i found you ~ daniel

hey sunnies! (I literally can't pick one thing to refer to you as i apologize) writing this took awhile cause i really wanted it to be good and this week was really busy, that's why i had no updates which i am also sorry for. But aNYways, can i just address the fact that this lil book as over 400 reads!? What!? Thank you so much!! :)  shoutout to SeaveysGrazer for requesting this! i really hope you enjoyed it love!  I tried my very best but it was kinda hard and i am sooo sorry if it didn't play out the way you originally wanted it to. Enjoy

"Two months Zach, you were gone for two months. You know how long we've been together? We've been together for nineteen months and three days. You know how long it took to ruin all of it? It took you thirteen minutes and some girl to ruin it all Zach." You spat out, voice growing louder with each sentence. Daniel stood outside the door of Zach's room, listing to you and him yell at each other. He slowly walked over to the couch and sat next to Jonah. The rest of the boys were sitting in the living room as well, faces in their palms. "I can't believe he did that to her." Daniel said, his voice tired and disappointed. "I don't think any of us can." Jack spoke up. Corbyn leaned forward in his chair. "Do you think we'll have to stop hanging out her?" Jonah shook his head, "I don't think so, she's one of our closest friends." Daniel sat there, distressed. Two of his best friends were in the other room, screaming at each other. He was racked with fear that you wouldn't just walk out of Zach's life, but his and the rest of the boys' too. The boys remained silent as they listened to the fight you and Zach were having behind the wall. "Zach, why are you trying to defend yourself!? You did it! You cheated on me! You can't deny it so why are you trying so hard!?"You yelled, your voice choked with tears. "Because! I can't let you go! I love y/n! I can't just let you leave without a fight!" You scoffed, letting out a surprised laugh. "Oh well, you sure have a hell of a way of showing it Herron." "Listen, y/n, baby-" you cut him off, your words sharp. "Do not call me that." his tone softened. "y/n, I am so sorry. I'm an ass. I honestly have no idea what I was thinking." You looked down, the tears slipping from your eyes and down your cheeks. Zach lifted a hand to brush them away. You let him at first, relishing in his touch as he leaned forward to kiss you. You did too, but after a moment you pulled away. "No, Zach." you said with a sob. "You can't, not anymore. You can't just kiss me and think it'll just make everything better." He stepped back. "You're right, I'm sorry." you looked down, shuffling his feet, his own tears glistening on his cheeks. You brought your red eyes to his, "you are a totally different person to me now, Zach. I used to think of you as someone who would never, ever hurt me." He came closer to you again. "y/n, please, give me another chance." You looked up at him and shook your head. Your voice was weak, barley above a whisper, and it was noticeable that you were trying your best not to burst into more tears. "No Zach" you said before turning around a stepping out of the room, closing the door behind you. All of the boys that waited in the living room stood up when you came out. "Are you ok?" Daniel asked. You looked at him with red and puffy eyes, shaking your head gently. He swiftly came up to and wrapped you in a hug. You sobbed into his shoulder, knowing your relationship with Zach, who you really did love, was over. Jack came over and hugged you too, "we're still friends right?" Jonah smacked him upside the head, a sad giggle escaped your mouth, still teary eyed. "Of course. You guys are my best friends and what zach-" you took a breath "what he did isn't going to change that. I hope that we will, you know, get past this and, I don't know be friends again. But you guys are forever" Corbyn let out a sad laugh. "Good, because we love you and it wouldn't be the same if you left." the others nodded. You started to walk towards the front door before Daniel stopped in the entryway. "Hey, if you need anything, anything at all, I'm here ok?" He said, brushing his hand over your arm. You smiled at his tone. "I know Danny, thank you" "I'll see you guys tomorrow for lunch." You sighed, waving to the others. You heard the collective "yeahs" and "see yous" come from the boys. "Hey,call me if you need anything, okay? I don't care if it's three in the morning just call" you nodded.  "Bye, Danny,and thank you." You said sadly, kissing his cheek. "Bye." he whispered as he closed the door behind you. Daniel re-entered the living room. "Hey are you okay?" Jack asked. "I don't know, I mean, Zach broke her heart. How could he do that?" Jack nodded. He was the only one that knew about his feelings for you. "Hey, at least you have a chance now." Daniel looked at him. "What do you mean? I can't date Zach's now ex girlfriend who also just happens to be one of our best friends." Jack shrugged. "Sure you can, first of all, Zach let her go, that's on him, and second, there are no rules about it" Daniel rolled his eyes. "I dunno man" Jack patted his shoulder, letting out a breath.  "I'm gonna go check on Zach." He said, trodding up the stairs. Jack gently knocked on Zach's door. "Go." Jack sighed at his response. "C'mon man, let me in." Movement was heard behind the door, but it still didn't open. "Zach please." "What do you even want to say to me?" Zach yelled. "I broke her heart. It was me, I did it. I deserve all the hatred and anger you want to give me Jack, but I know you aren't going to say anything so you might as well just leave." Jack re-adjusted himself so he was leaning against the door frame. "Zach, what you did was awful. You did break her heart and ruined probably the best relationship you've ever been in. She's our best friend Zach, but you are too. I want to make sure you're okay." The door opened and Jack nearly fell into the room. Zach's eyes were red and puffy from crying. He looked at the ground. "I don't know why I did it, maybe I was just feeling lonely. I regret it so much." Zach lifted his head to look Jack in the eye. "She's gone isn't she?" Jack nodded. "She said she'd be back tomorrow for lunch but she isn't coming back to you buddy."