in my head ~ daniel

requested my bestie and loml laamer . and by requested i mean i texted her and forced a request out of her. does that count?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Daniel really liked you. He really, really liked you and that's why his heart sank into the pit of his stomach when you said you couldn't hang out for the third time this week.

The first time made sense to him, you had told him you had a class and that afterwards you'd be really tired. He believed you. You felt guilty when you walked out of the lecture hall and went home, no where near as tired as you told him you would be.

The second time he was a little disappointed when you texted him saying you had to work an extra shift. He believed you though.

The third time you denied him he wasn't sure if he believed you or not.

He couldn't get you out of his head, you were always there, like a song playing in his brain over and over.

"I don't know what to do J." Daniel sighed into the phone, pinching the bridge of his nose. "She's said she's too busy to see me three times this week. I can't help but feel like she's trying to avoid me."

"Daniel, she is in university, she probably really is busy. I'm sure she'll come around." Jack said, trying his best to settle Daniel's nerves.

"That would make sense, but she hasn't picked up my calls either, and when I text her she takes for ever to message me back. And her responses are always so dry." Daniel rubbed his face with this one free hand.

"Well, you like her don't you?" Jack asked.

"Yeah. I like her a lot." Daniel mumbled the last part.

"Then go see her, go to her apartment and show her that you want to spend time with her, that you're not just going to give up."

Daniel bit his lip at Jack's words. He knew Jack was right, he couldn't just let you slip away without trying to keep you in his grasp.

"Okay, I'll go."
_
A knock on your door interrupted the movie you and your roommate were watching, although you weren't really paying attention, you kept thinking about Daniel.

"I'll get it." She offered, noticing how you absentmindedly fiddled with the loose strings on your blanket.

Your eyes shot forward when you heard his voice. "Uh, is y/n home?" He asked.

Your roommate threw you and glance over her shoulder, not catching your pleading eyes. "Mhmm, I'll get outta here." She smiled.

She walked over to the couch to grab her purse, leaning over the arm and quietly saying "Talk to your boyfriend." in your ear.

"He's not my boyfriend." You whispered, your eyes falling from him.

Daniel stepped awkwardly into the living room once your roommate had gone. His hands were shoved into his pockets and his head was turned down, looking at his feet.

You just stared at him, waiting for him to say something.

"Sorry for barging in like that," he started through a cough. "I just wanted to know how you've been." He swallowed before licking his lips and looking up at you.

You thought it was unfair, just how beautiful his eyes were.

Sitting up you cleared your throat, the blanket falling slightly when you moved your legs. "I uh, I've been okay." You took a deep breath, the smell of his cologne already filling your apartment. "Daniel, why are you here?"

He seemed surprised by your words, not expecting such a pointed question.

"I came to see you." His response sounded uncertain.

"But I've been ignoring you all week." You were confused as to why he wanted to see you when you had been so cold to him.

He scoffed, some sort of angered smile tracing his lips. "Ya think." His feet shuffled over the hardwood floor of your living room, "I wanted to see if you were okay...and maybe find out why you've been avoiding me."

His eyes found yours, holding eye contact.

You let out a shallow breath, your legs moving so they were no longer folded, your feet hitting the floor. "It, it's a lot of things Daniel, maybe it's just better if we don't see each other again."

His response came instantly, voice strained. "But I want to see you again. What did I do? Did I do something?"

You didn't want to answer that question, because he did do something. He did all the right things.

With a heavy sigh you replied. "You-
no, you didn't do anything. This one is all me."

He looked at you for a few seconds, his eyes squinted. "Bullshit." He finally said, voice taught.

Your face twisted into confusion, then to annoyance. "Excuse me?"

"I said bullshit. You've been ignoring me all week and it's on you? Just tell me what I did y/n." You could tell he was worried and angry, but you didn't know which emotion overpowered the other.

"Why do you wanna know so bad Daniel?" You asked, your voice louder than it needed to be. You stood up from the couch, turning into the kitchen.

He muttered something under his breath as he followed behind you, his hands slipping out of his pockets. "Because y/n, I wanna know what's wrong, I wanna see you, I wanna be with you." His words were pressed, like his temper could snap at any moment.

You spun around to face him, your eyebrows scrunched together. "You." You pointed at him. "Wanna be with me." You pointed at yourself.

"Yeah I do, but it's hard when you ignore me then refuse to tell me what's wrong."

You bit the inside of your cheek, thinking for a second. "Fine. You wanna know what's wrong?"

Daniel licked his lips as he slowly nodded.

"I've been ignoring you because I like you, and you like me. But you shouldn't like me. You deserve someone so much better, so much prettier, so much funnier, someone that actually has a chance of being liked by your friends, family, fans. You don't deserve me Daniel. No. No. I don't deserve you." You started at him, watched him digest your words. "So there."

"You really think that?" His voice cracked, like he was about to cry.

"Yeah." Pain seeped into your words. It hurt, not feeling like you were enough. "I'm afraid to be in a relationship with you because you could do so much better." You whimpered.

"I do not deserve any better y/n. I don't want any better. I want you."

You shook your head. "Damn it Daniel! Why do you want to be with my so badly? I'm a mess!" You shouted, your eyes searching his.

He was taken aback by your sudden outburst, his fists clenching. "Because y/n! You're always stuck in my head!" He looked at you, his face softening. "And I-I just thought that maybe if your in my head all the time, you're supposed to be there."

When you didn't say anything he kept talking. "Look, you can think I deserve better, you can think my friends and family don't like you. But none of that is true. My mom keeps asking me when I'm going to officially ask you to be my girlfriend. The boys keep teasing me with how much I like you, they think you're so nice, so funny and so good for me. And my fans? We don't have to tell them and if they don't like you -which they will- then so what? I like you." He took a step forward, placing a hand on your arm. "Please say something."

You bit your lip, looking up at him. "I-I don't know what to say."

He shrugged, "me neither." You smiled slightly, butterflies erupting inside you when he leaned in slowly. You met him in the middle, his lips softly capturing yours.

"Yes." You said when you pulled away.

"Yes what?"

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

__________________________________________
{09/18/19, 8:08am} so i guess finishing imagines on the bus has become a thing