i still do ~ zach

there is no better view

than watching you strip down after we argue

making it worth the pain that we go through

that smile on your face cause nobody knows you like i do

"Y/n!"

"What Zach? What do you want me to tell you?" You sounded exasperated. Having this fight with him for the third time this week made you wonder if the whole thing was really worth it.

"I want you to tell me that this is gonna work out! That we're gonna make it work, relationships need work y/n." He was mad, but he was also desperate.

"You're right, relationships do need work Zach, but this one isn't working. You can't force meant to be babe." His jaw clenched at your words, and so did your heart. It hurt to think about not being with him, but honestly, trying to be with him through the broken pieces of your relationship hurt even more.

"Don't tell me that." He mumbled. He looked into your tired eyes with his own.

You pulled your bottom lip between your teeth and let out a defeated breath. Zach took a step forward, grabbing your hips and pulling you closer.

"This isn't gonna work forever Zach." You told him, your eyes bouncing between his eyes and his lips.

"I know." He said through a breath, his voice husky.

His hands traveled up to rest under your shirt on your waist.

"You better kiss me quick Herron." You said lowly. Zach didn't say anything more. His lips were on yours as soon as you got your sentence out. His kisses were fast and feverish, his fingers hooking under the fabric of your t shirt and pulling your body flush against his.

He peeled the material off your body, his shirt following soon after. You smiled against his lips, knowing he knew you best, and would continue to know you best for awhile.

i still picture it (it's been a couple of months)

i swore in my head (this was the right thing for us)

but it's breaking my heart

it's breaking it off

"No! I can't do this! Not anymore." You ran out of the bedroom, tears falling from your cheeks and landing on the hardwood floor.

"Y/n, please we can talk about this." Zach came chasing after you, trying to calm you down and take the bag of your things from you.

"Zach, for the love of God! We can't just talk about this." You gestured between the two of you. "All we've been doing for the past month is 'talking' but really we're just screaming at each other and I'm done trying to fix what's so fucking broken."

"C'mon, you cant just run away! You're being so selfish!" His fingers gripped the counter, his other fist balling up tightly.

"You think I'm running away? You think I'm selfish? Let me tell you Zachary, I thought about bailing months ago, but I loved you too fucking much and I believed you when you told me we could work this out, I believed you when you said all relationships have their hiccups. This whole thing is a disaster and I'm tired of trying to fix this bullshit."

He swallowed hard. "You can yell and scream all you want, but it won't be at me anymore." He didn't say anything, just watched your shoulders shake with sobs as you slammed the door.

"Zach?" Jack's voice cut into Zach's thought of you.

"Mm? Yeah?" Zach pulled himself out of his zoned out state, looking back at Jack with sad eyes.