tequila ~ daniel

Aged up danni and reader, mentions of alcohol.
It was five am and you knew you shouldn't call him. You stared at the half empty glass of tequila sitting in front of you. He had always hated tequila, every time you ordered it he'd make a sour face. You weren't drunk, but you definitely weren't thinking clearly. Your thumb hovered over the call button on Daniel's contact. Would he even pick up? Had he deleted your number from his phone? If you were going to do this you had to stop thinking. You threw back the rest of the alcohol letting it burn down your throat. Straightening your shoulders, you pressed call, bringing the phone to your ear. It rung four times before you heard his groggy voice come through the other end. "Y/n?" You swallowed. His voice was deep and raspy, a sound you had missed over the past two months. You rubbed your temple, "he-hey." Your tone was unsteady. Concern rushed into his words. "Have you been drinking?" You were surprised he could still tell when you were tipsy. "Um, a little." There was movement on his end. "Are you at home or the bar?" You found his question irrelevant but answered anyway, "home, why?" "Because I know how bad you are at holding your alcohol and I don't want you to be by yourself." You sighed, smiling at the care his words held. "I miss you Daniel. And I'm not just saying that 'cause I've been drinking." Daniel threw himself back against his pillows. You waited for a response but never got one. "Daniel?" He tried to form a sentence that would make sense. "I-I." Tears pricked your eyes, maybe it was the tequila, maybe it was the lack of sleep you had been living on for the past three days, or maybe it was the fact that you physically hurt being without him. You needed to hear him say he missed you too. "I'll go." You told him, your voice quiet and broken. "No! Please." You raised the phone back up to your ear. "I miss you too. Way too much." Tears rolled down your cheeks but you smiled lightly. "I can't tell you that though. I can't let you come back to me. I can't hurt you, not again." His voice grew quiet. "It hurts now Danni." You whimpered. Neither of you spoke for a few minutes. The only thing you could hear was his steady breathing. "Daniel, do you still love me?" He was silent for a moment. "Y/n-" he said through a breath. You cut him off. "Do you?" He gave in. "Yes, oh my god yes." "But that doesn't matter." You grabbed your keys before you stood up. "Why doesn't that matter!? I know I love you!" Anger began to rush through you. You needed to go for a drive, you didn't know where to, but you needed to go. "It just doesn't!" You scoffed. "What a great counter argument Seavey." Your words were harsh. It started to rain outside, the drops on the windshield resembled the ones on your cheeks. "Well, What do you want me to say then!? Huh y/n?" "Do you want me to tell you that I can't live without you and that these past couple of months have been absolute hell? Do you want to know that every single song I write is about you and they're all depressing?" Your vision was more than blurry now from your tears. You turned left. "I don't know, tell me why we can't at least try again, you said you loved me. That's all we need. If you can't stop thinking about me I must still mean something to you. Are you so stupid that you can't even understand the messages your own heart is giving you?" He sat up and squeezed his eyes shut. "It's not my heart I'm so worried about." Your grip on your phone tightened. "If it's mine don't even worry about it." You were mad. "Being without you is awful ok? My heart is broken without you Daniel." Despite the sadness and meaning you had in your words, your tone was stiff and angry. "Y/n, I can't let you back in then hurt you and have you leave. I'm not ready for that! I don't think I ever will be. I can't break your heart 'cause then mine breaks too." You let out a heavy breath. "I can't break your heart, not again." He said. You got out of your car, slamming the door. "What was that?" He asked. The knock at Daniel's door caused him to whip his head around. "One sec." he mumbled. He opened the door to find you. His hand dropped from his ear. "Then don't." You whispered. His eyes searched yours before he grabbed your waist and pulled you into him. Your arms instantly went around his neck, your phone dropping to the floor. Everything melted away. All the pain and the fear, all the uncertainty, all the doubts you had, because now you had him. He walked backwards into his apartment, pulling you with him. Daniel pushed the door closed before pushing you against it, your lips never separating. "Tequila? Really." He laughed, tasting it on your lips.
___________________________________
A/n: hey look another imagine! i don't even know what i'm doing. smh