugh tumbled past your lips as you crouched down to meet his eyes. "It's just his cologne." You said softly as you handed him the delicate glass bottle. "Be careful. It's expensive."

You turned away to put your hair up and pick out an outfit for the day when you heard the bottle shatter against your hardwood floor, followed by a quiet whimpering. Coming quickly to your boys aid, you saw the tears well in his eyes.

"I'm sorry mommy, I didn't mean to." He cried softly.

"It's okay sweetie, accidents happen. Did you hurt yourself?" He shook his head.

"Is Daddy gonna be mad?" He asked against your shoulder as you lifted him away from the mess.

In your mind, you knew Corbyn would be furious, but that was something you could deal with.

"Of course not baby, he might be a little bit upset, but he loves you too much to be mad over something silly like cologne." You told him , tickling his sides. His laugh was the best thing you had heard in days.

That night, with y/s/n sleeping soundly down the hall, you sat in bed on your laptop, doing a little bit of work before you went to sleep when you heard the front door open and close.

Corbyn came into your bedroom, not bothering to look at you. He set his keys and wallet on his dresser, stopping before he turned to you. "Where's my cologne?" It sounded like less of a question and more of a demand.

"No hello?"

"Y/n."

You sighed, hating this. "Y/s/n broke the bottle earlier this morning. It was an accident. And I told him shi father wouldn't be too mad because you love him too much to be angry over cologne." You looked away from your laptop screen to the man in front of you. "Am I wrong?"

Corbyn let out a staggered breath, trying to calm his emotions. "I can't believe you let him break it."

Your face twisted angrily. "He just wanted to hold it, Corbyn, it reminds him of you, because God forbid you're ever home." You said passively as you left the bedroom for the kitchen.

"I have commitments y/n!" He asserted.

"Fuck off Corbyn, I know you have commitments. But you made a bigger commitment when we had a child. You made a commitment to me, and to him." You pointed down the hall towards y/s/n's bedroom. "And if you don't want us anymore," You heaved in a deep breath, biting your cheek to keep yourself from crying. "If you don't want us anymore, we'll leave."

Corbyn's eyes snapped up to yours, your words hitting him like a brick wall.

"You'd leave me?" His voice was so soft, pain wrung through every word.

You tried your best not to feel bad, you knew you deserved better, that your son deserved better. "This is not who you are Corbyn. You're not this guy. I miss you. Our son misses you." Your voice was strained as you held back the tears that wanted so desperately to fall.

The way he looked at you broke your heart. He looked so lost, so guilt ridden and sad. "I'm sorry." He practically cried. "I don't like myself anymore than you do right now. I've let you down, in so many ways. There's just so much going on, I'm so stressed out and the label is asking so much of me" He rubbed his hands over his face, "But I know that's an absolute ass excuse, and I-I." His eyes refused to meet yours again, just staring down at his shuffling feet. "I understand if you want to leave." It was then that his head lifted.

Your eyes were glossing over, your entire body wanting nothing more than to hug him and tell him you love him and that you forgave him, but you didn't. Not yet.

You shook your head finally. "I don't want to leave Corbyn, but I will if I have to. This isn't the man that told me he'd be with me forever. This is not you."

He cautiously took a few steps forward, not wanting you to back away from him. "Please, let me show you how important you two are to me, give me a second chance."

The thought rolled around in your head for a moment. You wanted to give him a second chance, you just didn't know if he deserved one.

A deep exhale left your lungs, "Okay." You just wanted to go back to how it used to be, and you believed he did too. "I'll give you another chance."

His smile was worth it.

"I'm so sorry for everything I put you through." He told you as he wrapped you up in his arms, every stress left your body. "You know I love you right, you know I couldn't do anything without you?"

You smiled, and it felt good. "I do now."

_____________________________________________
a/n: i'm done school! so hopefully now i will be able to update more regularly. also i'm not taking requests anymore, but if you've given one in the past dw, i'll make sure to finish it!