morning hike ~ daniel

The window of yours and Daniel's bedroom was slightly ajar. A mild breeze making its way past the sheer curtains, causing them to rise and fall gently.

You were awakened by the absence of your boyfriend in the bed. You had been cold, him not there to supply warmth and used your hand to feel around the mattress,looking for him. When that had no outcome you turned around to face his side of the bed, only to find it empty.

You let out a tired sigh, "Danny?" You wondered aloud. There was no answer. You sat up slowly, rubbing your eyes. "Daniel?" You said his name again.

He poked his head out of the bathroom around the corner. "Morning, love." He said to you, voice still sleepy. You smiled at his shirtless state.

"Why are you awake, its-" you glanced at the clock on the bedside table, "4:47 am."

Daniel made his way over to the bed. "I know, but it's the perfect time to go for a hike." He said to you with a grin.

You let yourself fall back into the pillows. "It's too early to go for a hike." You groaned, slinging an arm over your face.

Daniel reached for your hand and peeled it away from your eyes. "It's the perfect time for a hike, once we reach the top of the hill the sun will be rising and the view will be beautiful." His voice was hushed and gentle. When you didn't say anything Daniel tried one more time, "please baby girl?" He said in a pleading tone.

You looked at him with mock announce. "So not fair, you with your pretty eyes and persuasive voice." You argued, getting out of the bed.

Daniel smiled, doing a little victory dance behind you as you walked to the dresser. You opened a drawer and pulled out a pair of jean shorts, not bothering to change out of the comfortable shirt of Daniel's your had worn to sleep.

You felt him brush passed you as he went to the kitchen to fill water bottles.

Once you were dressed, you made your way to the kitchen as well. You padded down the hallway, messily throwing your hair into a haphazard bun. Daniel smiled at you from the sink.

You sat down on one of the bar stools and grabbed a blueberry muffin, pulling it apart and eating it slowly. Once the bottles were filled Daniel placed them next to your hiking bags by the front door. He came up behind you, resting his chin on your head, waiting for you to finish the muffin. When you were done you stood up, Daniel's hands falling from your waist "I'll go grab my bag." You said to him.

"No need love, I already packed it." He said, gesturing to the door with his head.

You looked over and sure enough, there was all your stuff; hiking bag, runners, water, everything you needed for your early morning hike. "Oh," you said in surprise. "Thank you babe." Daniel nodded.

"Are we ready to go?" He asked you.

"Yep" you told him, heading to the entryway to get your shoes.

Daniel was already sitting on the small bench, tying his shoes. You sat next to him to put yours on. "There is about a 90% chance that I will fall asleep in the car." You said.

Daniel chuckled. "That's fine babe, just means I get aux." He said with a sly smile before quickly throwing his bag over his shoulder and running out of the house.

You retrieved your own bag and chased after him. "That is so not what that means Seavey!" You hastily closed and locked the door behind you.

You got to the car just as Daniel had unlocked it. The two of you scrambled into the vehicle and fought for the aux cord, Daniels strength and your tiredness had quickly resulted in his win.

You leaned back into the seat. "Uhg, fine but don't play anything too hype, I do wanna sleep." You said, eyes fluttering closed.

Daniel laughed slightly at your defeated state. "Okay y/n." He agreed and pressed a kiss to your temple. You opened your eyes for a mere second to reach for Daniel's hand. His eyes briefly left the road, a smile gracing his lips once your hands made contact.

He moved your intertwined hands to rest on the console, where they remained for the rest of the drive.

You fell asleep shortly after Daniel began driving.

Once the vehicle stopped, he looked over at you. Your eyes closed, strands of hair falling over your face, nose scrunched slightly. He admired you in your sleepy state. "Damn, that's my baby." He said to himself, a smile firmly placed on his lips.

He lifted his hand to brush a piece of fallen hair from your face, you stirred gently under his touch. "C'mon y/n, we're here, love." You opened your eyes, squinting a little at the small amount of light peeking behind the trees. You took in a sharp breath, the smell of the trees and still cold morning air filling your senses and waking you up."You good there y/n?" Daniel asked you, eyebrow raised and a smirk on his lips.

"Yup, just waking up." You hopped out of the vehicle and opened the side door to grab your bag.

"I got your water bub." You slung your bag over your shoulder then looked over to Daniel who was shaking your bottle of water in the air a little ways from the car.

After closing the door you walked over to him. He handed you the water and you slipped it into the side pocket of your backpack.

"Onward!" You exclaimed, lifting your arm into the air in the direction the two of you needed to head.

Daniel grabbed your hand "onward!" He repeated, giggling.

The two of you began your trek up the steep hill towards the Hollywood sign.

It had been around twenty minutes of walking when you stopped. "Did you bring the speaker love?" You asked Daniel.

"Oh, yeah." He brought his bag off his shoulders and reached inside, pulling out the speaker.

"I'll connect my phone." You said pulling it out of your back pocket. Shortly after, music started to flow through the air, you and Daniel smiled at each other.

"Much better." He said, stuffing the speaker into the water bottle pocket on the other side of his bag.

After about an hour and a half of hiking, you were close to the Hollywood sign. "No matter how many times you drag me out here at 5 in the morning, it's still beautiful." You told him while looking out at the view of L.A spread in front of you.

Daniel kissed your temple. "I know, why do you think I do it?" You shook your head at him. "But hey, it's still not as beautiful as you darling."

You blushed, "Thank you, baby."

You reached the top, discarding your backpack and walking carefully near the edge. Daniel came up behind you and wrapped his arms around you, the two of you taking in the rising sun and the view.

The light slowly crept over the length of L.A. "I love you." You breathed out.

"I love you too" Daniel said without hesitation.
_________________________________
A/n: This chapter made me soft. Hope you enjoyed,  drop a vote and comment :)