painting ~ jonah

You stepped cautiously around the room, the plastic covering the floor sticking slightly to your bare feet. You walked over to the wall Jonah was currently rolling paint onto. You wrapped your arms around his waist, causing him to turn his head. He gently placed the roller back into the pan before facing you. "How's it going over there?" He asked, referring to wall you had been painting. "Come see." You pulled him by the hand to the wall closest to the window. Jonah examined the navy blue statement wall. "I'm really glad we chose this colour." You snickered. "I told you it would look better than red." "Yeah, yeah." He teased. "It's gonna look so good with the bed against this wall, then the other furniture against the grey walls." Jonah nodded. "I know, I'm really excited to see the end result." He let out a small laugh, "I never thought I'd be redoing my master bedroom." "I know, we're like, adults now." You giggled. "I'm done with this wall, do you need help with the other two?" You offered. "Yeah, that would be great babe." Jonah said, walking back to the other end of the room with you in tow. He picked up the roller again and you grabbed the brush to paint around the baseboards. About half an hour passed, you and Jonah singing along to the music that played softly in the background. When you stood up from your crouching position you were startled by Jonah brushing a strip of paint on your thigh, covering your jeans. "Jonah!" You shrieked. He let out a hearty laugh, although it died down quickly once he noticed you coming after him with your brush. "No!" He marveled. You jumped on his back, wiping the brush along his cheek. Both of you let out profuse giggles. Jonah brought you into the kitchen where he set you down. "Maybe we aren't adults" you laughed, setting the brush down. "No, but that was fun." He said, brushing his hands off on his already paint covered jeans. "Painting me or the room?" You asked jokingly. "Both." He said, booping your nose. "Can't wait until we have to paint the nursery." Jonah stated, staring down at you with a smirk. "Jonah, I'm not even pregnant." You said with a sarcastic eye roll. Jonah shifted, his demeanour changing. "Well, I mean we've been married for almost three years now and I don't know, would you be into the idea of trying for kids?" He didn't look you in the eye until the end of his sentence. You leaned against the marble countertop, smiling. "You wanna have a baby?" You asked gently. A smile crept onto his lips. "Yeah, I do." You brought yourself forward and Jonah wrapped his strong hands around your middle. "Me too." You muttered. His eyebrows lifted, smile still firmly in place. "So we're gonna try for a baby?" He asked eagerly. "We're gonna try for a baby." You repeated through a wide smile of your own. Jonah lifted you off the ground and pressed a kiss to your lips, both of still smiling widely. "I can't wait to tell the boys." He said after putting you back down. "They're gonna be so excited to be uncles." You beamed.
____________________________________
A/n: ok I honestly have no idea where this came from but i kind of love it its so cute uwu.